cant eat enough???

sin

hi
can someone please tell me if it really matters if i dont reach my target of 33 pp per day.......im really sruggling to eat that much as i cannot stomach breakfast! d most i can get to is about 20.....so if im eating healthier can i still loose weight? this is my first week on weight watchers and im so confused!!!

They say that if you have less than 26 points a day your body goes into starvation mode and stores all the food. If you can't eat first thing can you eat something a bit later as you won't start burning calories until you eat. Have you tried belvita breakfast biscuits? They are six pp for 4 biscuits but are full of fibre and are easy to take with a cuppa. Perhaps don't eat many zero points foods and go for healthy foods that are pointed for example peas or parsnips instead of carrots.
You might show a loss on the scales in the very short term but the longer you go on that amount of points you won't carry on losing weight.

I agree with the above statement,26pp is the lowest WW will let you go. And its on a gradual reduction to help ensure your body does not enter starvation. Have you tried adding some full fat products to your diet rather than fat free - like milk and cheese? As some fat is required in a diet. Perhaps have a look at the portion of zero pp and try to add some peas,sweetcorn, potatoes into this to use some pps up.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Do not go below 26 points as it will damage your metabolisim.

I would recommend you introduce some healthy higher point foods like sweetcorn, popcorn and mushy peas.

Or something which you really miss on the diet and work it into your points.

Also I found starting to eat breakfast on ww was one of the hardest things to do. I actually used to feel ill at the thought of it. Start with something simple like a piece of toast with a turkey rasher and a bit of brown sauce (really yummy!).

Eating more points doesn't have to eat more. A few tweaks to what you're having can bump up the points

Whats a typical days menu for you?

hi ladies thanks so much for your replies...had my first weigh in today and lost almost 6 lbs!! cant believe it so happy!! anyway i tried eating cheese and the belvita biscuits and they are working a treat, also i find the more i continue with the diet i am actually looking forward to my breakfast even if it is only some toast but i have found the weightwatchers yoghurts really good too for bumping up my points

Congratulations, that's a great loss, my friend who is doing it with me never ate much but has done really well and found she actually feels hungry in the morning because her body has started expecting food :) she carries the belvita's in her bag so she always has some handy and she has dropped a size in 5 weeks by eating more than she ever did before as she lived on fruit :p

thats exactly how i feel!! i have played it safe most of the week though by eating the ready made weight watchers meals....this week i have to try and prepare dinner and calculating the points myself.....so happy though with the results more determined then ever to shift this baby weight ( four years later!!) :p

Congrats sin, fingers crossed it continues for you... I bumped myself up to the daily total by having some garlic philly with some mini breadsticks tonight ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

lol @ cori....i think we are fooling ourselves!! @ brizzelpixie that dish sounds yummy...must try......not had a great weekend tho...if i wasnt eating enough i was eating too much!!! weigh in tomoro my only hope is i didnt gain the weight i had lost!!

Back