Can't find the motivation...

*steph*

I don't know what's up for me. For the third or fourth time now I've hit the 9/10lb loss mark and give in to food. So I've been sat here all morning researching how to get my head into the game and have a bit of motivation, but I can't find it. I know that I want to lose weight so I can wear different clothes and look better in them, and that I want to look better for my boyfriend too, but food has a much bigger hold on my brain! Somebody at work will say 'should we drive to maccies' and I will think about it, think what would I rather have, and food always wins. I've tried weight watchers which has worked better for me than anything else but it's still difficult. I want my motivation to be stronger than my love for food. I've got three stone to lose and know that can be done in around 5 months, but my head just isn't in it! help :(

I don't know what's up for me. For the third or fourth time now I've hit the 9/10lb loss mark and give in to food. So I've been sat here all morning researching how to get my head into the game and have a bit of motivation, but I can't find it. I know that I want to lose weight so I can wear different clothes and look better in them, and that I want to look better for my boyfriend too, but food has a much bigger hold on my brain! Somebody at work will say 'should we drive to maccies' and I will think about it, think what would I rather have, and food always wins. I've tried weight watchers which has worked better for me than anything else but it's still difficult. I want my motivation to be stronger than my love for food. I've got three stone to lose and know that can be done in around 5 months, but my head just isn't in it! help :(

The thing that is really helping me is thinking about how much I want a baby, so maybe try thinking of something you realllllllly want that might help? But I know the feeling, last week I ate everything in sight haha! Good luck and hope your feeling better xx

I feel exactly the same as u... It's like an addiction to food the wrong type of course! I'm getti g married in less than a year now and I STILL don't have the motivation I think to myself what is wrong with me?! I start of reali good then go on a massive binge :( so upsetting! Iv hopped between so many diff diets I think I'm driving myself a lil mad! I have 2stone to lose but just need to get motivation and bring my head inside the box! Sometimes it's nice to blow of a little steam and this forum is great for support so hopefully wel get to where we need to be, afterall wer all here for the same reason! :) good luck! X

I'm the same. I flit between diets blaming them for my inability to stick to them when really I don't have the will power. I feel my motivation isn't lost completely but my will power just isn't pulling its weight. It's so hard and upsetting. I really want this yet I seem unable to not eat the wrong foods. Why is my love for food so bloody difficult to over come? It's like I'm trying to dump my relationship with food but I can't cut the ties haha x

Any of you guys try periodic overfeeding? Keep really strict over a 5 day cycle and on the 5th Day, eat what you like? It works on a psychological level as in you only have to wait so long until you get to eat what you want and on a physiological level as it boosts your fat burning potential provided you drop your calories back the next couple of days

This sounds right up my street. I'm trying my own version of 5:2, 1500 5 days 1000 2 days. I'm still limited to what I could eat so having one day that I could possibly have a pizza or a curry would be nice and may keep me on track the rest of the days.

Yes, this all sounds just like me too. I have tried so many different diets. I do pretty well in the first two weeks and then cave in, as soon as someone suggests going out or a take away, then I will binge on for a few days until I am back to where I started. I just seem to lose momentum very easily. :confused:

Here's another one, I'm starting back AGAIN!. I have one week done and feel as though I should have a stone lost for my suffering. I find the evenings the worst I just want to binge.

I have a pattern of loosing 10-14lb then I go yahoo I can eat again! put it all back on then start again.

I am sick of this, I cannot get it into my head that it has to be a lifestyle change for good.

I feel you pain girls im the exact same, and now m embarrassed to rejoin weight watchers again for the 100th time in case the leader thinks this girl is a joke as i start n stop that much. I need will power n motivation wish you could buy some lol

Good Luck everyone I am starting again as well.

Julie

goodluck all of you. i officially restart on monday after several failed attempts. here's hoping i stick to it this time around.

Back