can't get motivated

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by sunsetbeach1, 17 November 2010 Social URL.

1. sunsetbeach1

sunsetbeach1 Member

I relocated to another country 4 months ago and since moving I've put on a lot of weight. It's making me miserable and I keep deciding that today I will start to diet but I make it until the evening and then I spend all evening eating junk. I desperately want to lose weight but just can't motivate myself to do it :( Does anybody have an ideas or words of wisdom to help me?
    Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home
    Aww Sunset - motivation is hard to come by isn't it? I'm sorry no words of wisdom - but I know when you are in the right frame of mind you will start and be successful. Sometimes making a plan helps - eg planning menus or sorting through cupboards to get rid of any temptations. Maybe plan some small reward for each small milestone you reach. I buy a small article of make up or clothing each time I am in a shop if I have lost any weight since the last shop.

4. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    take a look at the s/w forum its a brilliant plan there is a thread on there explaining it to newbies i have been following it for 11 weeks and have lost 15lbs so far its not like being on a diet i usually only stick with a diet for 3 weeks then give in, have a look and see if u think u could follow it u will get lots of help and advice good luck x

5. Shoegal2

Shoegal2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW EESP
    Sounds just like me - I have ZERO willpower!

6. Shoegal2

Shoegal2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW EESP
    Well done to those who are losing weight though :)

7. ErinW

ErinW Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(21.21%)
    Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    How about trying some really small goals such as not eating junk for one day, or one week? You could try a diet, like WW that lets you eat a small proportion of 'junk' food, if you think you can't dive straight into eating a perfect diet? Or you could also try setting a date that you want to achieve something by, such as half a stone by Christmas, that kind of thing.

8. laurab53

laurab53 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Wibbly Wobblies
    One thing I try to remember when I'm tempted to eat junk is that junk food will always be there, so why waste a good day by eating it? That food will be there tomorrow, and the next day and so on and at some point you will eat it again but you don't HAVE to eat it right now.
    Hope that makes sense, someone said it to me once and it kind of stuck...but I tend to forget it a lot!

9. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    just thought do u eat properly thro the day i find if i haven't had proper meals i tend to want to binge at night just a thought :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.