Carbs from Vegetables

Diddums

Hello,

I know on induction I am supposed to be eating 10-15g of net carbs from the allowed induction vegetables, but i am a little confused.

The Atkins carb counter says that that 1/2 cup of lettuce has 0.2g net carbs, 1/2 cup spinach has 0.1g and 1/2 cup of cucumber has 1.5g.

Does this mean that when i have my chicken salad made up of 1 cup of lettuce, 1/2 cup spinach and 1/2cup cucumber i am only eating 2g net carbs?

Just worried that i am not getting enough carbs as some days i am only eating around 10g, is this a problem? or should i up my vegetable quantities?

Typical Menu:

For breakfast i usually have an egg and slice of bacon (total 0.6g carb).

For dinner i have steak and side salad (3g carbs)

So in total i am eating around 6g net carbs a day. Sometime i have an atkins bar (2g) or sugar free jelly (0.3g). Sometime i will have a mim for breakfast which adds another 2g.

So yes my question is am i missing something, for example, the carb count is wrong? or am i not eating enough carbs?

Thanks for any help :confused:

Are you only eating two meals? Try having some veggies with lunch, too.

I kept it simple really, I ate 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day

The lower your carbs the more weight you will lose so I would't worry about it as long as you're getting some veg/salad.

Another thing to do if you're worried about not having enough is get some luxeries? Low carb pittas are 4g each (Joseph's from low carb megastore). Have a look around and see if you can find some low carb things which will make the diet easier. I have a pitta a day grilled so it becomes like toast and then I have it with bacon or eggs or as a pizza!

Back