ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Thanks very much :) how are u doing? Which plan? X

Hi Carly

Yeh I'm doing not too badly although my weight loss has really been quite slow the last few weeks!! I guess it's because I'm nearing target but it's bloomin hard work to stay motivated!! I'm doing the ww discovery purely because I know it like the back of my hand having reached targets years ago then slowly letting a couple of stones creep back on :sigh: I know discover works so I figure why change it?!

How are you finding things? x

Sounds like a good plan... but maybe if you are struggling a change could help? dunno... I moved from SW as was getting nowhere - I am finding WW really quite easy - because I can have any meal I fancy and it is teaching me about portion control :) am still scared that it will slow/ stop but am gonna go with the flow :) x

I know a change probably would give my body a wee shake up but the truth is I just don't have the motivation. I kind of feel my heart lies with WW and it's always been successful for me! I am getting there just slowly :sigh: hay ho I'll stick with it!!

I think you are right about WW being pretty easy, it is indeed! I love how you can more or less eat what you want so long as you compensate for it. I feel SW is too restricted and like you I'm a little concerned about the whole portion control thing with SW. x

Would u not try PP for a shake up maybe? Sure u can do this whatever way u choose :)

Hi mommyb!!!! How are u ?x

I did say if I got really bored with discover I'd give pro points a go..we'll see! I've just this week made the decision to hide my scales. Was on them constantly, like 3 or 4 times a day. It kept me really motivated when they were going down but when they were a bit slower it really sent me off track!! I'm hoping that changing this behaviour will help me over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed x

Yea that is one of my hazards - i have put them in my parents ensuite unforunately I still sneak in there lol - but less often haha

Mommyb - glad to see u :) do u have a target in mind or are u going with the flow? I have a random set of qu's I have posted on other forums:

1. What is your fave meal of all time?
2. One thing you couldn't give up?
3. Five things you would take to a desert island?
4. Fave Film?
5. Fave Song?
xx

Yea that is one of my hazards - i have put them in my parents ensuite unforunately I still sneak in there lol - but less often haha

Mommyb - glad to see u :) do u have a target in mind or are u going with the flow? I have a random set of qu's I have posted on other forums:

4. Fave Film?
5. Fave Song?
xx

Ooh now all of these questions are v.hard and would probably change depending on what mood I'm in so these are my chilled out Friday night answers..

1) My favourite meal at the moment is newly found chinese singapore style noodles, or it might be my 3 fav things from cafe andeluz tapas: goats cheese in marmalade, chorizo & black pudding in red wine and potatas bravas with cheese - yum!!!

2) I would say I couldn't give up my make up..I know it sounds so vain but I really do not like not wearing make up. In fact yesterday I forgot to put my mascara on (I know huge faux pas) and a little boy in my class said I must have had a really late night because I looked REALLY tired....gee thanks!!!

3) iphone
tweezers
a great book
tea bags
and of course....my bloody scales!!

4) Easy - Dirty Dancing ( I even know every single word!)

5) Forever changing! One of my many favourites is Raindrops of Jupiter

Do tell your answers!!!

Good answers! I love tapas... and lol at that little boy

My answers (at this present moment) are:

1. usually pizza lol or curry!
2. iphone lol
3. iphone (phone, music, books and apps in one :)), photos of all my friends and family, my ww books lol, sunscreen I guess if we are being sensible and dvds (with player lol)
4. Tough one - love chick flicks but also like action.... at the moment I think 27 dresses
5. Love Chris De Burgh Lady in Red but I think fave of all time is Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls :) xxx

OOh I love Iris too, 2 sets of my friends had that as their second songs at their weddings (such a coincidence as they don't know each other!) Also good answers!! x

can't believe I forgot choc!! Swap iphone for choc on two and scrap the suncream for choc on 3 haha xx

I have many depending on my mood but if pushed it would be some sort of indian meal-prbably lamb tikka biryani

Red wine-merlot is my favourite

Wine, my mobile, laptop, hair straighteners, nail polish

4. Fave Film?

Shawshank redemption, any pirates of the caribean or wither of the Bill and ted films.

5. Fave Song?

Currently 'Through Glass' by stone sour.

Targetwise I am going with the flow - I think overall I am aiming for 11.5 to 12 stone ish !!

Good answers and nice goal mrs :) hope ur feeling positive today xx

I am :D, we have booked a weekend away next weekend, last minute deal very cheap but just what I need right now. Not going to tell the girls til we are on the road-cant wait ( may even go mad and have an ice cream:flirt2: !!)

That's amazing... ;) have fun x

Realised I haven't updated this thread...

Should be on roll of solicitors (fully qualified) by 1st June! Results for my police station exams 11th June and start assessment process for mags court on 8th June - can't wait till end of year/ Jan when I will have all qualifications... I would love to move to Manchester then but would feel awful as work paid for everything.... Plus time off for interview could be interesting - reckon I will give it 18months and save pennies for a deposit ( and get to goal) - new job, new home, new me?! :D

Yummy lunch today - Italian BMT, cheese and sauce on wheat 6" - 15pp and within my dailies - don't mind if I do!! I just had a sub on a diet?!?!? Hell yeah!

45 mins walk total this morning (with suitcase) and gonna walk home later - another 45 (with suitcase) then a nice refreshing swim!! Before tv in bed - day off tomorrow so think another walk and swim combo :)

Watch out world I'm back!!!!!! Xxx

aww Carly, good luck with all your exams/results. How exciting to be on the brink of your new life! :D 2 yrs left until im fully qualified but your excitement draws up all the anticipation for me! hope it goes really well for you. xxx

Hi Carly u are defo in the zone at the moment..walking and swimming!! Well done!! How exciting being so very close to fully qualified, all that hard work now seems so worth it x

Back