Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

So leave a bit of the liquid in the blender and slowly add the chickpeas?

I had tandoori chicken yesterday so no curry for me.. The thing is I also have to have some sort of carb too..
So potato or rice or pasta..
So I really don't know what to make lol..

I was gonna do the tuna and chickpea patty again but ehhhh I don't know.

Any ideas? Carbs, chickpeas and tuna preferably.. Chicken all the time is so expensive haha..

So leave a bit of the liquid in the blender and slowly add the chickpeas?

I had tandoori chicken yesterday so no curry for me.. The thing is I also have to have some sort of carb too..
So potato or rice or pasta..
So I really don't know what to make lol..

I was gonna do the tuna and chickpea patty again but ehhhh I don't know.

Any ideas? Carbs, chickpeas and tuna preferably.. Chicken all the time is so expensive haha..

The other way around....put all of your chickpeas in the blender and add about 4 table spoons of the liquid from the tin. Keep adding liquid bit by bit until you get the desired consistency.

Other than more chickpea and bulger salad types of thing like you made the other day I'm not sure. Chicken is VERY expensive. I watched an interesting TV show the other night about the cost of our food and how unexpected things impact it. Like corn is used to make bio oil as a new source of fuel so the price of cron has rocketed...so the price of anaimal feed has rocketed....meaning not just our corn based foods prices go up but our meat as well...

I bought a size 12 coat yesterday in the debenhams sale: Rocha.John Rocha Designer navy double breasted coat- at Debenhams.com The 14 was already roomy around the waist but fit perfestly across the bust....the 12 fit perfectly around the waist but on the tight side around the bust.....I went with the 12 for the fit around the waist!

Hi Fay, that's fantastic, such a great feeling. Yesterday I got into a pair of size 16 jeans that I've had for a while as an incentive. Felt great. Have kept hold of a pair of my size 26 jeans as a reminder of where I NEVER want to be again! x

Hi Fay, that's fantastic, such a great feeling. Yesterday I got into a pair of size 16 jeans that I've had for a while as an incentive. Felt great. Have kept hold of a pair of my size 26 jeans as a reminder of where I NEVER want to be again! x

I need to put up the two pictures the wife and I took at the weekend in our old clothes. It looks like Nic is holding up trousers in front of her not wearing them...

You totals are amazing!!! Keep it up!!

The other way around....put all of your chickpeas in the blender and add about 4 table spoons of the liquid from the tin. Keep adding liquid bit by bit until you get the desired consistency.

Other than more chickpea and bulger salad types of thing like you made the other day I'm not sure. Chicken is VERY expensive. I watched an interesting TV show the other night about the cost of our food and how unexpected things impact it. Like corn is used to make bio oil as a new source of fuel so the price of cron has rocketed...so the price of anaimal feed has rocketed....meaning not just our corn based foods prices go up but our meat as well...

Oh wow thats crazy! Ugh.. Prices are getting extotionate.. Junks cheaper and healthy foods are increasing! Meh..

My patties didn't really work out I don't think i'll attempt them again LOL!

xoxo

While the coat is a 12...it must be a roomy 12 because my size 14 work trousers still don't fit :-( I can wear some size 14 trousers/shorts but I don't mark myself as truely a 14 until I can wear Debenhams size 14 work trousers!!

Nic and I have made a deal: after our anniversary weekend (the 5th) we will be 100% on step 2 or 3 until the first bank holiday in May, we aren't even allowed to float the idea out there as that just sews the seeds of inevitable breaking the diet! The punishment is servere if one of us gives in or even suggests breaking it: we will not be allowed to do any scuba diving at all during our years travel!!!!!! And it will all be the responsibility of the one who suggests it!!!

Your bottom half isn't as small as the top half yet haha..

Awwww.

I bought some size 12 stuff from ASOS and a dress was even too big! Strange feeling haha!

Happy days.

When your on 3 you won't feel as restricted so I doubt you'll cheat!

xoxo

I saw the photo on the other thread...very pretty! Looks great! Also....CHOCOLATE PASTA! MAX BRENNER!!! JEALOUS!!

Awww thanks babe I love it!

I gotta try this chocolate pasta! Whats the pasta made of?

xoxo

It is really clever....it's ribbons of chocolate creps as the pasta, chocolate ice cream (but we swapped that for peanut butter ice cream) and the richest chocolate sauce you have ever tried!!

I need to put up the two pictures the wife and I took at the weekend in our old clothes. It looks like Nic is holding up trousers in front of her not wearing them... You totals are amazing!!! Keep it up!!

Ooh do post the pics, would love to see the pair of you Skinny Minnie's! My losses are really slow now but still have 3 stones to go so a long way off goal. I think the exercise is slowing the losses down but I am losing inches. Started T25 four weeks ago and have lost 8cm off my thighs already - in just 4 weeks. Yet scales not budging. Can tell in my clothes tho, felt great to go into Asda (dead posh, me!) and pick up a pair of size 16 trousers and they fit!! And such a thrill to go in clothes shops and know that everything would fit, instead of finding something that fits then trying to work out how you can make it look good by accessorising to the max! Dead jealous of your year away, would imagine that you will lose more weight while away because you'll be so active. I remember first reading your diary while I was on holiday in Greece last September, 6 months ago. We all deserve a pat on the back for our achievements. X

Good job on getting the size 12 :D I have the same problem... They don't think smaller sizes have a decent bust lol looks like I've got 4 lol

Attachments

• image-91430717.jpg
    image-91430717.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 58
Ooh do post the pics, would love to see the pair of you Skinny Minnie's! My losses are really slow now but still have 3 stones to go so a long way off goal. I think the exercise is slowing the losses down but I am losing inches. Started T25 four weeks ago and have lost 8cm off my thighs already - in just 4 weeks. Yet scales not budging. Can tell in my clothes tho, felt great to go into Asda (dead posh, me!) and pick up a pair of size 16 trousers and they fit!! And such a thrill to go in clothes shops and know that everything would fit, instead of finding something that fits then trying to work out how you can make it look good by accessorising to the max! Dead jealous of your year away, would imagine that you will lose more weight while away because you'll be so active. I remember first reading your diary while I was on holiday in Greece last September, 6 months ago. We all deserve a pat on the back for our achievements. X

I saw T25 advertised while I was in NY and it looked really interesting! How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Hoping that while I am away we will go to food market type places for skewers of meat kind of things rather than sit down meals as well which should help. I am DETERMINED to come back either the same or lighter than before I went.

We will get there....just have to keep remembering that on the tough days!!!

I saw T25 advertised while I was in NY and it looked really interesting! How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Hoping that while I am away we will go to food market type places for skewers of meat kind of things rather than sit down meals as well which should help. I am DETERMINED to come back either the same or lighter than before I went. We will get there....just have to keep remembering that on the tough days!!!

Paid about £90 on amazon for T25, it is really good - can highly recommend it. Both me and my OH have had good results and quickly. I think you will be so active while you are away that you will lose more weight... certainly not put any on. How many weeks until you go? T35 is 10 weeks, I finish it 6 weeks before we go away end of June. Can't believe we're nearly at the end of week 4 already. x

Paid about £90 on amazon for T25, it is really good - can highly recommend it. Both me and my OH have had good results and quickly. I think you will be so active while you are away that you will lose more weight... certainly not put any on. How many weeks until you go? T35 is 10 weeks, I finish it 6 weeks before we go away end of June. Can't believe we're nearly at the end of week 4 already. x

10 weeks exactly! Not as expensive as something like insanity but not sure I have the funds for that :-( I am now on week 3 of the couch to 5k plan though....! But something with a bit faster results would be good to try.

I'm torn about getting a running watch. The thing about having a weekly weigh in is that you can see the results on the scales and kind of want something like that for my running. The aim is to get good enough to go for runs when travelling...

Do you use the resistance band from day 1?

Last edited:
Back