Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Hellloooooo!!! Welcome back - you've done amazing. At work now but will check out your blog later! Good to have you back! X

Surprise...it's me again! So the Cambridge backpacker was a bust! We left our shakers draining on the side in the Philippines and then left without them. Was literally 5 days in and we were being soooo good! We didn't manage to find anything remotely shaker like but had to carry around 3 boxes for the rest of our trip (which was only another 2 months but anyway).

After that we went home for a couple of months and didn't do too bad. Yeah we caught up on the foods we missed but we also picked up some shakes which we had while just eating sensibly as "snacks" and somehow managed to get back into running. By the time we left the UK for Singapore (oh yeah....I live hear now) Nic and I were comfortably (for us anyway) running 5k again. Yay! And it was so much fun!

So while travelling we had put on a stone and a half, but after eating out every day for 10 months I was happy it wasn't more, and the running was having a good impact on the inches. Then Singapore happened....back on the 8lbs we had lost through running for various reasons (more on that later).

So here I am again....but started in a different diary...though reading back on this one I miss having it so might update in parallel....

https://www.minimins.com/threads/new-country-new-diet-attempt.354158/

Hi there again. I admire you trying to do this whilst travelling. I want to go travelling but not for at least a couple of years, after my hubby retires. (We will be grey nomads as the Aussies call them). I'm already planning on the fact that I'll probably put on weight during the trip (so I want to lose as much as possible now) and I'll go back to Cambridge after to get it back off. I was also interested that you didn't think you could drink your shakes without a shaker...I don't own a shaker I just mix them up with a spoon, I add about a quarter of the water and mix to a paste and stir vigourously then gradually add rest of water. It's not perfect but it's good enough for me.

haha yeah I guess that the shaker is key for me, I have tried a few different types...the one with the metal ball inside, one with a mesh but large gaps....spoon...I'm just fussy like that...I can never seem to get it smooth enough for my liking unless it's small mesh. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough :p

As a substitute we stayed in nicer places (as we were getting fed up of hostels and guesthouses) and started using the hotel gym - so when I say nicer I mean much much nicer than a guesthouse. It wasn't long before we were back to being able to run for 20 minutes which wasn't too shabby considering we hadn't run like that in 6+ months.

Where are you thinking of travelling?

Back