Can't think what to put as the title

Basically, I've had my first weigh in and lost a stone and don't get me wrong I was over the moon but now I just can't get motivated to stick at it...Feel really down in the dumps..:cry:

Basically, I've had my first weigh in and lost a stone and don't get me wrong I was over the moon but now I just can't get motivated to stick at it...Feel really down in the dumps..:cry:
Hi
Sorry you feel like this. I suppose losing a stone in a week is a bit of a shock but I can more or less guarantee, in fact I would give my back teeth and say you won't repeat it next week even if you do stick to it.
A lot of what you lost in the 1st week is fluid though I suppost losing such a bit amount in one week could lull one into a false sence of security.
Herein lies the problem.
You are now stuck between a rock and a hard place.
If you give up and don't refeed you will gain a lot of it back very quickly.
Try and think back to why you started and how the 1st week was for you and take it from there.
Perhaps sleep on it and think again in the morning.
Best of luck to you. Congratulations on your 1st weigh inI am sure you will give it some serious thought and not act impulsively only to regret it in a few days.
You keep posting on here and we will try and help with any difficulties.

Hi illegalsoul
Sorry to hear that...you should be so happy and jumping up and down. Has something happened to make you feel like that? You have done so well, Well done you...amazing..1 stone...WAW....
Wish I could offer more help, but honestly, keep going, you are doing something right and you are doing so well.
Maybe it is the thought that you cant eat..maybe you used to celebrate an occasion with food? I know I did...happy, sad, indifferent, food was always the FIRST thing I thought about. I deserved a treat, etc, etc....maybe you are having to learn to deal with happiness in a different way..it is a new way of life! So, reality is that you cant eat???? Just a thought and a suggestion.

Do hope you get over how you feel.

Keep focussed, you have done so well in 7 days!

Hi Illegalsoul,
firstly congratulations on a whopping great first weigh in, that impressive, so very well done. I posted recently on getting 2 stone down and somehow not feeling quite myself after it. I believe it had a lot to do with never losing more than the same stone and a half over and over again and then rewarding myself for losing it, which would then set me off on the eating spiral again. It feels like 'look at what I have done, yes I knew I could do it, now let's destroy it, as I really don't deserve to be this thinner healthier person'.
I am not trying to hijack your thread by talking about myself this way but only to use it as an example of how as a serial dieter, I/We can be very self destructive.
I hope you are feeling better tonight and are looking forward to seeing big changes in yourself. Keep coming on here and someone will have the right advice, motivation, inspiration for you to carry on through this journey.
Wishing you all the best of luck.
Doirin

If dropping a stone in a week doesn't motivate you to continue I don't really see what else can ..... ?? Obviously it's something in the 'head' department isn't it?
Maybe something like "Oh God - this works, I have no excuse to give up ... "
I don't know - only you will know when something resonates with what you're feeling.

All I'll say is - if you don't continue, refeed properly or most of that will be back on within a week or two.

Good Luck x

Only motivation i can speak about is to think why your doing this and your end goals

Keep those in mind and it should push you on to do this

Congrats on the stone gone, that's fantastic. What a start on your journey!

I lost a stone in my first week too and was over the moon, never lost so much on the first week of a diet. I had a lot of weight to lose though, so this was just the beginning.

Like Adam said, you must keep your goals in mind and think about why you are doing this. For me, losing that stone was a huge motivation, if I could do that in the first week just think what I could achieve in the coming months. Now 7 stones gone I am over the moon.

Stick with it, it's obviously a diet that you can do and you will lose all you need to on it, as long as you stick at it.

Good luck but going by that first loss, you're not going to need it.

Wow losing a stone is amazing. Just remind yourself that you can do it and just get through the week one day at a time. Sometimes I think the first week is the physical battle and weeks after the mental one. I think it is where you learn to address your eating patterns and out subconscience bad habits. Good luck.

A stone in one week???!!! Fan-dabby-dozy I would say. It may be a hormone thing thats happening with you, causing a sort of mood-swing...keep your pecker up, darlin', things should settle soon, keep thinking about how fantastic you will soon be feeling...and yes, I was cleaning, cleaning, cleaning enough to make Kim & Aggie very proud!!!!!

Hi everyone
Thanks all so much for your replies.
I'm still sticking at it but still feel quite down, it's my TOTM so maybe that's the reason my head is all over the place. I guess like most people I just want it all over and done with now but I know that's not possible.
I always turn to food when I'm feeling low and not being able to is just p*ssing me off but I do know It will be worth it in the long run.
I just have constant arguements with myself about it 'Do ww not LT' but I know this is the best diet for me as it stops me from binging (sp)
Skinnybird I walk alot with my job, go on the wii fit and just do my own little exercises at night.
Thankyou again for all your support
xxxx

Back