Cant decide

Samsmum

Where to start? Feeling fat and a diet failure. Been going to SW on and off for years,got more books than the consultant, spent hundreds of pounds and weigh more than when i started. Same with Cambridge. Lost count of the re starts I've had. All my own fault not the diets. Need to get this weight off but do i go for one of them or try ww. Keep dithering between them all and every week i weigh a little bit more. If only someone could decide for me!!!

You have spent so much money on SW and have all the literature- would you consider trying that again? I find having the online support from here and twitter helps immensely when I'm having a tough time. Don't be hard on yourself for not succeeding first time round- or maybe 2nd or 3rd- like me. I've tried most of the diets out there and I've finally found some degree of success with slimming world. Still a long way to go but I'm taking it easy.

Thanks for the reply and yes i think you're right. Going back on monday. Need to start thinking positive, stop looking for quick fixes and get on with it properly. Good luck to you too x

the support on here is really helpful it will help you stay on the bandwagon!! I count calories and that works great xxx

Thanks for the replies and the support. Just done my healthy shop and ready to sign up at SW tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Feel in the right frame of mind and feel ready for some healthy food. Fed up of eating rubbish and feeling rubbish. Fingers crossed this is my time to do it x

DeeG, please can you describe how twitter and SW work? I mean, how do they help?! I'm a new mum and want to make the most of my iphone when the biscuit tin calls me when I'm home alone! Actually, would this site/app be good for those times too?

Have only just downloaded minimins but am loving the advice and support already!

hi hun, to be honest your message had me really digging deep into my emotions, i know exactly where your coming from.....but look at me :) 18months or so ago i was that person walking back into a slimming world group AGAIN but this time it felt right and the reasons i wanted to lose weight was for me.. go along to several groups if you can and check out the consultant and the group.... then you decide
you would be more than welcome at any group i run :)
keep posting and inbox me if you want too
have alook at my gallery too x

@hannahpot. I've had a twitter account for ages but have just recently started using it. I've started 'following' people who are also at slimming world. I find it much the same as this- we all swap recipes and tips and let each other know different syn values etc. it takes a while to get used to though tbh.

My god Maxine. You look like a completely different woman. What an inspiration. The consultant i'm going back to (again) is fab and so supportive. I know she wont judge me! I want to do this and prove i can to myself. My confidence is non existant at the minute. I know losing weight isn't the answer to everything but feeling better about myself has got to make a big difference. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow if that's ok x

Back