Cara's New JUDDDD Diary

halfangelhalftart

I gave Juddding a go last year (March/April 2011 - I have an old diary in here somewhere). I had some success but just couldn't stick to it. I couldn't handle having a shake when I'd had to cook then watch everyone else eat a lush Sunday dinner. Also, the sweeteners in the shakes were putting me off. I swapped to cup o soups but I felt like not eating with the kids was setting a bad example. Eventually, everyday became an Up Day. I guess it just wasn't my time.

I returned to work on Sept 11 after a year off and thought I'd give dieting another go. I tried the gym diet, the protein water diet and Eat Stop Eat. Again, the protein water involved sweetners so I gave that up quickly. The gym/high protein/low carb was just too expensive and not family friendly. Eat stop eat, another IF diet was ok but my willpower is crap. This is 24 hr fasting with no limit in you meal at end of fast. I'd come home and cheat before 24 hrs was up and shovel down jam and bread.

Anyhoo, after the Horizon programme, the hubby seemed interested in the health benefits of fasting. So this time round I have an ally. I've downloaded the BBC Healthy Food app which has lots of recipes under 500 cals that my kids would also eat. Hubby is going to do 5:2 like the guy in the programme. I'm going to try ADF for two weeks - altho I'm probably setting myself up to fail there - and then M, W, F as down days. Maybe if I'd done that last time around I'd have stuck to it but I was determined to stick to ADF - my ultimate undoing.

I was going to wait til end of school hols when back at work but I was on an on call day yesterday so thought, what the hell. Had first DD yesterday. Had couple cups of black coffee at work. As evening meal for tea had already been planned I had a tiny portion of that for tea. It was just a slow cooker sausage thing: sausages, potatoes, tin of baked beans, carton of pasatta, handful of mushrooms. I had one sausage and a cup full of the rest of the mixture. No idea of calories.

I was up loads last night for a wee. I was sooo tired this morning.

Breakfast was half a banana inbetween 2 fruit Ryvitas and a cup of black coffee.

So let's see how we go.

Starting weight yesterday morning was 13st. (eek)
Need to get a tape measure for those nwv's. (was that the right acronym??)

Let's rock.

I only started JUDDDing just over a week ago moving from a Total Food Replacement Diet, I had done it for 4 weeks but was weakening, so instead of giving up altogether and putting back on the stone I had lost I decided to give JUDDD a go.... best thing I have done really, lost 2lb my first week despite eating more and have already lost 2lb this week and my WI isn't until Monday.... so feeling a bit smug really!!

Hope everything goes well for you, if you feel like cheating on your down day just remember that you can eat whatever you want the day after....

First Up Day about to end. Wasn't going to track food on up days - we'd be here all day. Ha

After brekkie had a 25g portion of cheese savoury biscuit things and handful of mixed raisins

Boys had half jacket potato each for dinner - I ate the skins.

Think I had 4 turkish delight biscuits

Tea was a piri piri pork thing from Waitrose which due to the marinade was pretty calorific with half pack of Uncle Ben's mushroom rice

No pud in except toffee ice cream and didn't fancy it. Which is odd as I adore any ice cream!!

Might take a cherry horlicks to bed while jot down shopping list for tomorrow.... Feeling a bit peckish so should take the edge off....

Taking boys for a metro ride and on the ferry to keep me busy tomorrow.

Over!

Cara
* ( ) *

Oh it is lush. It's choc cherry. No milk. 118 cals per serving. I don't do artificial sweetners so can't have Options or diet sodas, sugar free jellies etc. when I did SW I had loads of Muller Lights. But, alas, no more. Makes dieting a bit boring ?

DD today. Lounging in bed as long as poss. Cuddling up with DS2 watching Nick Jnr. Waiting for DS1 to get up then will start the day. Having a carton of soup that we already have as my tea. Think it's 250 per portion so sharing thst with hubby. So got 250 to bulk it out. Soup n sarnie? Any 250 cal sarnies out there??

Kept nice and busy today and away from temptation. Well, apart from Tynemouth market. Lots of cakes and sweet n burgers. I had an espresso. Yay me. And then later the boys had an ice cream in South Shields and resisted a lick. Normally I help out when youngest can't eat his quick enough and starts to melt ?

So food free all day but got a bit flaky about 6 so had my soup - only 162 cals - not 250. Had it with an onion Ryvita - 43 cals.

Followed by 100g of a tin of rice pudding - 93 cals with 100g of a tin of fruit cocktail - 48 cals.

Got enough for a cherry horlicks (188 cals) later.

Feeling a bit spacey and wired but that could be the black coffee I had at at 4.30. Don't normally have coffee after 4.

Looking forward to bedtime tho. Food tomorrow. Altho I need to go shopping as got nowt in.

If I remember rightly from last time, my 3rd DD was tough so better stock up my belly tomorrow ?

Half hour till baba bedtime then I can chill with a bath and then hot choc then probs an early night - hope that late coffee doesn't keep me awake!!

Someone remind me to take my measurements tomorrow. Ta ?

Cara

Morning,
Take your measurements!

Glad to see you coming back to the fold lol. I'm
Back after a break of about 3wks, put about 5lbs on so fingers crossed for a good loss for both of us this week!

16 lost : 51 to goal

Taa. I'm going to do them Mon morn after today's up day as I figure my waist measurement will be artificially low after a down day. Once in the swing of things I won't make bother with that distinction.

Anyhoo, today's up stay has started with a MdDonald's sausage n egg mcmuffin. A whopping 430 cals!! Probably won't eat again til tea time now tho. (famous last words) Think tea will be some sort of pasta dish instead of traditional sunday dinner. My kids won't eat a roast meat - it's doing my head in. All they eat on a sunday dinner is the yorkshire puds.

Looking forward to trying some of the recipes from the BBC app

Famous last words indeed! There was also a blueberry muffin from Maccy Dees that no one wanted so I had half of that.

That was all til about 3.30 tho when had a portion of cheese savoury biscuit things.

For tea I did chicken breasts with roasted mediterranen veg , ie, pots, courgettes, tomatoes, onion, pepper. Twas v nice. I followed a recipe that included olives and pesto and was 568 cals as didn't include those two it be a teeny bit less. Did have a slice of sourdough with it so that's probably loads extra. But today we're not counting. ;oD

Followed by Cherry Garcia frozen yoghurt. A man sized portion.

And I really want the rest of the tub. Badly. I figure me and the hubby should finish it off tonight to remove the temptation for tomorrow hehe.

No plans for tomorrow so could be a tough DD. Docs first thing for thyroid bloods review them nada. See what weather has instore....

Feeling hungry. I blame that on the nurse for taking all my blood (thyroid and vit D review). Not sure that's medically accurate, but hey ho. :eek:D

DD today and no plans to go anywhere. Probs cut the grass which will be a slight distraction.
I'm having this for my main meal today: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5588/healthy-egg-and-chips.
218 cals per serving. So got some to play with. Might have an Ainsley Harriot cup o soup if the munchies get bad this afternoon.

Kids are having a Ben 10 marathon ( mmm. Marathon. Snickers. * drool*) so I won't be very busy... No, I'm not going to spring clean. I'm on holiday!

halfangelhalftart said:
Feeling hungry. I blame that on the nurse for taking all my blood (thyroid and vit D review). Not sure that's medically accurate, but hey ho. :eek:D

DD today and no plans to go anywhere. Probs cut the grass which will be a slight distraction.
I'm having this for my main meal today: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5588/healthy-egg-and-chips.
218 cals per serving. So got some to play with. Might have an Ainsley Harriot cup o soup if the munchies get bad this afternoon.

Kids are having a Ben 10 marathon ( mmm. Marathon. Snickers. * drool*) so I won't be very busy... No, I'm not going to spring clean. I'm on holiday!

Ha ha!! The marathon reference made me laugh - thanks :)

hey Cara lovely to read you, hope you're coping ok on your 3rd DD. xx

halfangelhalftart said:

I got blood taken today too, bound to be a lb gone (I wish) lol

16 lost : 51 to goal

Almost sleep time and have survived my third DD. The healthy egg and chips I made from the BBC healthy food site was very filling. Had with 100g of baked beans. Was about 7.30 by time finished tea so didn't have a pud. So well under 500 cals today. Fluids made up of water and black coffees as usual.

Feeling a bit peckish now - hope rumbly tummy doesn't keep me awake!

YAY!! well done to you for managing your DD so weel. I have felt amazing today and I am soo relieved it was my 2nd DD and I was dreading it a bot after being really hungry on my previous DD. Here's to a fabby tomorrow cannot wait *grin*

Despite being an UD had a crappy day. My Ds2 is being a sod and I'm at my wits end with how to deal with him

Had much longed for toast for breakfast and it made me feel sick.

Picked for much of the day on the kids' leftovers: ie, last few crisps, a slurp of milkshake, the last grape, the last few cheese savory biscuits, the skin from the jacket potato.

Hubby made a v lush pasta sauce for tea. That was followed by some cherry garcia. Later on I had a Bounty. For no reason other than it was there! Comfort eating. Been in a right fettle all day. Grrr

Dreading DD today as still feeling fragile. Struggling with DS2. My parenting tool box is all out of ideas. Maybe he needs a different mammy.

Anyhoo, black coffee and water til teatime. Making a chicken pie from the bbc app. 320 cals per serving. Wil prob have some rice pud after. Comfort food under 500 cals. Yay.

Back