cant help but notice "kebab"

Tell you what though, I've found when I get a series of weeks stalling, my weight doesn't change but my body composition does. I've not lost much int he past 10 days, but I have lost half an inch on my waist...about kickstarting, yeah I have found if I have what I call a free meal it can suddenly make me release a lot of water.

Tell you what though, I've found when I get a series of weeks stalling, my weight doesn't change but my body composition does. I've not lost much int he past 10 days, but I have lost half an inch on my waist...about kickstarting, yeah I have found if I have what I call a free meal it can suddenly make me release a lot of water.

Hmm....maybe I'll measure my waist etc when I get home and see if I have.

What do you have as a free meal? I'm intrigued.

Well to stop me going mad I have one meal a week which is anything I want. Usually though this happens to be Nandos :-D

Kieran

See, I was doing that before. Except mine was usually every other week, and it was pizza hut! lol! But since I've stopped, I've stopped losing weight! Go figure!

It's really interesting that you're talking about cheat meals. I was shown an article by a friend of mine from the US that says people stall when their body gets used to a way of eating. The writer swears that if you have a whole day where you eat whatever and whenever every two weeks :eek: (I think) you shock your body into action again when you go back to carb restriction for the rest of the time. :rolleyes:

If you're interested I could dig out the article and post it here.

That is kind of what the Carbohydrate Addict diet says...that has one free meal a day..odd...but seems to work..lol

I think each person's body is so individual that different things work for different people. Me for example, I love the idea of a carb free day but I KNOW that I haven't got the willpower to keep it to just one day!

I've heard that theory many times. Works the same for exercise too. The body is incredibly adaptive.. I've been caught in the past doing the same diet/exercise routine day in, day out and after about 6 months or so it stalls .... for no reason.

I find then having a "cheat day" and certainly switching my exercise routine kicks it into gear again.... Don't think there is a need to do it so regularly though..... certainly not if you are still losing :)

I agree with you there Jenki, for a while my weight was fluctuating gaining and losing the same lb. Then when switching my exercise and only having 1 sensible free meal a week...suddenly I lost 3lbs. Now I am not certain it is because I changed things up - perhaps it was going to happen anyway.

Back