Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

Ah, you sound better! Glad you've got your mojo back.

I do wonder if the extra exercise does slow the weight loss down. This week I've done my regular T25 each morning but also been to a body combat class and a body pump class. Been 100% on the diet but the scales haven't budged. But... My clothes feel looser and I bought a size 14 jacket this week. It's a bit snug but does fasten. So think I have lost inches but not weight. Wonder if you might be the same with all your running.

Being in the right place to start a diet is an odd one, isn't it. Until you can get your head in the right place nothing else will happen - no matter how badly you want it. I think we both deserve a pat on the back for sticking with it for so long and not letting any 'incidents' throw us off our path. Previously I would have had one slip up then thrown in the towel for that day, or weekend. Now if I have a treat it's kinda controlled and I am back on track straight afterwards.

Don't suppose you saw the Jodie Marsh programme on TV the other night did you? She was training for a body building competition in LA. The whole food science stuff was really interesting. Her trainer had her on zero carb but then had a 'cheat day' once a week where she had to stuff her face with loads of carbs. This was to reset her metabolism. She would then immediately switch to zero carb again. They said her metabolism would have adjusted to her diet so the cheat day would reset it. Interesting. I have to admit I was salivating at the pile of garlic bread she was devouring!! I wonder if the occasional blow out would do us good, as long it was done on one day and then straight back on track. Hard to have to keep getting back into ketosis though.

A couple of years ago I followed a carb cycling diet that was based on a similar principle. You alternated days with carbs on every other day, then Sunday was treat day. It worked for a while but then treat day started creeping forward to a Saturday night takeaway, then a Friday chippy tea, a Saturday takeaway and a Sunday cheat day... you can see where that was heading!

Sorry, waffled on a bit too much there!

x

So it was a food filled weekend with a few gym visits thrown in there. We had a couple of take aways but we also had some "good" meals so it was very mixed. Had my weigh in and I lost 1/2lb last week which is basically nothing so as usual grumpyness followed as I had been so good and running and things so was hoping for 1-2lb. NEVER GOING TO GET TO 11 stone 5lb (healthy BMI)!!!! With only 6 weeks and 3 days to go until we are off I don't think I will get there in time...

I didn't catch the Jodie Marsh program. What channel was it on? I know EXACTLY what you mean about creeping!! :p

Food filled here too Fay! Friday night meal out, Saturday friends came for dinner... ate and drank far too much, Sunday it was my niece's 7th birthday and we had a family party with all the evil buffet food and I over indulged. Then yesterday had a big cooked breakfast - healthy version though with Quorn sausages and poached eggs! But then we had a curry takeaway last night and I had rice AND chips. Oh dear. So no getting on the scales for me until Saturday by which time I hope to have rectified the damage.

The Jodie Marsh thing was on channel TLC (not sure if it's a general channel - we've got Sky). Well worth watching on catch up if you get chance.

6lbs in 6 weeks... you can do that Fay! I do think the exercise is slowing weight loss down. Last week I was completely focussed, worked out every morning, went to Body Combat at the gym, and Body Pump, and lost 1lb. Other weeks I haven't done as much exercise and eaten more and lost 2lbs. Trouble is I don't trust myself to eat more as I get carried away. I start off with a chicken salad, then it becomes a chicken and feta salad, then a chicken salad with feta and dolmades, then chicken, feta, dolmades and olives... and a bit of mayo...

I find it easier to stick with just my Exante diet meals with no deviation so no room for having to exercise portion control or moderation.

Tell you what though, after the indulgences of the weekend my stomach is feeling lousy. Was a relief to be back on the shakes this morning.

How's your day going? x

Food filled here too Fay! Friday night meal out, Saturday friends came for dinner... ate and drank far too much, Sunday it was my niece's 7th birthday and we had a family party with all the evil buffet food and I over indulged. Then yesterday had a big cooked breakfast - healthy version though with Quorn sausages and poached eggs! But then we had a curry takeaway last night and I had rice AND chips. Oh dear. So no getting on the scales for me until Saturday by which time I hope to have rectified the damage.

The Jodie Marsh thing was on channel TLC (not sure if it's a general channel - we've got Sky). Well worth watching on catch up if you get chance.

6lbs in 6 weeks... you can do that Fay! I do think the exercise is slowing weight loss down. Last week I was completely focussed, worked out every morning, went to Body Combat at the gym, and Body Pump, and lost 1lb. Other weeks I haven't done as much exercise and eaten more and lost 2lbs. Trouble is I don't trust myself to eat more as I get carried away. I start off with a chicken salad, then it becomes a chicken and feta salad, then a chicken salad with feta and dolmades, then chicken, feta, dolmades and olives... and a bit of mayo...

I find it easier to stick with just my Exante diet meals with no deviation so no room for having to exercise portion control or moderation.

Tell you what though, after the indulgences of the weekend my stomach is feeling lousy. Was a relief to be back on the shakes this morning.

How's your day going? x
Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend at least! I was fully intending to be good yesterday but then the bowl of crisps was put in front of me at a picnic and it went downhill from there.

Just got back from Couch25K Week 5 Run 3 (repeated to see if I could do it outside). Tempted to go again after work! About to have my shake :)

My tummy is feeling bigger than usual today after the weekend. What are you up to today?

Sparkley: are the exante meals a suitable substitution?

It's nice to actually hear that people enjoyed their easter weekends! I was on the facebook group earlier and everyone who said they'd had the weekend off and over indulged was basically being bludgened for doing so lol! I am having my weekend off this weekend for my sister's wedding and I cannot wait - reckon overindulgence is going to occur for sure and you know what I dont care as I know i'll be relieved to be back on it on Tuesday just like you guys! How was everyones weekend?

Fay you will be able to do those 6lbs in 6 weeks! You've done amazing so far too!! x

Sparkley: are the exante meals a suitable substitution?

Hi Danders, I'm trespassing on the CD board - I'm doing the Exante diet! No idea if you can substitute CD meals for Exante - I think they are all pretty much the same. Exante is cheaper but you don't see a consultant, you just but online. It's working for me!

I went for two runs yesterday and feeling like I over did it a little today so will make sure I take my rest day today. I managed a full 20 minutes outside over lunch and then my intervals after work, even though they were slower than usual. Think the app lies to me as it says I burnt 1200 calories from running yesterday (roughly 1:30 of running/walking total).

Had the chili stir fry from meals in minutes book last night and there was A LOT of it. I keep forgetting that on step 3 you have 400 calories that can actually make quite big meals. Tonight is beef (in a bag powder sauce mix) with mash or sweet potato mash and creamed spinach (spinach wilted with onion, garlic and a scoop of ligh phili)...

Couch25K Week 6 Run 2 tomorrow....want my recovery to speed up so that I can go out tomorrow and Friday. Contemplating going for a 10K run/walk on Friday evening as Nic is busy. But on the other hand I was considering going to the gym to do some rowing as need to do something to work out my arms a little as well I guess.

Our passports are on their way back from the Chinese embassy!!!! EEEKK!! We don't yet know if we were granted a visa or the duration if we were sucessfull (we asked for 45 days but they don't like giving out ones for over 30 days). This time tomorrow we will either be really really happy or really really fed up. Worst case scenario we reapply for 30 days not 45. China is a BIG country and 30 days is really pushing it seeing as though we need to spend at least 2 of those precious days getting our Vietnam visa and one because our train arrives in China at 11pm....so lose a day for all of an hour!

We got a 60 day visa!!!!! YAY!!! Now we have that whole extra time we are considering a trip to Tibet for a week or so...that's my task for the day...look into options and requirements.

Running over lunch time which I am looking forward to. I was dissappointed when I thought that I wouldn't be able to go (due to having to work part day at home and travel to the office during lunch) but that's back on now so all good! My legs have stopped aching from Tuesdays 2 runs but the ache felt strangely good if that mades any sense. It wasn't painful but made me feel like I really gave my all.

That's all the positive things covered: negative = put on 5lbs since Friday! That seems like A LOT! I didn't think all of my choices were overly terrible, yes there were a couple of take aways, some crisps and some chocolate BUT there was also salads and good grains and lots of protien thrown in there as well. Hoping I am bloated or something instead but no issues in the bathroom department.

I don't even want to know what my weight is lol, I haven't overindulged but I am bloated and I just have a bad feeling lol, hoping it's just me being stupid. 5lbs must seem like a lot when you think how hard it is to get rid of.

Great news about the visa Fay! I had treats Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday so hadn't been on the scales. Been total solution - just 3 shakes a day (600 cals total) for last 3 days but weighed today and still 6lb up on last weigh in! So god only knows how much I put on. Normally if I have a few treats at a weekend it's gone by Wednesday, but I think the 4 days of treats has had a bigger impact. Bizarrely don't feel any heavier and clothes not any tighter. But having got into a new stone last week and then back up again it is depressing. Had hoped to never see 16 on the scales again.

So empathise with your 5lb gain, feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back at the moment.

X

And add on another 2lb! That's 7lbs!!! It does feel really depressing :-( I am due on so hoping a lot is water retention...

Yesterdays run was really tough! To be fair I ran Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Tuesday (x2) and yesterday. Think I need a break day today even though my plan was to go during lunch time. Instead the wife and I are going to the gym tomorrow and Sunday to do strength type things and rowing...work a different muscle group. I had hoped that my motabolism will have gotten a boost from the 6 weeks worth of exercise and my losses getting better not virtually stopping. I can't decide whether to go down to step 2 again as not sure about doing the amount of exercise I am on so few calories, or go up to step 4 as maybe the amount of exercise I am doing means my body is holding on to the food where it can...

Well this morning we made in impromptu visit to a farm shop on the way to work and ended up having a full English breakfast - 2 sausage, 2 bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato and toast. Have to say it was delicious but won't help my 5lb gain. X

Well this morning we made in impromptu visit to a farm shop on the way to work and ended up having a full English breakfast - 2 sausage, 2 bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato and toast. Have to say it was delicious but won't help my 5lb gain. X

Sounds yummy (except the egg). I just got back from Zizzi's where I was good and had one of thier roast chicken salads - but offset that good choice with about half a pizzas worth of cheesy garlic bread. My boss paid for it all though :)

I think if someone else pays they also absorb the calories? Or is that just an urban myth!! Just travelling back on train to Derbyshire from London after meeting up with an old friend. Had lunch at Real Greek Covent Garden - LOVE Greek food. I'm now full of chicken souvlaki, tsatziki and dolmades. Deelish. Hope you're having a good weekend x

My weekend was ok thanks. We went to the gym on Saturday then had rubbish oven food like chicken nuggets :p Yesterday we had a big meal out with Nic's family as it's was her mums birthday and we didn't behave then either. How was yours?

Feel a niggling sensation in my knee that I think has been caused by running. Still going to go today but think I might need to have some more rest days. I have to run for 25 minutes today which is a bit scary...!!!

Think we are going to go down to step 2 again as think a few GOOD weigh in's will really help....having food choices doesn't seem to be agreeing with us :)

Because we got an extra 15 days in China we are booking a 7 day trip to Tibet!!!! EXCITING! It's a good chunk of our budget but it's a once in a lifetime trip and we already reached our savings goal and have 2 more pay days to come (and don't have any rent or bills to pay between now and leaving) - we can pay that amount off before we go away. We have decided that 5 days of the week our budget will be $50 each a day and for 2 days it will be $25 a day each (excluding the week or two to get through Europe to Russia).

You will have an amazing time, what a fantastic opportunity. Am very envious!! I will be thinking of you while sat at my desk and will miss our messages!

Mmm... go steady on that knee. We had a slobby day in front if the TV yesterday and watched 3 James Cracknell extreme challenge documentaries back to back. 700km cycle across a frozen lake in Canada, 6 marathons back to back across Moroccan dessert, and LA to New York run and cycle. Put my T25 efforts and whinging into perspective! The man is a machine!

Ate far too much over the weekend and 5lb heavier today. Just had a banana shake so far today. Got 2 weeks with no meals out planned so want to try and have a good stretch of being on TS (total solution - same as sole source).

Missing body combat tomorrow as our dog, Lola, is having an operation to remove a tumour from her paw so will be collecting her from the vets after work and trying to stop her banging into everything with her lampshade collar thing on!

X

You will have an amazing time, what a fantastic opportunity. Am very envious!! I will be thinking of you while sat at my desk and will miss our messages!

Mmm... go steady on that knee. We had a slobby day in front if the TV yesterday and watched 3 James Cracknell extreme challenge documentaries back to back. 700km cycle across a frozen lake in Canada, 6 marathons back to back across Moroccan dessert, and LA to New York run and cycle. Put my T25 efforts and whinging into perspective! The man is a machine!

Ate far too much over the weekend and 5lb heavier today. Just had a banana shake so far today. Got 2 weeks with no meals out planned so want to try and have a good stretch of being on TS (total solution - same as sole source).

Missing body combat tomorrow as our dog, Lola, is having an operation to remove a tumour from her paw so will be collecting her from the vets after work and trying to stop her banging into everything with her lampshade collar thing on!

X

Awwww....what breed is she? I would LOVE a dog but not got the room at the moment and I want a BIG dog.

Just got back from my run...Couch25K Week 6 Run 3 - 25 minutes! I can imagine my run looked lame compared to anything James Cracknell does but we all have to start someplace!

Had my 2nd product of the day...back to day 1 AGAIN! We have a meal comming up on Saturday but hopefully the rest we can get through 100%.

Back