CAN'T GET BACK ON TRACK

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
Right ladires i am appealing for help for the last week i have gone mental i reckon i have put bout 5lb's on even coming on here hasn't helped too much i cent seem to get my head on , i'm all hormonal too i want to eat bread all the time i have stopped smoking , so i started again in a hope to curb the eating and it hasn helped, today i have already eaten porridge and a chinese chicken sandwich on white tea cake and quavers bout a billion syns or something,somebody give me a kick up the arse i'm ruining all my hard work anbd i feel like crapolio's :sigh:

:asskick: LOL theres your ass kick!!:D

I think we all have bad "days" I ended up drining loads of vodka on Wed night as I had a friend over...I ended up not counting the syns...ooops!

Just try and draw a line underneath and start again....you know you can do it :girlpower:

but thats what i usually do and the line just keeps disappearing it's awful it's like food compulsion at the moment i don't know whats wrong with me!

I can't give any advice as I have hit the skids 2-3 times since starting Slimming World BUT I'm sure you can and will get back on track x

Maybe your feeling normal again??? I went from a size 24 to my current 18 i started feeling normal, not the fattest blob around and started major eating again. Hence joining slimming world to get back control of myself before i did too much damage (7lbs worth damage since losing 5 stone i might add!!).

Maybe its hormones, maybe its life stress, or maybe its complacancy qwith you new shape. If your not happy with your shape or weight then you need to stop yourself NOW if you are happy with how your loking why ruin it by pigging out all the time, once in awhile a blow out is ok, everyday no no.

hope im helping not hindering

You could try having the chupa chup lollipops - they are only 1.5 syns each & dead sweet & especially with you giving up smoking it might help more, good luck hope that helps!

Julie19

Awww hun! You can do it, be positive! Perhaps if you try 1 thing at a time that may help? Be strict with yourself to start off with on SW and then when you're happy with your progress then attempt to stop smoking. It's probably all just too much at the moment.

((((Big Hugs)))) xx

Right, get it out of your system today and don't feel guilty, then plan your days meals for tomorow and have pleanty stuff in and then start again. Make sure you have lots of fruit to snack on.

You can do this!!!!

i keep trying to do that hon i really do but food keeps just arriving in front of me, was really good though felt better for just putting up this post went out and skipped lunch after my sandwich at brunch am gonna have a totally free tea and try low syn all weekend see if i can't get back up to speed , thank you all for your suggestions i might try the lollipop one.

Yes that's what I try to do when I go off the rails - I just have free food for the rest of the day. Try and take loads of fruit or mugshots are free snacks like that into work so they're then when you've got the munchines, will hopefully make you less inclined to touch other naughty things - this is what I'm trying to do this week! I'm eating fruit even when I'm not hungry so I won't have the excuse to pick.

I've been going off the rails A LOT recently as well, for example, I organise business lunches when we have board meetings, I've got into the terrible habit of finishing off any of the leftover sarnies even if I've already had my own lunch! They're not even nice sarnies!

Look out your pics of you you hate and then think....do I want to be like that by summer again!!??? Works for me :D

the weather is so nice- get yourself outside bottle of water in hand, ipod/mp3 in pocket and take yourself for a nice walk. And smile the whole way- look at the things that you pass, sing along to your favourite music and think to yourself today is a new day. You'll be burning away a few syns and clearing your head at the same time. Sounds sad- but it does the trick for me, gets me in the mood to think positive! xxx

Hi!

I hope your feeling much better and have managed to get back on track. Do you plan your meals? perhaps the night before? I have only been doing the diet for 1wk, but i find taking 10min at night to plan my food the next day really helps. I only eat what on my food diary for that day.

I think your loss so far has been cracking and it would be such a shame to waste it. Its so unfair that it take soo much effort to stay on track but in a split second we can be off track.

x

Come on you have done well up to now..... I must say you look a stunner by your profile pic,,, so lets get the bod to go with that gorgeous face

Phil x

I've been having a bit of rough time of it too... not exactly off the rails, but more thinking I'm doing the plan but really I'm pushing the boundaries a LOT. I've had a bit of an addiction to pork scratchings too, which doesn't help!:rolleyes: Every time I go to the grocery store, I grab another bag! But my weight has just stuck in one place for weeks now and that in itself is enough to demotivate me. So it's been hard to keep following the plan. But I have to tell myself that although I've made good progress, I still have a way to go, and giving up now is really going to upset me further down the road when I have undone all my good work and am facing the journey all over again.

I was in the supermarket at the weekend and I really, really wanted another bag of scratchings... even tried to kid myself that I'd get one bag and eek it out over a few days. But decided I just had to NOT buy it, that was the safest thing. And I'm glad I did that now. What is more important is that I remember my goal. The scratchings will still be there when I've lost another half a stone and maybe then I'll treat myself. But eating things like that all the time is what got me in this mess in the first place. So, that is what has to change, my eating habits. Have them occasionally...as a treat (or chocolate, or crisps, or whatever your particular downfall is).

Get the latest magazine and make the effort to cook some recipes and snacks from there. There's lots of good stuff in there.

The thing is, you know you're going to be happier if you just finish the journey you've started and not give up halfway through. And only you can make that happen. If you actually have to tell yourself, out loud, "No, I don't need that!", which I often have to do to make myself listen, then do it. You know you can.

The trouble is, we get a bit bored after a while and it's harder to find the motivation. Like joining the gym and going regularly, all gung ho for a couple months and then the enthusiasm tapers off... it's the same with dieting, etc. It's exciting to start with, especially with the big losses, but then after a while it's hard to get excited about it and make the same effort. But that is when you need to work the hardest... get yourself out of this funk and remember to value yourself! It's still a couple months until proper summer so there's plenty of time to pull it back and make sure you're out there looking and feeling great.

Set yourself small goals... like just a week at a time. Plan a few meals for the week, make a shopping list. If it helps, cook it up in advance. You can do this... You know you can... you were doing it before, so think about what you were doing and thinking at the beginning that kept you motivated and take yourself back to that place. As soon as you get back on the scales and see a loss, your motivation will come back. Just get through one good week to make that happen, and it will be easier from there!:character00238:

Why not treat yourself so some new clothes in a smaller size. Something that you really like, and hang it on the fridge door.

You are so close to your target now, you could do that in no time if you stop cramming junk down your throat. You know you can stick to plan. Spend a bit of time planning your main meals for the week and stick to it. Go back to basics and write out your food diary again, being strict with yourself might just get you back on track.

When you think you want something that's high syn or not on plan, ask yourself do you REALLY want it. Give yourself 10 minutes to decide. generally after that 10 minutes, you've had time to talk yourself out of it. Stock up with foods you know you can have and don't buy stuff that will tempt you. If you're strict with yourself for a couple of weeks you'll be back in the swing of things and be on your way down to target again. Only you can do it, and only you can decide what you put in your mouth or not. How much do you want to lose the weight versus how much do you want to eat something off plan?

Remind yourself why you started SW in the first place. Write a for and against list giving reasons for getting the rest of your weight off or not. I think it's a case of brainwashing yourself back into it.

And for a bit more motivation.. here's a kick up the backside ;) good luck with getting back to it.

kutb-1.jpg

Back