Carla B's Diary and other stuff!

carlabsoon to be p

Right well first off, Hello!! :wavey: A bit about me, my names Carla and i am 28 and in 4 weeks time i will be heading off to Las Vegas to get married! (hence the name carla b soon to be p) :)

I started Slimming world on the 27/03/2008, that seems ages ago now, and back then it was just red and green days. My starting weight on that Thursday night was 14st 5lb (201lbs). My first week i lost 3lbs. My club 10 target was 12st 13lb (181lbs) and i reached that on 25/06/2009, so over a year later. As you can probably already see i wasn't losing every week and went about it the long way!! I then changed to Extra Easy andthats when i started to lose my weight a bit more consistently!

The lowest i had ever been was 11st 13lbs (167lbs) and i reached that on 09/12/2010 it took me until last thursday 11/08/2011 to beat that!
Which currently i weigh in at 11st 10.5lbs (164.5lbs) That is until tonights weigh in!!!

Now don't get me wrong it has been hard im not gonna lie to you and say it wasn't, Ive had ALOT of highs and lows within that 3 year span of Slimming world!! But even through all that i can honestly say hand on heart i NEVER missed a group, unless it was pre booked as holiday, even if i knew i'd put on or not been the best i still went and stayed to group.

Now in preparation for the wedding i have not been drinking alcohol for 4 weeks now (which has been a struggle some weeks) :) I have increased my exercise and have been 100%, which is something that looking back i have never really done properly before. Ive done all this to see if it actually makes a difference to the amount i lose each week. Before i would go to weigh in on a thursday come home have "treats" i.e choclate,cake,biscuit etc etc and then probably go out on a saturday night have wine, food, cocktails etc and then be constantly trying to pull it back for a thursday weigh in. Thats how the past 3 years have gone by really!

Well all that has changed now, for the time being anyway!! :D
So i suppose i best get on with my diary instead of rambling on!! But feel free to ask any questions or make comments or whatever, im not easily offended and can always take any sort of comment in good humour so be brutally honest and ask any probing questions ifyou so wish!! :)

Thursday 18/08/2011 Weigh in day!!
Extra Easy

Breakfast: Blackberries,Raspberries,Cherries,Strawberries,Redcurrants and Blackcurrants with a shape 0% delights strawberry yougurt over it and 10g of crunchy bran (2.5) 2 x teas, 2 x dash milk (1).
(not sure if the yogurt is synned now i know they changed it)

Lunch: 2 x 400g w/meal bread (HexB) Rocket, cucumber, 42g Reduced fat chedder (HexA) Teaspoon of light salad cream (1) Packet of french fries (4.5)

Dinner: Haddock, SW Chips, peas, Tablespoon tartare sauce (2.5)
(dinner will be eaten once im back from fat club) :).

Syns: 11.5
Drinks: NAS Squash throughout day, i drink it hot and cold.
Exercise: Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD will be done when im home from work before fat club.

Think thats it?? Any questions or comments then go for it! :)

Last edited:
It looks good, I hope you don't mind me following u, we are similar weights and i have been stuck recently. thinking of going onto some red days to see if that makes a difference but not sure!
Good Luck!n x

Yeah !!! So glad you took the plunge and started a diary:)

And what an incentive you have to get that last bit of weight off a Vegas wedding how exciting.

You certainly seem focused even giving up the booze well done !!

One thing I will say looking at yr dinner you don't seem to have yr 1/3 superfree as peas don't count. I know our c is always banging on bout that and she says to maximise yr loss always at each meal ensure you have yr 1/3. Just might help you shift it quicker.

Looking forward to following you as you head towards yr big day !!

Good luck for wi tonight.

Lisa x

Yeah !!! So glad you took the plunge and started a diary:)

And what an incentive you have to get that last bit of weight off a Vegas wedding how exciting.

You certainly seem focused even giving up the booze well done !!

One thing I will say looking at yr dinner you don't seem to have yr 1/3 superfree as peas don't count. I know our c is always banging on bout that and she says to maximise yr loss always at each meal ensure you have yr 1/3. Just might help you shift it quicker.

Looking forward to following you as you head towards yr big day !!

Good luck for wi tonight.

Lisa x

I would like to get more off but that will be my next stepping stone! Yeah i do struggle sometimes to get my superfree in! i'll have to see whats knocking about at home failing that may get some mushy peas or baked beans?

Well came home after fat club with a 1lb loss had my dinner n just had some total 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries n a meringue so 3.5 added to my total of 11.5 which takes me up to the full 15! Not bad for weigh in day! :)

Wish it would come off quicker especially as I've not been drinking and doing it 100% oh well onward and downward! :)

Friday 19/08/2011
Extra Easy:

Breakfast: Strawberries, 2 x Yellow plums chopped up with 0% Greek yogurt over the top with Bear granola nibbles, cocoa cherry pie flavour, (HexB). Apricot, 2 x Tea.

Lunch: Cous Cous with tomato, courgette, red onion, peppers. Cous Cous was made up with a veg stock cube. 2 x Yellow plums.

Dinner: Yet to be decided due to the fact we have nothing in the house!! This could be dangerous?!!

Syns: None as yet!
Drinks: NAS Squash, hot and cold, 2 x Tea.
Exercise: Jilly's 30 day shred.

It will depend on what we have later for dinner as to what my HexA will be wether or not i use my milk or if we have pasta or something i use cheese?

Dinner tonight consists of pasta,bacon,toms and passata with my HexA 42g R.F cheddar on top and whacked in the oven! Pasta bake type thing! So that means 1 syn so far for my 2 dash of milk for my teas earlier!

Well today started off good and had 2 x 400g w/meal toast with 2 poached eggs n a cuppa tea then went out for lunch n had a steak ciabatta that had mushrooms n stilton on it! It was too cheesy so I did scrape off some cheese but then wanted something sweet so had 2 meringues!! And I'm out to a tapas restaurant tnite but not drinking! So my meringues are 7 syns don't know if I could use Stilton as me HexA? N then just count ciabatta? May just use today as a flexi day n get back on track tomorrow!!

Can't stop thinking about cake though!! :)

Hiya, I'm going to Vegas in 4 weeks too :) congrats on getting married x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep it is amazing !!! So excited!!!!

Lol u will love it there is so much to so we are going for ten nights I've already started to pack pmsl!!

We are only there for 5 nights so no doubt will cram in as much as possible! Think that will be the theme of the holiday!! :) lol! We've not started packing yet!! Do you think we should?? Lol! :)

Well yet again started off ok n made it to lunch time no problem! Breakfast was 2x400g w/meal toast n marmite then lunch was prawns! So all good then had BBQ tnite which was salad, 1xsausage, 1xgreen Thai chicken skewer n some beef so not too bad then had 3 pieces French stick butter some crisps n some dip!! Then I fancied something sweet so had 2 meringues and a shape apple crumble yog!! No idea what my syns will be!! Bit annoyed with myself but still feel like I needed a bit of a relax as ive been 100% no booze n exercise everyday for past 3 weeks n only lost a pound a week, now I know that's still losing but it just feels like it should be more! Plus I know it could've been so much worse so I've kinda been good but kinda not!! :)

Back