Cash for clothes!!

lorraineA

Silver Member
Another incentive to lose weight - as if we needed one lol
I had loads of clothes I had been meaning to get rid of and had been storing them for ages but finally galvanised myself into action and took them to a clothes recycling centre at the weekend and got £42.50 for them.
Have yet to sort through shoes, bags and textiles so will have lots more to take in the future but I thought well when my clothes get too big after I lose weight on LT I can take them there and swap them for money and can use that to treat myself for being so good - it's a win-win situation! May be something others may want to think about doing.:)

Thats a great idea if you have one nearby. I already buy and sell on Ebay, and as Plus size clothes are always very popular I know I wont have any trouble shifting my stuff on their when the time comes...:D..... Than I can buy myself excellent 2nd hand clothes or never been worn brand new at a fraction of the cost in shops!! Love Ebay.... I only list on Free Listing weekends now though to save all the horrendous costs they incur.... But its all good :)
L xx

Is it quite easy to sell them on ebay then louloubelle? Isn't posting them a bit of a hassle or is it all worth it? I might just think about that too - cheers x

Is it quite easy to sell them on ebay then louloubelle? Isn't posting them a bit of a hassle or is it all worth it? I might just think about that too - cheers x
I think so yes.... You`ll need a few hours and peace and quiet to get it all done.. BUT take all pics and load them onto your pc 1st, make sure you get the best pics you can and multiples if poss (be careful of extra costs for more Pics though) although sometimes depending on the category you sell in you can have upto 12 pics free. Like I said before though I only ever list when its free listing weekends cos then you save money on fees. You`ll need to open a PayPal account which is relatively easy.. the link up your email address to it and Ebay and your on your way. Good tip is to use up all the words you can in the title description, as people look for things that way sonetimes... Don`t just type in Black Long Skirt.... put the make, size, exact colour, length etc etc and use up the whole space. Its worth a try, Ive listed allsorts lately. If you list things outside of the free listing weekends only start at 99p cos thats free then, otherwise you`ll soon rack up charges and fees. If the item is fashionable and popular with good pics, it should draw in lots of cuddly ladies fighting for it LOL .... and you may well get a half decent price. Otherwise stick them on at a competitive price on free listing weekends... ie £8.99 for a Brand new with tags top (BNWT) etc etc Another tip is to check out completed listings for a certain item, to get a good idea what it could fetch. Anything else you want to know just ask me chick..... Hope all goes well... Have you stayed 100% TFR? Lou xx:D

Thanks Lou. I've bought a few things myself from ebay but may well see about trying it from the other side - maybe with a few of my better clothes once they become too big. I can remember getting into a few bidding wars myself over an Anna Scholz dress or 2 - gorgeous though and worth it.

Cash for clothes! I never thought of that! Thanks! I'll remember that when all my clothes are hanging off me!!! xx

Back