can't get motivated

I relocated to another country 4 months ago and since moving I've put on a lot of weight. It's making me miserable and I keep deciding that today I will start to diet but I make it until the evening and then I spend all evening eating junk. I desperately want to lose weight but just can't motivate myself to do it :( Does anybody have an ideas or words of wisdom to help me?
Thanks

Aww Sunset - motivation is hard to come by isn't it? I'm sorry no words of wisdom - but I know when you are in the right frame of mind you will start and be successful. Sometimes making a plan helps - eg planning menus or sorting through cupboards to get rid of any temptations. Maybe plan some small reward for each small milestone you reach. I buy a small article of make up or clothing each time I am in a shop if I have lost any weight since the last shop.

take a look at the s/w forum its a brilliant plan there is a thread on there explaining it to newbies i have been following it for 11 weeks and have lost 15lbs so far its not like being on a diet i usually only stick with a diet for 3 weeks then give in, have a look and see if u think u could follow it u will get lots of help and advice good luck x

How about trying some really small goals such as not eating junk for one day, or one week? You could try a diet, like WW that lets you eat a small proportion of 'junk' food, if you think you can't dive straight into eating a perfect diet? Or you could also try setting a date that you want to achieve something by, such as half a stone by Christmas, that kind of thing.

One thing I try to remember when I'm tempted to eat junk is that junk food will always be there, so why waste a good day by eating it? That food will be there tomorrow, and the next day and so on and at some point you will eat it again but you don't HAVE to eat it right now.
Hope that makes sense, someone said it to me once and it kind of stuck...but I tend to forget it a lot!

Back