Can't Focus

angelcake72

Hi, I just can't focus - I know it can't be helped and I shouldn't really be thinking it. My dad passed away last week and he was so proud of what I had achieved so far, but now it seems insignificant. But I also don't want to blow it and put on all the weight I have lost in the last 8 weeks (17lbs). Any help on how to cope with/what to eat etc - this would be appreciated!!!! My OH is being super really trying to keep me focussed!!:break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

Hi hun,so sorry about your dad,i lost my dad last year so i know how your feeling,its a hard time to diet at times like this,just try your best .Luv kat

Sounds like a bit of depression is getting to you (understandably!). Maybe try looking online at foods that can help boost your seratonin levels. There are many and they are usually healthy (I seem to remember bananas being one of them). Try not to let yourself get too low. I lost my dad about 9 years ago and it was a very hard time for everyone. But what really helped me was to remember his life as a celebration rather than dwelling on the loss. In a strange way I felt even closer as I felt that I could be with him now just by thinking about him. Maybe you can sit and bring him into your thoughts and see his face and hear his words of pride and encouragement and use that to give you a bit of strength?

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. Time will make it it feel less "raw"... but in the meantime, surround yourself in friends and family and let their support and love hold you up at this difficult time. <<hug>>

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad passed away. My dad passed away 4 years ago and I was mortified. It took me forever to get past that raw stage. Even now, I get so upset so easily when I think of him.

You have done so well with your weight loss and your dad was proud of you, try to keep it going because just think about how proud he would be of you getting to target and feeling good about yourself.

If you're really struggling to keep on the plan, why not try to maintain for a couple of weeks. That way you're not going to beat yourself up if you don't lose any weight. I know it's hard and to be honest, eating was the last thing I thought about, but don't undo all the great work you've done so far.

Big hugs and although you might not believe it now, time IS a healer. The pain doesn't go away, it just gets easier to handle.

Ahh I am sorry to hear that. It is a very difficult time to diet for you anybody can understand that. Please don't be dissappointed with yourself. You need to be in the right frame of mind, and I think you just need a little time. Your dad would be proud of you whether or not you lose weight.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad *hugs*. I really cant offer advice on your situation apart from take each day as it comes. Maybe see if you can plan a weeks food easy stuff cook anything that can be frozen after and stick in the freezer so in times when your feeling down and cant be bothered cooking then you can just frab from the freezer and stick it in the microwave. Take care xx

Back