Carrying syns over?!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jholder9, 13 October 2011 Social URL.

1. jholder9

jholder9 Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey everyone.

Here's the thing, I'm going to a party tomorrow night and I have been told that to be able to drink more (I want to enjoy myself!) I should carry my syns over.

Because of this I have decided not to use any syns today, and use today and tomorrows syns on alcohol tomorrow night.

However, I've found some conflicting views on here, some say you can carry them, others say you can't? I don't know what to do! I really want to enjoy myself but at the same time I don't want to ruin all the work I've put in so far...

What do you all think?

Looking forward to hearing from you :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SW do not recommend it because it can lead to binging but many people find it works for them. I wouldn't recommend completely syn free days though, always have at least 5 syns so you have something to play with and don't feel deprived

4. Sio

Sio Full Member

I used to do this all the time. It worked well enough for me but SW don't recommend it.

5. beckyblue

beckyblue Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11.5lb(20.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I do this now and again. I sometimes have 16 syns so just have less the day after. I have a treat night once a month a 3 days before I save my syns up. X

6. Poraw

Poraw Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I first joined a class back in May the consultant said saving syns for the weekend was fine. I personally try not to use all my syns though, I will count them daily if I have a glass of wine and dont tend to binge drink x

7. jholder9

jholder9 Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all thank you for your responses :)

I do usually use at least 5 syns a day, today is the first day that I haven't and I don't really plan on regular occasions, just special ones like tomorrow.

I purposefully only didn't use my syns for today and not the whole week or whatever, because I knew that might lead to bingeing :)

Thank you all for answering, it makes me a bit less anxious. Hopefully if I don't do it much it will be fine..and if I do gain, at least I know not to do it again!

xx

8. Derbynanny

Derbynanny Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.