cant stick it need help

drumard64

hi everyone am new to this site its my first time here so hello to you all. i started this diet on monday and its not going well at all i am picking at food all the time and then i just give in and eat all round me; i think ill just give up and try again when im abit more motavatied:wave_cry:

First and foremost: the reason it's not working for you at the mo is because you have been eating! Your body won't get into ketosis until it's not had any food. This is probably why you are finding it hard. You need to try to disassociate yourself from food (which in some circumstances is harder said than done- believe me I know!) :)

Ask yourself this: Do you want to lose weight? If the answer goes like this: No then you have your answer.

If the answer is: Yes (combined with niggly doubts or the I want to but....) Now is not the right time.

If the answer is: YYYEEEEESSSSSS Then stick with it, it does get easier!

You defo have to be thinking straight and have a real need mentally to be able to get on with this diet. You should be thinking I CAN DO THIS not I think I can do this...... if you see what I mean :D

Think about it some more when you are sorted it will be a breeze... promise.

Good luck xxx

Hi Drumard, it happens! The best time to start is when you are sure you want to pay the price in full! For me I had to have a clear picture in my mind of where I'd be (physically, emotionally, mentally, socially) if I did lose the weight, and where I'd be if I didn't. It helped me to make- before starting- a table of what my weight would be week after week, and what clothes size I'd wear.
It is hard not to feel deprived when on a diet. I got to a point in my mind where I was ready to enjoy the feeling of losing weight more than avioding the feeling of deprivation.
You can't pick at food because your body won't be able to go into ketosis that way. Once you actually start, you'll find within a couple of weeks that you've become detached from food -and that is a great position to be in.
Really, it is do-able and I'm confident that you can and will succeed. Chin-up Drumard!

The first couple of days will always be the hardest and believe me, if you start picking you will not be able to get into the swing of it. You need to be strong the first week and it will get easier - infact, you will be shocked at how much weight you will shift in the first week... come on hun... you can do it :)

The first few days are the hardest, also obsessing about food and constantly having mind battles about eating. Alot of this is goes after the first week I found. I lost 3 stone in 10 weeks in September and have kept it off. I had a 5-6 week break due to holiday and xmas but now want to lose 2.5 stone. Try and keep with it and use this site for inspiration. Goodluck.XX

If you keep telling yourself you cant stick to it then your never gonna do it! Like EVERYONE says, the 1st week is sooo hard but BELIEVE us when we say it does get easier because it really does!! You'll wonder why you ever had trouble once your in Ketois! Please give it a go and you will know its the best decision you ever made!! Good luck xxxx

the first couple of days are a nightmare even i remember that!... you just have to remember how badly you want to do this and every time you feel like eating you should think about your goals! maybe you could spend some time preparing yourself for the diet, start cutting out your carbs... increase your water intake etc...

it is a giant leap to go from eating to not eating! none of us could say that it was easy... but all you can do is try!... i did have a couple of false starts and then i felt like i couldnt do it... but once you get started there will be no stopping you. honestly the hardest part is the first week, get that out of the way!... you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!

also, if your finding it extremely hard then perhaps for the first couple of weeks you should make sure you have no food around you then you know you wont be able to cheat even if you wanted. xx good luck

Good advice from everyone. I am on my first day, lets do it together, dont give up and you must stop picking at food. Just try and keep occupied. Have a bath, go for a walk, do some cleaning, anything to keep your mind occupied. I have just finished all my ironing and I was beginning to feel very hungry, but just made myself a hot cuppa tea and its helping.

thanks for the encouragement

thanks so much to all who replied to me. am not to sure of how this site works at the minute so i hope you get this msg, am gonna give this another go and try my best to get this weight of. its starting to get me down alot and affecting my relationship. my own fault as it is me that puts the food into my mouth, any way ill try again thats all i can do

thanks so much to all who replied to me. am not to sure of how this site works at the minute so i hope you get this msg, am gonna give this another go and try my best to get this weight of. its starting to get me down alot and affecting my relationship. my own fault as it is me that puts the food into my mouth, any way ill try again thats all i can do

Good luck Drumard, you can do it. The first couple of days are the worst and once you get into ketosis, you dont feel hungry.
Log on here anytime for help or encouragement, the members have been brilliant. I am new here too.

drumard64 Well done for trying again.

If you split the packs in two the first week and have six mini meals instead of three it can help until you get the hang of it.

Just make sure to make each half up fresh and consume within 15 to 20 minutes as some of the vitamins are water-soluble.

In a few weeks you will grow to actually like the packs and feel good in yourself as the weight drops off.

Love Mini xxx

Back