Cant seem to get into sw

Yes it will effect your weight loss. I have just sent you an PM, but this is a quote from a thread I posted a while back, might be worth a bump.

Syns

Syns are everything that don't fit into the category of free food or healthy extra - it's not just "treats" like chocolate, wine, sweets, biscuits etc.(although these do have a syn value). It can be things like gravy, butter, stuffing, additional Healthy Extra's like cheese, milk and bread. Syns are there so you don’t feel deprived or have to cut anything out. We all like a nice treat, whether it be a big bar of chocolate or gallons of gravy on our Sunday dinner, but too much causes weight gain.
Everything that isn’t a FF or HE has a syn number the number depends on how calorie dense it is. i.e. how many calories it has for its volume, and how quickly it turns to energy.

The reason peoples weight loss slows down, or they start to gain when the try not to have any syns, is because the body isn't getting enough calories to function and goes into starvation mode and hold on to everything - what you've got and what you give it.

PLEASE USE YOUR SYNS!

Hi
If i go over my 15 syns a day would it effect your weight loss i think i would be better if i could have a few more

I don't think you would lose more by going over 15 syns! This eating plan has been formulated to achieve the most following the guidelines given.
15 syns is actually plenty and you should be concentrating on the free foods and treat the syns as treats and not the main diet focus.
Phil is right..."the idea is eat less rubbish and you will lose weight.
"
and I'll coin an old phrase..."you can't have your cake and eat it"

Is it true that if you have less weight to loose you should have less syns during the day.

I want to loose a stone and a half, and am aiming for 7 syns a day. Is this about right, or should everyone aim for 15 regardless. I've heard mixed opinions on this, so be good to hear what you guys think.

BIG HUG sent to you. Sorry you are finding it hard and its making you miserable. I would just like to suggest to you that I have only just started doing the extra easy plan and was confused and scared to death when I first started it. But...I have several WW cookery books, pure points, 123, etc and if you have any of those they are so easy to adapt to extra easy plan. I have been using them to plan our meals and they are fantastic.
But my hubby is just like you, likes his bread and muesili. He has been taking his bread to work to have with his lunch - today he had a huge tuna and egg salad with olives (from WW book) and a bit of coleslaw, new potato salad, 2 bananas 2 apples 2 satsumas. He couldn't manage it all and brought some home. But tonight before bed he will have a bowl full of muesli and milk which he refuses to count in any shape or form. Now he has only got about a stone and half to loose and quite honestly he has been loosing steadily since starting, so I cann't realy say to him he shouldn't be having it or you must syn it. It is working for him so while it is we just carry on. I don't know how much you have to loose but why not have a bit extra cereal if it means you will feel happier and are more likely to stick to plan, than feel the way you do now. Maybe as you get into it a bit more you will realise that you don't need as much bread and cereal, it could just be the habit of always having them in the past that is making you feel like this when infact you don't realy need them, you just want them. Talk to your consultant and see if you can find a way
forward before giving up on this plan cos it is realy realy easy and it works. Take care and good luck. xx

Hi Starlight
It is just getting your head round it after doing ww a while it is all different and it seems strange when there is not much weighing of foods and same as when preparing a meal and having jacket potatoes not having to weigh on scales and look at points value

To be honest it really doesnt sound as if SW is for you *HUGS*

You dont seem to be enjoying it at all, or seeing the postitives in it, in all honesty it sounds like WW is really where you want to be.

I agree with Starlight. All your threads seem to indicate you feel hungry, deprived or just not up for it. You shouldn't need to be hungry, there are plenty of sweet options, as well as being able to have your savoury choices like crisps as well.

I know both myself and others have tried to give you some suggestions of things to try and suggested you try red/green days so you can have both cereal and bread, and also offered "free" breakfast suggestions as well..

SW gives you lots of healthy options to fill you up if you embrace them. If WW gives you points for whatever you want (and i don't know as i haven't done it) and you want to eat crisps, cakes and even more bread then maybe that's a better plan for you. Fern makes a great point about home cooking, planning and finding the best way for yourself.

We are all different and what works for one may not for another.

Good luck whether you choose to stay with SW or try another plan :)

I have a couple hours ago had the biggest bowl of fresh fruit and muller light choc sprinkle yog in the world..... Diet what Diet !!!!

Phil x

Hi
I would like to stay with sw as you all have given me some good suggestions
Like you say it is planning
Going to have a go at doing a few red days and extra easy can you mix these in a week
Yes ww you can eat all these things you mentioned but all have a points value and you could soon use them up
LIke one day i was having a bacon butty for lunch and when i totted points up it came to 7 points hardly had enough points left for my tea at night

Hi Phil
Bet that was nice yuuummm does not sound like a diet but with ww all the fruit had to be pointed and also the yoghurt
Must get some of those mullerlight with choc sprinkle on

Starlight
Do you have a free bfast and lunch what syns have you had today you seem to be doing well after lost all the weight with ww

Back