ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Carly sorry I can't reach you but here comes the biggest hug ever get ready steady yourself HUG HUG HUG hope it wasn't too tight. You are amazing look at all the positives on here aimed at you I feel so honoured to be allowed into your day on here. As for work you have to be happy life is too short and we spend far too much time at work. Xxxxxxx

Hi Carly,
Your posts are always full of encouragement, positivity and sheer help for other people. I want to say that reading them has given me the encouragement when I need it...when I have been having my 'blips'. So Thank you... And keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Carly love ,hope you are feeling better .going to do your quiz.

Name : Breda
Occupation : Trained as a Chemical Analyst, left work to look after my autistic daughter so now am Home Carer/stay at home Mummy
Favourite food :I eat everything !!!!!!!!!
Pets: 1 dog, 3 cats and 1 tortoise .
Reasons for looseing weight:

(1) For my health!!(I have to be around for a long time to take care of my girl:D)
(2) To have a better choice of clothes.
(3) To not feel like the fat wife at my husbands christmas do !!!!!!!!!
(4) To have more confidence overall
(5) To be able to have more fun with my kids

5 reasons for dieting: 1) to shop in topshop 2) to feel happy when looking in mirror 3) to feel healthy 4) to never be called names in the street again 5) for me!

This is pretty much my reasons!! I kid myself on half the time when i buy stuff from evans that its kinda topshop (same company) but who am i joking?!

called names in the street! its terrible isnt it! you spend all that time getting ready to go out, agonizing over your hair and makeup only to walk out the door and made to feel like a fat, worthless person who just wants to curl up and disappear. Thats the bad thing about being fat, its nigh on impossible to be inconspicuous. Ach, **** them! Our body's are only a shell that harbours our soul. At least we can alter our shell, they're stuck with that bitter soul that uses malice to hide their own insecurities.

SO here we go,

lets get this shell altered and make looking in the mirror a pleasure. :) xxxx

Thanks for answering Sue, Andi, Breda and Jem!!

Thanks Jo, missybct anradharc and Jo43!!! :D

Welcome back Jem :D xx

I had a nice weekend away... ate and drank too much.... and was a little bit sick... ooops... but ready for the week ahead... wi tues and then a whole new week :D Hope everyone is well xx

Hi hun! It was too much drink - oops! had a crazy day! Got home from work at 8 then called straight bk out - nice 66 mile round trip twice today :s finally home at 11.30!

Shattered!! Eaten crap! Maybe avoid WI... Not decided lol xx

I think it may be a curse of halloween or somin as i was sick from too much drink too! Ha ha ha , bummer about work though do u get paid extra for that ? Xx

Hollie - I sort of get some pay but not really enough to justify it if you get what I mean lol

Put on 1 ... ok with that - totally deserved!! NEW WEEK NOW :D ... using most of weeklies tomorrow for nandos and pick n mix at cinema :D then a few spares for lunch out sat :D should be a good week! Gonna lose some serious weight lol... got a trial Thursday and Tuesday so gonna be a stressful week... aiming for gym thurs and sunday and will try n shred.... Probs wont get time to catch up today or tomorrow but will catch up thurs/fri :D Lots of love xx

Hi Carly

Hope your week went o.k and wasnt too stressful . Doing anything nice for the weekend ??? . Tonight is take away night in this house so will have my chop suey . Hubby going to doctor this evening so probably wont be doing too much over weekend .:( complaining of pains in his chest and back ?????. bit worried.

Hello All!

missybct - nandos was lush! lol

Breda - I hope your hubby is ok darling! and I hope you enjoyed takeaway night!!

Jo - thanks :D

Well it has been a crazy busy week and honestly I am trying to sleep more.. I usually spend an hour each night catching up with you guys but this often means I only get 6 hours sleep and unfortunately something has to give - I am getting drowsy when driving which is scary and not good! So I will try to come online every day but realistically may not be on that often... hope you will all still stick around!

Here is a bit of a summary of this week:

1. Work - after last week's "you are taking over the department" chat I had a proper chat early on in the week - felt a little better after it but still confused... and then towards the end of the week things got really cacky - basically my boss takes my cases off me and prevents me opening files/ earning bonus and earning out of hours payments as much as he can - felt like walking out... I had been confused about whether I was wrong for thinking about teaching - but after talking to a good friend today I realised my doubts weren't related to the actual job... I was worried about the risk of not having a job at the end of teaching... and worried about still living at home aged 30... but I as I said before TEACHING IS ME - so I will do it!!

2. Love life - got really upset early on in the week - me and my ex are trying to stay friends - and I am not sure who is following the drama lol... but long story short - I broke it off.. he eventually got someone new .. I got jealous and was seriously annoyed that he didn't man up and tell me!... and I told him I still don't want him back... he sulked.. he went back to Afghanistan as my friend - early this week I found out he is yet again seeing someone without telling me.... I don't want him back - but I do expect my friends not to keep things from me... anyways there were tears.. but I am calm again now.... I will be seeing him tomorrow (been planned for weeks) - and the sad thing is I am kinda past caring - would like to be friends but know it wont be good friends...
Also there is a lad I have been kinda flirting with since last weekend... but I don't find him physically attractive - the attention has been nice but think I need to forget about fellas at the moment... have been feeling lonely and would love someone to cuddle... especially this time of year - fireworks night today - always wanted someone to stand behind me, arms round my waist etc.... and then Christmas... the Valentines.....BUT I don't love me and until I do I don't think anyone else will....

3. Friends - I have decided to stop being a walkover - friends have to earn my continued friendship - I will be strong and not be treated like crap - I deserve better - a few people lately have said I am too nice and too keen to see the good in people... well enough is enough... :D

4. Bridesmaid dresses - the plan is too start trying on in March/April - which still leaves 4 months before the wedding - I just hope that if I lose 2 or 3 dress sizes in between that they can be resized? This is the kick up the butt I need - no more messing around!

Enough waffle! Not been great this week but have been better than last week and have been to gym once and am going in the morning... hoping for a pound or two off :D Hugs to all xxxx

What a nightmare with work Carly - I hope it settles down, I know you work in the law environment (so do I) and I know what a back breaker it can be!

As for men, I think any period of time away from getting into a relationship can be good - gives you time to look after yourself. I'm not going to turn out a bunch of clichés but waiting can be a good thing too :)

I hope you have had a good weekend, come back when you can xxx

Thanks ladies :) much love! How are your weekends going? X

Big big big hugs Carly, it sounds like you've really got it in your head what to do, but it's frustrating that it's gonna be a slowish process. You are so determined tho and we know you'll do it and be fantastic.

The sun is shining today and we can't decide whether to go off to Newquay for the day and blow loads of money in surf shops and probably eat loads of rubbish:) or wether to stay at home, sort out the garden which really needed doing, get hassled by the kids, and be stessed:(

xxx

Go to Newquay :) it's the weekend! Enjoy the sun xx

Back