Car :(

Hannahkw1

Silver Member
MOT time, car is awful!!

Needs over £600 of work done to it...exhaust, brakes, circuit boards, can't afford it and it will have to be scrapped :(

I am so upset - bought the car 2 years ago, for 2 grand (haven't actually finished paying it off yet...come to think of it havent started paying it off yet!!!)

Boohoo :(:(:(

That's all really, just upset and angry and frustrated! Buying a new house and really need a car tbh but oh well at least i'll have a new house to sit in...:)

Sorry to hear that! Even put it off the road until you can afford to fix it.

Have no idea if this will work but can you contact your local FE college that do mechanics courses and ask if anyone wants to 'practice' on your car?

Thanks Starlight, it wont be off the road...MOT lasts until the 10th and it's going to the scrap yard on saturday me thinks :(

Webuyanycar only valued it at £50.00, which seeing as though I just spent £180 on the stoopid thing seems rubbish...

I work at my local college and they don't do mechanics here, so that idea wont work.

I guess i'll just have to hope that it makes it to the scrap yard and they value it around £100. My dad recently took his there and got £109 for it and that was a fiat punto...I think my peugeot 206 is heavier... but we will see.

Feeling a tad more optimistic about it now, boyfriend pointed out how we can buy a cross trainer and sofas etc now but all I can see at the moment is having to walk for 45 mins up a vertical hill every day!!!!

Thanks Starlight, it wont be off the road...MOT lasts until the 10th and it's going to the scrap yard on saturday me thinks :(

Webuyanycar only valued it at £50.00, which seeing as though I just spent £180 on the stoopid thing seems rubbish...

I work at my local college and they don't do mechanics here, so that idea wont work.

I guess i'll just have to hope that it makes it to the scrap yard and they value it around £100. My dad recently took his there and got £109 for it and that was a fiat punto...I think my peugeot 206 is heavier... but we will see.

Feeling a tad more optimistic about it now, boyfriend pointed out how we can buy a cross trainer and sofas etc now but all I can see at the moment is having to walk for 45 mins up a vertical hill every day!!!!

Sorry to hear about the car......... that really is a bummer :(

However, on a more positive note, if you have to walk 45 minutes up a vertical hill every day you won't need to buy a cross trainer!

Seriously though, I hope you get something sorted out. We are 6 miles from the nearest shop/garage/pub "civilisation" where we live so we absolutely cannot do without a car, which is why we forked out and bought a virtually brand new one when we moved here 18 months ago. Oh, and every hill is vertical here too - we live in Wales!!

Haha!! I don't mind walking up the hill sometimes, just not when its burning sunshine or when its pouring with rain, and in this country it always seems to be one of them!!!

There is a sainsburys about a 20 minute stroll away from my new house (flat stroll too!), so that wont be too bad, but it's just going to be horrible in general. My OH isn't great on walking anywhere, so I can see my life is going to be full of "shall we go to the cinema? Nah don't want to walk" "Shall we go to the beach? Nah don't want to get on a train" Pah...

Will be lovely not to have to pay for insurance and petrol though!! Cancelling my gym membership too (hence the need for the crosstrainer!!) I realised at the gym over the past 2 years I have only used the cross trainer and some weights, so I may as well just buy them and use them at home. I go out running as I hate using a treadmill.

Your OH sounds like my hubby! My car was off the road for 6 months whilst i saved to fix it & i lost count of the number of times he came out with 'it was so much easier when we had the car' made my blood boil because there was no 'we' in the car having. He does not drive & in 14 years has never paid anything towards buying, msintaining, taxing or insuring any of my cars! When i pointed this out, he said 'well i can't afford it!' to which i responded 'Neither can i you to&&er so stop flipping complaining!'

Have had the car back a week now. He has had the good sense to not ask for a lift anywhere as yet (possibly cos he knows i will expect him to put petrol in it).

Having a car is convenient, but thats all it is. You can buy all sorts online now, and there are always trains & buses. In fact, the only reason i even put mine back on the road was because i have had to start travelling in my job. Otherwise it would still be sat in my driveway on a SORN.

I feel your pain!

My car is more than a convenience it's my space, my freedom, my little box I can get into and drive to anywhere I like! Been driving 4years, and it's a revelation!
Told hubby we can never share a car cos I like that it's mine!

Back