Can't get my head back in the game!

Langara

I've been going to class (this time around) since mid January, and in the 1st 6 months you couldn't get me off the plan. I lost 2st 10lbs and felt great.

Since then I've gone back and forth up & down those 10lbs. I can get back on plan no problem when it comes to meals, but I just can't seem to avoid the naughty stuff love to eat... and the not getting it in so I can't eat it doesn't work, I went to the shop in a hail storm tonight for a packet of galaxy counters! I am seriously considering finding and over eaters anonymous class as I don't know what else to do.

I love cooking, and having something different every day from one of the almost 30 SW recipe books I have, I make different soups to take to work for lunch with piles of fruit and a couple of mullerlights to make sure I don't go hungry.

Any ideas?

eta - it doesn't help that my mum keeps on going on about all the people I have inspired to join SW and loose weight, my aunty is our classes miss slinky as she is so single minded and joined with one of my cousins after my first storming 6 months, my sister has also joined her local class a couple of months ago, she got her 1.5 stone award last week!

Dieting is a head thing. You can have all the right foods, ideas but unless your heads in the right place, it wont' work.

Think about why you joined SW in the first place. What do you want to loose weight for, what will you gain by loosing weight?

Could you write a plan for the week - inc the treats you like (but all synned) so you don't have to think about what your eating, just follow your plan.

Hang in there, you know it works

Thank you, I used to always do a menu plan, maybe that's the bit I'm missing?

I do find if I set a goal for the week it all goes to pot, so I've stopped doing that LOL.

Think long term goal / lifestyle choice not get slim quick scheme then as long as your going forward it doesn't matter how long it takes

synning up treats for each day might work, so that you are getting the fix of eating what you love, without guilt, and can concentrate on the food you enjoy to cook?

abz xx

thanks, I think I need to start recording my syns again.

My brother said a couple of months ago, it's taken me 20 years to put it on, it'll take about 5 years to get it off... I was thinking more along the lines of 2years! But I need to be realistic I have 12 stone to loose.

I always say I just want to be a size 16 so I can shop in any shop, but I would love to 10.5 st, get in a healthy BMI so if I don't get pregnant the dr still can't blame it on my weight like she is at the min. I know it is a real issue, that being as big as I am can affect fertility.. oh there you go a long term goal! Thanks :)

thanks, I think I need to start recording my syns again.

My brother said a couple of months ago, it's taken me 20 years to put it on, it'll take about 5 years to get it off... I was thinking more along the lines of 2years! But I need to be realistic I have 12 stone to loose.

I always say I just want to be a size 16 so I can shop in any shop, but I would love to 10.5 st, get in a healthy BMI so if I don't get pregnant the dr still can't blame it on my weight like she is at the min. I know it is a real issue, that being as big as I am can affect fertility.. oh there you go a long term goal! Thanks :)

Nuff said! Good luck with getting back into the zone...and good luck with getting pregnant too. :)

Oh hello ME!!!!

Your brother doesn't know that it'll take 5 years, no one knows how long it will take. It will take as long as the effort you put into it.

Let me tell you though, as someone who's DONE the 'getting it off' in two years (from 23 stone to 13.5 stone) - you CAN do it!!

Due to depression, redundancy and some other personal bits and bobs, in the last 6 months I have regained 6 stone. Not very pleasant. But when I was losing the weight I was so happy! I had a great job that I loved, I had an exercise routine and eating routine that worked for me and my body was on it's way to finding it's natural weight.

At the moment i'm not happy, I desperately want to lose the weight again but I just don't feel like the person I was when I was losing the weight. I have started plans and writing everything down and trying to get into that mindset, but I'm not quite that person anymore!

I need to re-find myself and re-find what works, and it's damn damn hard.

Take a good long hard look at yourself, there's only you that can do this. And don't be discouraged by people who say it will take 5 years. They don't know that!!!! It will take as long as it takes, and if you stick to plan today, tomorrow it will take you one less day to get to goal than it did yesterday.

That's a good starting point my love. Good luck!! xx

Back