Can't think of a catchy title...

Oh yes exercise cals are very important, lol. x

Hi WG - I use MFP occasionally just to check calories on the odd thing or two when I'm in doubt.

I think the nearer you get to target the more MFP penalises you!
It's telling that to lose 1 lb a week I have to go right down to the minimum of 1200 cals a day.
Phew - no way could I do that.

Plus it also adjusts for age. If I say I am 10 years younger I get about 100 cals extra without changing anything else.

Also, just be wary about the calories it says you have consumed for your exercise.
I think they are seriously over-estimated and there's a couple of other folk on here who think the agree with me.
It reckons that 90 minute walking at 3mph = 372 cals consumed.
In a scientific test of someone on a treadmill where it measured the amount of oxygen used and CO2 exhaled to get and accurate calorie used, the 40ish reasonably fit bloke only use 197 cals.

Thanks for that Pom! I must admit I am already bored with it cos I can't see how to add apple and banana to my snacks! Lol
It has been a bit of a wake up call though and thinking about portion sizes again. V pleased with today , eaten well , cycled hard for an hour and feel good :) lets see if I can do it again tomorrow! Hope you are well
Tx

Thanks for that Pom! I must admit I am already bored with it cos I can't see how to add apple and banana to my snacks! Lol
It has been a bit of a wake up call though and thinking about portion sizes again. V pleased with today , eaten well , cycled hard for an hour and feel good :) lets see if I can do it again tomorrow! Hope you are well
Tx
Portion sizes are what seems to get everyone doing calorie counting - especially after being allowed free fruit and veg.
Getting apples in as a snack is easy peasy - but you may need to go into your account Settings (top menu line) and then edit your Diary Settings (left menu bar) to add snacks in as a title in your food diary.

Hm well so far,3 days I am under calories. I have cut back on some snacking which is good and weight 1.5 less already! Hm. I don't think I am putting in all my calories as some meals are v difficult to sort! Anyway I am eating plenty and not hungry and a that's different is me leaving out some crisps and choc so I think I will take it with a pinch of salt. Tomorrow I will be eating more so I guess it will balance out!!?
X

To be honest that 1.5 off was still owed me from my holiday I think!
Nope have already given up counting the cals on the app because it's too boring :) but mojo back and that's what matters. I know a bit more about cutting back too

Just been out for curry :) but didn't have a beer so that's about 200 less than I would normally have had!
Lol
Hope you on?
X

Oh for goodness sake. Got to 10.2.8 and then had mad busy 3 days where I lost some control and now 10.5 again!! Sigh

Must do lots of cycling this week !!!

Yes that's annoying!! Are you managing to cycle with the wet weather ?

Yay - well done chica. Thought it was raining there yesterday?

That's great we'll done WG x

Well fridge is well stocked and school hols pretty much here. More time to cycle and plan better meals. Maybe , just maybe I can lose these 5 lbs over the summer!!!

That's great!! Was it hard to follow?

Hi Shazz. No , surprisingly easy. I am going to carry on! Made possible only cos oh joining me on it so we both have same down days. 500 cal on this days and what you want on the rest :) although yesterday I was piggy wiggy and felt I'll as a result so will sort that!
I think it's easier because we are not always cc. Fast days carefully planned brekkie and dinner and just don't eat in between ! Drink a lot :)

Have a go for a week. !

That's make it easier if your both doing it.
How many days do you do it for?

Back