can't find lemon cheesecake recipe

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Sorry not sure where to post this.
When I did sw a few years ago i made a lemon cheesecake with quark eggs and sweetener but I can't find it anywhere. It had about 6 syns, has anyone heard of it? It didn't have a biscuit base. thanks

is this the one if you leave out the base?Baked cheesecake
Experimented with making a low-syn cheesecake using quark and this is the result...

Makes 2 - 3.5 syns per portion

Ingredients
Half a tub of quark
1 egg
5 teaspoons of splenda
Vanilla essence
Base
2 light digestive biscuits - 7 syns

Method
Crush the biscuits in a bowl and mix in a little bit of sweetener if desired. Divide the crumbs between two ramekins and press down into the base with the back of a spoon.

Mix together the quark, egg, splenda and vanilla. Divide between the two ramekins.

Heat the oven to 150degrees and bake the cheesecakes for 30 mins. Turn the oven off and allow it to cool completely with the cheesecakes inside. Leave the door open slightly to give you a more moist and not cracked top.

When cool, transfer to the fridge for an hour until ready to serve.

You can serve them with berries on top, or vary the flavouring by adding lemon zest or whatever takes your fancy.

This was my first attempt and they came out lovely! It's quite a traditional baked cheesecake texture, definitely more creamy than I was expecting and quite sharp cos of the quark...could take a bit more sweetener. It definitely tastes like the german/swiss style baked cheesecakes rather than the usual british style. But it's a nice low-syn option for a pudding and I'll be making them again :)

Leave out the base and add lemonjuice and little grated rind or just lemon essence(few drops) to mixture.
Alternatively make mix add some gelatine powder dissolved in little hot water and cool in fridge.

yeah it sounds very similar thanks, i know it had 6 syns in but can't work out what for. is squeezed lemon juice synned- maybe that was why, I think I may do some experimenting too!

Back