Carries calorie counting confessions!

carrieclaus

Gold Member
New diet, new diary!

Went from 16st plus to 8st 3lbs and have been every weight in between at least 100 more times. Since December 2009 I have regained and lost the same 3st gosh knows how many times.... My diets of choice have always been, lighter life, Exante or Atkins. All diets with limited carbs to induce ketosis to suppress appetite. Quick weight loss but even quicker weight gain.... These diets have taught me nothing except I can get it off quickly if I have to. The result? I'm now in a binge/ starve cycle with a horrifically slow metabolism and huge problems with my digestive system.

I have recently had a failed attempt at Atkins an enough is enough! I'm fed up with excluding certain food groups, I still know nothing about portion control and always feel hungry..... Never starving but never full. Always room for more naughties.

We have recently relocated from Edinburgh to Cumbria. Just got married on the 31st march this year and have two boys, aged 13 and 6. I cannot and will not put my body through this anymore...

I started calorie counting on thurs and so far its going well.... I'm tracking every moresal on mfp. There is no crisps or sweets in the house. I normally weigh in everyday but am weighing in weekly... It's hard but I need to break all cycles that have done me no favours in the past.

Thursday's weight was 12st 3lbs
Ideal weight 9st 3lbs
Start feeling comfortable around 10st 7lbs and that's normally when I binge then starve. Hopefully by tracking calories fat sugar and carbs I will learn what's good and can get my digestive system and metabolism working as it should. My first goal is to lose 1st... If it takes 6 weeks brilliant! One things for sure I'm determined. Fed up of squeezing myself into my clothes then putting baggy tops on to hide the muffin top...

BREAKFAST

2 slices kingsmill bread toasted with 60g tesco soft cheese

LUNCH

4 ww crackers
30g soft cheese
62g chicken breast
195g ww chicken noodle soup

SNACK

1 orange

DINNER

Ww ready meal ( not decided which one yet )
1cup broccoli and cauliflower

DRINKS

3 green coffees
2lts water

Will post some before diet and at target weight soon xx

A wise choice Carrie :) good luck babe x

Thanks dani! How you getting on? Xx
Not good exante isnt working and i know i have to give up lol... i lose then gain. Im running out of time now.:sigh:

image-779671455.jpg

Dunno what weight here... Poss around 14st+

image-3678985187.jpg

13st 5lbs

image-2149486069.jpg

9st 11lbs

image-2249966771.jpg

11st 6lbs

Danii said:
Not good exante isnt working and i know i have to give up lol... i lose then gain. Im running out of time now.:sigh:

Oh dani... It's a big decision deciding to give up something that you know works if done right and quickly too. It's taken me since dec2009 to admit defeat. The sad thing is if I'd done it right I should be happy at goal now. I wake up every morning feeling disgusting. We can do this. Try and stop putting so much pressure on yourself to lose more by a certain date. These goals are never good. What's he harm in losing 1lb per week. It's healthy and safe an you can still eat... No abstinence. I do genuinely believe there is a weight loss plan out there for everyone. I honestly thought abstinence or low carb was mine as it had worked in the past but I learnt nothing about maintenance. I'm not a successful dieter as I put it straight back on. There appears to be more people struggling with food replacement diets than good old fashioned healthy eating. I'm not trying to sway you, I just regret not listening to advice myself in the past. I thought every time would be my final attempt... 2 1/2 years later I'm in the exact same place. I'm here if you need me xx

Cas3 said:
You look lovely at 11.6lbs, which is my target! good luck, love calorie counting fits around life so much better than all those other fad diets!

Thanks cas3, I agree. I'm OCD at weighing everything as I need to be accountable for every calorie. It's the only way it's gonna work. Hope your doing well xx

had a little sneaky peak at the scales and things are looking good but will post official week one weigh in on thursday. i thought of a little idea... rather in aiming my goals at lbs or stones im gonna aim in bmi points. there is 6lbs to every bmi point. soooo first goal is 1 point... bmi to be in the 28s..

i dont feel im missing out on anything as im eating with the family.

BREAKFAST

30g special k
125ml semi skimmed milk
1 small orange
1 green decaf coffee

not planned lunch yet... might have some beans on toast... well see.

hope everyone has a great day today xx

Found you Carrie x well I love that photo of you on your wedding dress you look gorgeous and like you said we all have to find a plan that suits do am here subscribed to support you x

Katierose said:
Found you Carrie x well I love that photo of you on your wedding dress you look gorgeous and like you said we all have to find a plan that suits do am here subscribed to support you x

Thanks Katie, just having lunch just now. Homemade tomato pasta with half a chicken breast. Yummy. I started reading 50 shades of grey last night... Wowzers!! Lol that'll keep my mind off night snacking. Lol xx

Ha ha ha 50 shades of grey:D, I've practically done the low carb diets, and just like you have to yo'd as not learning anything about meal sizes, what needs to be in a reasonably healthy meal. With CC I've learnt and am still learning that I can have a fantastically healthy filling meal and get all my neutients in as well for about 500 cals with a desert. There is no feeling of deprivation, of not eating as a family, for me that is the most important thing to feel and be like everyone else with out a label.
Anyway good luck.
carrie.

Carrieblue said:
Ha ha ha 50 shades of grey:D, I've practically done the low carb diets, and just like you have to yo'd as not learning anything about meal sizes, what needs to be in a reasonably healthy meal. With CC I've learnt and am still learning that I can have a fantastically healthy filling meal and get all my neutients in as well for about 500 cals with a desert. There is no feeling of deprivation, of not eating as a family, for me that is the most important thing to feel and be like everyone else with out a label.
Anyway good luck.
carrie.

Another like minded Carrie :) I'm enjoying it so far. I'm frightened to get ahead of myself as I've got a habit of setting myself up for falls.... So far so good though :) xx

carrie1980 said:
Hey huny!!! How are you??? Glad your here :) how's the diet going? Xx

Umm I got so drunk Thursday that I had a two day hangover and ate far too much cr@p lol hopefully will feel well enough to start again tomorrow :) so not the best lol

You've done so well so far though... To lose over 1st on a diet where you can eat is brilliant! Fingers crossed for today. I normally have 3 day hellish hangovers where I just crave stodge. had a sneaky mid point weigh in today and I'm 2 1/4 lbs down... I'll take that lol xx

Breakfast today was 2slices kingsmill 50/50 toast with 10g clover and a green coffee. Dunno what I'll have for lunch? I'll update that when lunchtime comes xx

Hello, been having a snoop over your diary. You look so gorgeous in your wedding photo & the one of you dressed up like moulin rouge style. I'm with you on the binge and starve cycle, and always been on a fad diet where the weight drops off really fast but then I can't sustain the loss and pile it all back on plus more! Which is why I've decided CC is the way for me now, I've had enough of messing around with silly diets. Hope you're getting on well, and good luck for your first weigh in! xxx

carrie1980 said:
You've done so well so far though... To lose over 1st on a diet where you can eat is brilliant! Fingers crossed for today. I normally have 3 day hellish hangovers where I just crave stodge. had a sneaky mid point weigh in today and I'm 2 1/4 lbs down... I'll take that lol xx

Breakfast today was 2slices kingsmill 50/50 toast with 10g clover and a green coffee. Dunno what I'll have for lunch? I'll update that when lunchtime comes xx

I haven't lost a stone yet and it's going to be a while now since I put on 5 1/2lbs in the last 4 days :'(
Well done that's a great loss :)

great loss carrie so happy you found a diet that suits you , look gorgeous in your wedding picture , hope your doing well x

Back