Can't take another shake!!

Ailish

one day at a time....
Ok really need some advice. I'm just finishing my 3rd week on TFR and i honestly cannot stomach the shakes.

I get to about 3/4 of it and it physically makes me sick. I've tried different flavours but it doesn't matter.

Is this normal, is it just because i'm having the same thing every day!

I've got at least another 7 weeks on this and right now that seems impossible. :sigh:

This is a hard question to answer hon, it's down to individual preference. Have you considered trying the soups and flapjacks? Everyone complains about the flapjacks but actually once you've had a couple you kinda get used to them and personally I love them! hehe The soup is pretty nice too. If that doesnt work then maybe it might be worth switching to exante or similar and try their TFR products, maybe you'd be able to stomach them a little easier?

Have you tried adding tons more water to the shakes? I find this helps me get them down me. Also what about adding coffee to the vanilla or choc shakes? Or I like to make a peppermint tea, chill it then mix it with the choc shake for a nice mint choc shake. I find the colder the shakes the better, how about adding crushed ice or ice cubes to them?
Deb x

I make up a pot of coffee then add the chocolate or vanilla shake to that when it is cooled a bit, then blend, it is a bit like a latte. then have soup in the evening. I got on really well with it before, just having a few issues getting back on track after a short break from it. Take care and hope you get on well with it all. I have never tried the flapjack, so not able to comment on them.

thanks for your comments everyone - i've tried the coffee in the shakes, and that was evil, i've tried the flapjacks and they are worse. Can't stomach the soup at all way to salty.

I'm not usually this fussy! sorry for the moan.

I chill the water for the shakes so it's really cold (this is what made them bearable)

I've been fine for the first 2 weeks, just don't know whats wrong with me this week.

Got my weigh in tomorrow so hopefully that will keep me going.

Just got a pepermint tea so going to try that and see what its like.

Thanks again everyone x

Good advice from Cookeh, the Exante products are really palatable.....much cheaper than LT too

As a mater of interest, is exante a similar sort of diet? is it possible to switch between Lt and exante. it's not the hunger that is going to be the diet breaker for me, it's the lack of variety, not keen on the Vanilla, or choc, so i'm living on Strawberry shake, Chicken soup, and Peanut flapjack, also where is it sold any advise is appreciated
Sam:)

As a mater of interest, is exante a similar sort of diet? is it possible to switch between Lt and exante. it's not the hunger that is going to be the diet breaker for me, it's the lack of variety, not keen on the Vanilla, or choc, so i'm living on Strawberry shake, Chicken soup, and Peanut flapjack, also where is it sold any advise is appreciated
Sam:)

Sam, Exante is also a tfr but it amounts to 600 calories a day rather than 450. Google it or just click on one of the ads that keep popping up on here. I swear that it's helped me get through! You can buy it over the Internet.

Hi Mandy
Yes i tried making the mousse, but made a pigs ear of it, turned out a lumpy mess
how do you make yours?
Sam

Thanks Sandra
I'll have a read about Exante, i think that the extra calories may be worth it,
have a Great week
Sam

Ive been through all the shakes too.. my taste buds have changed since I started Lipotrim.

First I went off the chicken soup.. its just rancid!, then I went off the vanilla followed by the strawberry. All I have now is the chocolate which I love.

Do you have Lloyds chemists on the mainland? They are now doing a range called "optislim". It was originally an Australian Diet but is now available in the UK. They have a website, google optislim UK,

Its cheaper than lipotrim, and has a huge range of shake flavours.

I looked at changing onto it but decided Lipotrim is working for me so better the devil you know.

xox
xox

im with Deb,, all i can handle is the chocolate shakes!! the rest make me want to get sick!...and i can only have them in a blender with ice and kind of thick. Each to their own i suppose. Good luck whatever you decide to do,, but do look at others like exante. I think i will do the same if i start to struggle with the choc ones..but for now,,so far so good! :D x

As you go through TFR your tastebuds will change. True the flavours on LT are limited and not brilliant. Exante should give you the same results and taste a bit better.

Otherwise just think of the shakes as medicine and get it down your neck!! I used to use a lot of ice in mine and that helped me.

Hey irish Molly
Good advise, but how about the spoonful of sugar, to help the medicine go down!!! don't suppose thats allowd :mad:
Sam

Back