Carbs in exante

Pingu6

Gold Member
Is there more in exante products than cd? Just wondering because I had better losses on cd overall but want to continue with exante.

Thx x

I think they're almost identical but carbs would affect ketosis more than anything the important thing is the calorie deficit

Am I being daft? Carbs affect ketosis, if you're in ketosis then you are burning fat. Surely if you are burning fat then you are losing weight? So coming out of ketosis is going to affect your weight loss???

I think I may have it completely wrong

Sorry I'm confused again, but don't people on Atkins consume higher cals but low carb which keeps them in ketosis for big losses?

I actually thought it was a mix of the low cal and low carb... when you're in ketosis, ketones are produced and this makes your body use the fat we have as fuel, so in effect your body has switched from a carbohydrate burning engine to a fat burning engine.

You would obviously loose weight by eating low cal no matter what you ate, but the carbs definitely paly a huge part in it, if ou started eating carbs you'd come out of ketosis and your body would switch again, and stop using the fat you have as the source but the carbs.

The reduced hunger is just a bonus from ketosis.

Ok but is there a big diff between exante and cd? I've worked our 14g shakes cd, 18g in exante shakes. Is that a big enough difference to cause slow losses?

Pingu6 said:
Sorry I'm confused again, but don't people on Atkins consume higher cals but low carb which keeps them in ketosis for big losses?

Their losses aren't the same as VLCD losses though

There was someone did exante a while back who was very carb sensitive and was never in ketosis her losses were identical to the rest of us who were

It is ketosis that creates the big losses,you can get into ketosis from either a low carb diet or a low calorie diet, a vlcd does the latter.

Both diets reduces the amount of carbohydrates in your diet, carbohydrates are used for energy and for storing- when stored, they turn into sugars (glucose) which then become fats. When the body starts to consume less carbohydrates, ketosis starts to occur and the body begins to use the fat stored in the body for most of its energy needs.

This is the same principle as to why both Atkins and Exante can be used for great weight loss.

Pingu6 said:
Ok but is there a big diff between exante and cd? I've worked our 14g shakes cd, 18g in exante shakes. Is that a big enough difference to cause slow losses?

No I wouldn't think so. If you look overall the losses on all the VLCDs are identical. If it did affect weight loss we'd probably all be suffering.

Over what period of time are you comparing your losses and how much is in it

Their losses aren't the same as VLCD losses though

Induction stage, of Atkins is most ketogenic part of the diet. A similar diet to Atkins, Go lower-dieters lose a stone a month,which is similar to a vlcd.

The main reason behind this, is that dieters have set menus of what they have to eat and how much per a day similar to Exante.

I think maybe people who seek to lose weight get too involved in which diet gets the best results...If you are losing weight and feel happy about what you are eating does it really matter if it takes you 2 weeks longer to reach your goal....find the one that works for you....I am unable to burn off a lot of calories so always knew that it would have to be a drastic diet for me...also I was not prepared to live on green leaves or cardboard tasting slices for 2 years ...what a life that would be....I do sometimes have to add a bit of protein but whatever it makes it palatable for me and am able to see myself keeping to the drastic routine for as long as necessary...It is working really well and I think its....stick to the 3 a day if at all possible and try really really hard not to have to deviate....but if you do ,,whatever it may take you another week or so but you will be happier on the journey ....and whats most important you will keep going....

It is ketosis that creates the big losses,you can get into ketosis from either a low carb diet or a low calorie diet, a vlcd does the latter.

That's my understanding too. You'll lose with or without being in ketosis but if you chose to eat 600 calories of carbs on a vlcd then you'd burn the carbs off first before moving on to fat whereas if you're in ketosis you only have fat to burn off.

Back