Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel

I have been 100% today, I'm proud of myself and want to keep it up...I just feel bigger than ever, even though I've lost 4lbs and before I began slimming world I lose 6lbs so I'm actually 10lbs down to what I was in July but somehow I feel bigger now?!
I want to believe in that light at the end of the tunnel. My C got us to write down our christmas wish at meeting yesterday and most of us including me wrote down that we wanted to lose a stone in 10 weeks. I want to do it so badly but just keep getting negative pangs thinking will I get there? I will stick to the food plan that isn't the problem as such, I think it's the negativity that is getting me down. I think it's so fab when others have lost stones and they look fab but somehow can't come to terms with the idea that I can do the same, almost self sabotage if that makes sense? I often feel that I have grown comfortable with being uncomfortable which sounds ridiculous but the notion that I could actually lose weight and be happier, slimmer and more confident is alien to me. Is it just me that feels this way? I think I need to just reassure myself that I am capable of doing this x

I know what you mean in a round-about way. Just keep it up and get there, that's the only thing you can do if you don't think you can be slim is prove it to yourself by getting there!

you ARE capable of doing it, set yourself small, managable goals, and bit by bit it will come off. and if you don't quite reach your goal then its nothing to be upset or worried about, just carry on and you will soon see and feel the changes. theres so much variety in the sw plan, and planning is a good way of staying on track, shopping lists so you don't buy unecessary food. if you have a bad day, which we all do, the important thing is to recognise it and get straight back on plan before it snowballs out of control. drink plenty of fluids and enjoy your food!! as the weeks go by you will notice little changes, not just in weight but how you feel in yourself and it'll spur you to carry on. :)

I have been overweight since very early childhood and so have no idea what a thinner me looks like! I find it quite exciting wondering what I'll turn out like lol. I'm 7 stone from where I want to be, and sometimes yes it feels like theres no light at the end of the tunnel. But I plow on anyway and set half stones as my targets, so its nice getting a goal accomplished every month or so.

Just keep on with it, and set down a list of reasons why you want to lose weight :) dips in motivation happen to everyone, just look past the despairing feeling and crack on.

I know how you feel. I am about 21 pounds lighter than when I got married and I remember then thinking if only I was a stone or so lighter I would be happier. Thing is I dont feel any different now to when I was bigger. Its only when I looked at pictures the other day I realised there was such a difference. And I should be happy with how I am now.

Try not to let the negative thoughts overwhelm you and dont put too much focus on getting to target. Just take one day at a time and you will suddenly find you look and feel better. The danger is negative thoughts can be self fulfilling so dont linger on then too long.

You can do this hun. You've lost 10lbs since July! Fabulous!

Take baby steps ...

4 more lbs = 1 stone

a lb a week til Xmas

New Year New You

... choose a countdown that works for you.

I've hit a brick wall recently (well the last 3 months actually!) but what's working for me is my Xmas countdown.

Good luck and with the support of the Minnies you'll get there x

Thanks for all your support, it really does make such a difference knowing we're all doing this together. Had a 100% day today, roll on tomorrow xx

Everyone has self-doubt in some form, we are all human after all. It's just that you have to take control and not let self-doubt take over if that makes sense?

You do have your meetings for support and minimins..try to round up friends and family for support too, maybe do an exercise class or go for a walk with you?

Practicality is the key here-it's probably easier in the long run to just accept how you feel right now and be gentle on yourself whilst also realising that you won't always feel like this, that it's not forever and to keep working on losing weight.

Keep posting your progress here too! x

Back