Caramelle's Food diary! -mostly green, some Extra Easy! X X

Caramelle

Evenin' ladies and gentlemen!!

I'll start off my diary with a quick intro! I'm 30, married and have a lovely little 3 yeard old daughter. I put on weight firstly after having a very rough time of it after DD was born. Weight remained lovingly with me (of course!). Later I got myself involved in a nasty car accident which left me on sick leave for almost 5 months. Well what do you do when you're sitting at home all day long with nothing to do - or even that you CAN do?? Well, I ATE for England!!!

So here I am today. Determined to get back to healthy range, and generally to feel better about myself.

Also the last couple of weeks, or let's face it: month or two, my weight has gone up and down a little. And I know exactly why this is, it's because I'm good all week but when the weekend comes I really lose the plot! Usually it's a take-away on Sat and Sunday lunch with family on Sunday. Not being too bad, but bad enough for it to stagnate my weight loss apparently. So long story short I'm going to try to get my act together by starting this food diary, and see if writing stuff down will help me see where I'm going wrong.

So very best of luck to anyone who might happen to be dropping by! X X X

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

Right, so day one of my food diary. Gawd, I wish I could have started on a better day!
But here it goes, three cheers for flexi-syning!

Green day

Brekkie
Banana (got up late, lunch coming around soon!)

Brunch
2x Eggs
Toasted Co-op pitta for soldiers! HexB

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Some kind of veggie pie (probably extremely synful)
Roast potatoes, roast parsnips, broccoli, yorkshire pud, gravy
Thin slice of birthday cake for afters.
= Counting cooking oil as HexB + rest of this as my 15+ syns.

It's really difficult to point all of this correctly, but my strategy for getting around this (and the Indian take-away from last night :( ) is eating very little rest of both weekend days I' going to see if I can try to do two or three success express days beginning of the coming week. Fingers crossed it'll work!

Last edited:
Hi Caramelle!

Ooo, i like the idea of doing toasted pitta soldiers!

I'm sure if you do a couple of sucess express days, you will be able to bring things back on track. I'm not sure its good to try and limit your food intake too much, as your metabolism may slow a bit, but lots of superfree and superspeed should help things along. I think trying to get superfree in with every meal is the key!

I know what you mean about weekends, thats usually my downfall. And nights out - esp. if i drink, its not just the hugely calorific alcohol but also my inability to resist any kind of junk food after a couple of wines, lol.

Anyway, good luck with it! I definitely find posting a diary helps me! :)

Went out bridal gown shopping with my two friends today. Isn't it amazing how 'the right dress' suddenly transforms the person into a glowing princess? awww :)

Anyway. I said above that I wanted to do today and tomorrow as a Success Express day to recover from the weekend, but as we ended up lunching in not the most brilliant of cafes in the world, this didn't go quite according to plan. Anyway, here it goes:

Extra Easy Day

Brekkie
2x weetabix (HexB) with skimmed milk (HexA) + a pear.

Lunch
De-battered cod, rice, peas + side salad.
1/4 of daughters toasted tea cake with jam. heehee! 4 syns

Dinner
Spag bol made up of quorn mince (limited amount), courgette, carrot, onion, pepper, tomato, garlic. + spaghetti

HexA: skimmed milk for weetabix + drinks throughout the day.
HexB: weetabix
Syns: toasted tea cake with jam 4 syns

Hi Caramelle!

Ooo, i like the idea of doing toasted pitta soldiers!

I'm sure if you do a couple of sucess express days, you will be able to bring things back on track. I'm not sure its good to try and limit your food intake too much, as your metabolism may slow a bit, but lots of superfree and superspeed should help things along. I think trying to get superfree in with every meal is the key!

I know what you mean about weekends, thats usually my downfall. And nights out - esp. if i drink, its not just the hugely calorific alcohol but also my inability to resist any kind of junk food after a couple of wines, lol.

Anyway, good luck with it! I definitely find posting a diary helps me! :)

Hi emmster!
Sorry I didn't see your reply when I came in! Thanks for replying anyway :)

I'm usually all right during the week days, but it's the weekends that always get me. I suppose that happens to a lot of us! Unfortunately I'm relatively easy to be convinced into things too, when a little bit of pressure is applied. I sometimes suspect that my friends (I feel awful for saying this) are almost a bit jealous of me eating healthily and losing weight, when they aren't. It's as if when we're out together it makes them feel a bit put out when I order healthy things and they don't (want to). Almost like I'm being a traitor!! Not a great way to be made to feel when you're just trying to get yourself sorted out, haha! X

Anyway, thanks again - and you're right. Writing a food diary does help you get focused I think!! Best of luck.

Success Express day - Extra Easy

Brekkie
2x weetabix (HexB) with skimmed milk (HexA) and strawberries.

Snack
Pear

Lunch
Left over spag bol from yesterdays tea. Looovely, lovely!

Dinner
Jacket potato with baked beans, lovely piece of baked haddock, tender stem broccoli. Pudding - muller light yoghurt.

Snack
Grapes

HexA: skimmed milk
HexB: 2x weetabix
Syns: Not having today to make up some of weekend blow out!

Last edited:
Weigh in day today, lost 1 1/2 pounds! Yay!
Very pleased with this, long may it continue lol!

GREEN DAY

Brekkie
2x Weetabix (HexB), skimmed milk (HexA), strawberries

Snack
Pear

Lunch
Batchelor's Golden Rice with pepper, red onion, sweetcorn.

Snack
2x Alpen Lights (HexB)

Dinner
Quorn peppered steak, SW chips, sweetcorn
BBQ sauce (5 syns)

Wednesday treat
Cadburys light chocolate mousse (3 syns)
12x mikados (6 syns)

=
HexB: 2x weetabix, 2x alpen lights
Syns: 5 syns for 5tbsp BBQ sauce, 3 syns for choc mouse, 6 syns for 12 mikados

PS: I'm trying to only have chocolate two days a week now; Wednesday after WI and either Friday or Saturday evening for treats)

Last edited:
GREEN DAY

Brekkie
Chocolate weetabix (1 HexB + 2syns) with skimmed milk (1HexA) and raspberries (SS)

Snack
Melon (SS)

Lunch
Went to pub and had pasta with spicy tomato sauce. Skipped the cheese and swapped the garlic bread for a side salad. I'm assuming 1tbsp of oil went into it, so there's my second HexB!

Snack
Options 2 syns

Dinner
Gnocchi with tomato, onion and mushroom sauce. 5 syns. Melon for afters (SS)

HexB: Choc weetabix, 1 tbsp oil
Syns: 2 for choc weetabix, 5 for gnocchi, 2 for yummy options.

Last edited:
GREEN DAY

Brekkie
Choc weetabix (HexB + 2syns), skimmed milk (HexA) with loads of blue berries.

Lunch
Batchelor's savoury rice with fried onions, courgette, pepper & mushrooms.

Snack
Auntie & uncle brought over a big creamy bun... there goes the syns!

Dinner
Leftover lunch

Friday treats
10 mikados (5 syns) & 25ml vodka (think 3 syns, will check tomorrow)

HexB: choc weetabix - only had one B choice today.
Syns: 10 + creamy bun.. not sure how many that was, but laying low on syns tomorrow to be on safe side.

Going to keep the syns between 5 and 10 tomorrow to pay back for this afternoon's cake. Or maybe not have any at all, give me a few extra syns on Sunday Trick or Treating!!! ;-)

Last edited:
Yesterday

Yesterday's diary - Saturday!

Ripped down all the wallpaper in the hall/stairs.. omg certainly getting the exercise in at the mo! What a pig of a job. The pig thing about decorating is that it's not just a case of getting the wallpaper down and then some new wallpaper up again.. it's all the preparation, isn't it? The man who lived here before us was a DIY disaster on legs, so there is sooo much fixing to do before we can really get down to it. So lots of poly filler is going to be called for I think. Can't wait to see it finished anyway!))

GREEN DAY

Brekkie
Luxury fruit salad & shreddies (1HexB) and skimmed milk (1HexA)! Strabwerry, halved grapes, kiwi, blueberies, raspberries.

Lunch
Batchelor's pasta'n'sauce
Pudding: Lemon yumyum (I think 21 syns!!!)

Dinner
Vegetable stew: swede, potato, carrots, celeriac root
Co-op Pitta (1HexB)

Pudding
Coconut options (2syns)

HexB: shreddies, co-op pitta bread
Syns:23 = Lemon yumyum (21) and coconut options (2)

Why oh why do I say yes. The cakes today and yesterday were bought one for me, one for hubby and a gingerbread man for our daughter. But why do I eat it?? I really don't get myself :-(

Last edited:
Sundays Diary

What rotten luck. My poor little girl. We had to put off her 3d birthday party the other week as she caught chicken pox the day before, and then just as we're about to get ready for trick and treating on Halloween - she starts being sick! On the best sweetie day of the whole year no less! oh well. She had a little pumpkin party at nursery, so at least she got something bless her.

GREEN DAY

Brekkie
Luxury brekkie again! 2x weetabix (1HexB) with skimmed milk (1HexA) and chopped strawberries, kiwi, grapes, blueberries, raspberries.

Lunch
Left over vegetable stew. potato, carrot, celeriac root, leek, sweede.

Dinner
Jacket potato with baked beans
Pudding: sugar free jelly.

HexB: 2x weetabix
Syns: 0 (flexi synned Sat & Fri treats).

Last edited:
Monday Diary

Fortunately my little baby is better today. And I've been working loads on my job applications all morning and afternoon. I'm in the process of being made redundant, which isn't exactly great, but trying to stay positive. So got a few more applications out today + I've got a job interview tomorrow to fingers crossed!!!

GREEN DAY

Brekkie
2x weetabix (HexB) with skimmed milk (HexA) and chopped strawberries and kiwi.

Lunch
Batchelors savoury rice

Snack
Lovely HiFi mince pie bar (HexB). Can see myself buying loads more of these :) :)

Dinner
Tesco healthy living sweet & sour sauce (3 1/2 syns)
Quorn steak strips, rice, soy sauce.

HexB: 2x weetabix, Hifi bar
Syns: 3 1/2 - Tesco healthy living sweet & sour sauce
Still trying to claw back some of the syns I went over with during the weekend. Fingers crossed for weigh in Wednesday!

Last edited:
Well, went to the job interview. It's so difficult to say though! They were very careful in not letting anything show, although they did say that a lot of what I had to offer was just the kind of thing they were looking for. Privately I don't really think I'll get the job as I get the feeling they are looking for someone not quite as senior as me. The agency did actually hint about them being interested in meeting some graduates as it would be a lot cheaper to hire them than someone with more experience! So I really don't know. I suppose it's down to if they think my experience is worth paying the extra for, or whether they will still want to go for someone who would take a lesser salary. Well, we shall see.

Anyway! Diary for today.

GREEN DAY

Brekkie
2x weetabix (1HexB) with skimmed milk (1HexA) and strawberries.

Snack
2 Satsumas

Lunch
Ainsley Harriot couscous with fried onions, courgette and mushrooms.

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Adapted waitrose recipe as seen on this link. Swapped mozzarella for co-op healthy living mozzarella (2HexA) and skipped the chorizo (although hubby had some in his and synned it).

Pudding
sugar free jelly 1/2 syn and cadburry light choc mouse 3 syns. HiFi bar - the yummy mince pie one!

HexA: skimmed milk, mozzarella cheese
HexB: weetabix, Hifi bar
Syns: 3 1/2 so far. sugar free jelly and cadburry choc pudding.

I know I decided to only have chocolate twice a week, but finding it extremely hard. So experimenting with little sort of choc treats. Pathetic, I know!!!!

Monday 10th of May!

GREEN DAY

Brekkie
2x weetabix (1HexB) with low fat Greek yog and raspberries.

Snack
Satsuma

Lunch
Batchelor's Pasta'n'Sauce cheese and broccoli sauce

Snack: Pear

Dinner
Quorn Chilli with brown rice

HexA: skimmed milk + Greek yog
HexB: weetabix
Syns: Not sure how many syns I ate! Used a little bit of tom puree in the chilli + however many for the Greek yoghurt. I really need to get connected with the classes or something again so that I can look up syn values again!

Yesterday I think I got it all slightly wrong! I tried to go extra easy, but you can only have 1HexB on EE days, and I had two! Oooops!

EE DAY

Brekkie
2x weetabix (1HexB) with low fat Greek yog and strawberries.

Lunch
2x nimble wholemeal bread slices, baked beans, eggs, cheese portion and HP sauce! yummmmm

Snack
2 x Satsuma

Dinner
Baked haddock with bread crumbs, SW chips, mushy peas and pickled onion.
melon slices for pudding.

HexA: low fat cheese + Greek yog
HexB: weetabix + 2 slices nimble bread
Syns: Not sure, but think I have to syn the bread - and I had a curly wurly choc too! Oh dear!!

Back