Carrying that weight?!

sarahm85

Silver Member
I was trying to carry my large bag full of children's books that need to be marked this weekend from the car into the house. It's really heavy and I've been struggling with it since starting my new placement, I end up dragging it across the floor! Then, out of curiousity, I decided to weigh the bag and its contents. I was flabbergasted to see it weighed 1st 5lbs - I've lost nearly 2.5 stone and to think I'd been carrying almost the equivalent of 2 of these bags pre-SW makes me wonder how I was actually able to physically move when I struggle lugging this bag around! No wonder I used to suffer from terrible back ache!

Try doing something like this yourself - it has really put into perspective how much I've lost and how far I've come.

I know - I have lost more than the combined weight of my two children & when I have them both in my arms, I can't carry them both for long coz it kills!!!

I still have a long way to go but i really know what you mean. I lost alot of weight a while back and afterwards wondered how i managed to stand up straight! i think we just get on with it cos we are so used to it and its only after something like this that it actually makes me stop and think about how much extra i have been carrying. xx

Every so often - the realisation of how much i've lost strikes me and one of the things that gets me is "just how the heck did i manage to carry that around". (ok - i'm at the more "extreme" end of the process at having lost 13.5stone).

I went into tesco on Monday after weigh-in and picked up a 1kg bag of sugar... And then imagined trying to carry 85 more of them in one go. I couldn't even manage trying to work out how i carry 10 or so, never mind the full 86.

Is it any wonder though why my joints used to ache - just from standing up and why everyone was always walking 5 or so metres in front of me with no hope of me catching up.

Yeah those sacks of potatoes (25kg I think) are a great reminder. I can barely pick one up!

My consultant brought in a 1 stone bag of dried dog food recently and passed it round the group. It really helped us realise how much weight we had lost.

I did something similar to this back when I had lost 7st last time. I was house sharing with a bunch of students. They all had fitness weights so we loaded the bar up to be the equilavent of what I had lost. OMG I could barely lift it!

Back