Can't rejoin unless stay to class

bouncybikergirl

I'm well chuffed off. I went to rejoin my slimming world class but was told as I wasn't going to stay to the session it would be setting a bad example and was told to come back when I could stay!
Yes I could join online dont always want to spend an hr and a half with mums and crying babies I just don't have the time I have so much other stuff to do sometimes I do like to stay if I have the time. See what recipes the leader puts out and get ideas but i prefer my support online as to be honest she doeant inspire me at all. She is a large woman and doesnt seam to be successful at what she preaches. Lots of ppl weigh and go and did while I was there arguing the toss with her. It's not like I'm new the last time I was there was end of March so I know how the plan works.

That's awful...I would be complaining to head office about it, especially if others are leaving so it's not a class wide rule. Does she mean in general you have to stay to every meeting or was she just wanting you to stay for the class as she thought it was your first time or was she your old consultant when you went in march?

She's the same consultant and was getting arsey with others leaving too. By the time everyone has been weighed she's done the raffle, done the talk, sold the stuff it can be getting on for two hrs being there. I rang head office and they said go to a different one lol

Oooer, not much help then! Why don't you just pay to use the online stuff and come here for your support then? Or is there another class near by? She must be raking it in if she can afford to be turning members away.

Yes I'm gonna join online I think her loss

I just joined and I cant always stay cos they only have 1 person doing WI and it takes so long, then the leader is dealing the the new people (which she should do at the end) then by the time she starts the hour is nearly up!!!!

When I did WW - the leader always told the new people to stay at the end and she would run thur the plan with them - they had 3 people doing WI and she always started her talk at halfpast which was perfect...SW seems to have it all wrong re the meetings I think...

join online and if you ever want to go to a meeting just go don't weigh and stay for the meeting lol if you dont weight then you should get away without paying

I'm really sorry you've had such a rotten experience and hope that you find the right solution!
I do wonder though if maybe there's been crossed wires? Consultants are told not to encourage members to leave early on the first session, and that they should come back the following week when they can devote the time to their success. Lots of consultants are very loathe to do this as they (despite what you may think about their pay) really do need the members to come and join. Most consultants do this job for the love of it, not for the money and not many get a great amount of money!
It sounds like this consultant hasn't explained herself very well, and this has caused you a great deal of upset when you were so determined to make a fresh start. I've never done online membership but there's loads of members on here who do and this site is fab support. If you want to go to a group, dont let this stop you! Find another group that suits you, keep the hour and a half free and go for it!
Good luck whatever you decide x

i asked if i could just weigh in the morning and when i could drop by the evening class for the sessions, she said No I dont think so.. sorry that wont be happening.You cant stay to a group you dont belong to.
So i didnt go back tonight.
I havent joined online I have the books from before and this place now - Ill put the money by each wk and buy new clothes for the new skinny me.
xx

I think you should email her and tell her what you have done, how upset you feel, and exactly why she has lost a customer. Maybe she had good intentions, but it has completely backfired on her.

Maybe give her a link to this thread??

Can't believe that. I just weigh in now I'm at target, I only stayed as I wanted my £5 worth. Have you checked to see if there is another one nearby?

Yeah sounds like that C needs to be a little more tactful. May I ask why you wanted to weigh in the morning and go to the evening class? You could save yourself a trip and do it all in the evenin, weighing as well as image therapy.

Yeah sounds like that C needs to be a little more tactful. May I ask why you wanted to weigh in the morning and go to the evening class? You could save yourself a trip and do it all in the evenin, weighing as well as image therapy.

I didnt really want to go to the evening class at all. But she said I had to stay if I rejoined.
I prefer to go to a morning class as my 2 young daughters are at school then and I cant make any other time. But when I want to go to the gym or have other things on I dont have the time to sit through a 2 hr class.
Ive joined online now anyway :) no hassle now lol

Oooh I just joined online too as I have a little baby and I'm enjoying it more than I thought! I've been enjoying reading the articles and success stories too, it's like having a great big sw magazine!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didnt really want to go to the evening class at all. But she said I had to stay if I rejoined.
I prefer to go to a morning class as my 2 young daughters are at school then and I cant make any other time. But when I want to go to the gym or have other things on I dont have the time to sit through a 2 hr class.
Ive joined online now anyway :) no hassle now lol
How much did it cost you online if you dont mind me asking as I can't get to classes and did you have to pay it all in one go or monthly

Back