Cara-Jane's Diary: Into the Unknown (ooh, scary)

starblues

A little about me:

I am 24 and starting Cambridge Sole Source plan after a lifetime of being overweight. I was 12st at age 14; 15 and a half stone all the way through university; and now 16st 8lbs at first Cambridge Diet session last night. I suffer from binge eating disorder for which therapy hasn't worked, so I'm using Sole Source plan as a way to "break the chain" so to speak by taking food out of the equation. Medically, I seem to be OK but worried about future risk of heart attacks, stroke, blood pressure, etc. I have been told several times by professionals that my condition can't be cured and I can expect to be overweight for the rest of my life. Here's me proving them wrong.

Day 1:

Took day off work because I felt unwell. Really angry at my mother who selfishly chose to cook my favourite dinner (lasagne) on the first day of my diet because "her boyfriend wants it"! I'm pretty sure she's doing this on purpose but the worst of the pain hasn't started yet, so I'm still in a position to remind myself what I am fighting for. It's raining a lot which makes things worse, I also suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which means winter is a nightmare for me but so are rainy days!!! This is not the first time I've done a food replacement VLCD as I was once on LighterLife but stopped because it was so expensive. I have a good idea of what to expect but am dreading tomorrow, I've got to go to an important job interview tomorrow afternoon and the first few days of LighterLife were VERY hard for me physically. I will need some plain aspirin or something just to dull the pain, but it'll be worth it ... :break_diet:

Hey Hun. Stay away from the lasagne lol. You can and will do this and prove them all wrong. Good luck with your interview tomorrow x

Back