Cass' CD diary - starting April 2008

Wishing you all the luck in the world, first week can be a toughy but hang in there it will be worth it and will get easier.

Georgie
x

day 1

Well, day one nearly done, so I thought I'd post my first proper entry :D

Had a shake first thing which I shook in one of those weird plastic baby beaker things that cambridge do. I drank it out of the spout and the plastic stopper kept bashing me on the nose. Had worried that the shakes would taste horrible to my proper food accustomed palate, but actually all the shakes I've had today have tasted fine.

I've been feeling slightly lightheaded, but drinking lots of water - never a problem for me as I get really thirsty really easily. The hardest thing is just getting used to the idea that I'm really, REALLY not going to be eating for a while. I've had a bit of a freaked out feeling walking around London surrounded by food and the people who eat it but not being part of that - and then reminding myself to not be so melodramatic as I'd only been on packs for half a day!

I want to lose about three stone. Plan is to SS+ (with milk, so liquid only) for 4 weeks, add a meal for one week, then 790 to lose the remainder of the weight - I lose slow, or at least I did when I did lighterlife, so I'm reckoning that'll be about 2 stone that I'll need to lose on 790. If anyone has a personal experience of switching from ss+ to 790 whilst still having quite a bit to lose, I'd be interested to hear if your losses slowed down.

That's it! A big wave to all the other VCLDers out there X

Good luck honey! xx

Thank you Sarette - I'll save the luck for later when I'm stressed and the novelty wears off!

Day 2 nearly done and dusted and has passed without incident. I feel a bit lightheaded and a bit weak, but nothing awful. I was at home all day working and will be doing the same tomorrow - wasn't very productive today and had a nap from 6-9 (long nap!), but that might be more down to my inherent laziness than to sole sourcing! Must go for a little walk tomorrow just to remind my body that it will still be required to be active! I think I'm in ketosis already - I've got little lungs and think I might have a little liver as well!

Day 4/5

Hang on... last post day 3? I started on Sunday, and now it's Thursday...either I forgot to post yesterday or this is easier than I think. Today was the first day i properly left the house. Went into London and traipsed up and down Oxford street for birthday presents - went a bit crazy on gorgeous wrapping paper in Foyles and spent nearly as much on that as on presents. Hmm: compulsive purchasing of extravagent wrapping paper as substitute for compulsive eating? What an unusual brain I have. I felt a bit lightheaded as I walked up and down with the throng, and felt dizzy when standing up after bending down to look at all the cool photos in the exhibition at Selfridges on different 'tribes' of people in cities - really fab - go if you can! I drank 3.5 X 75cl bottles of water while out, but still felt thirsty and I'm a bit worried about the comparitive lack of water (and lack of loos!) there'll be when I go back to work next week.

wow - you're off to a brilliant start!! LOVE the wrapping paper thing - made me laugh :) Good luck with the rest of your journey but i think you got it licked xxx

Day 6!

One more day and I'll have done a week - hurray! Had a v.unproductive day working from home and only did a 3rd of what I wanted to do, which means I'll have to be extra diligent tommorow even though it's supposed to be a day off - gah. I do think my overeating is (was) very tied up with my procrastinatory inability-to-delay-gratification nature, so perhaps if I can sort out my work habits it might help my eating ones when I finally get to eat things again. Grr. Oh well, at least Heaven Can Wait was on filmfour today - my favourite film when I was a child which I hadn't seen since - aaaah :cry: Actually very inspiring as part of the reason I want to lose weight and normalise my eating behaviour is so I can confidently present myself to potential future husbands, and I am sure mine will look just like the young Warren Beatty :D:D:D

First week nearly done!

Oh am soooo pleased the first week is nearly over with. Trying to keep my head down and eyes on the prize, but I'm so scared of tripping up! Had a very boring Saturday - had some work to do which made my eyes go funny, and then noodled around on the internet for ages which made my eyes go even more funny. Bought myself some exciting teas! I am drinking *a lot* of tea.

This is actually the first day I've felt a little smaller, though it might just be that today I'm wearing extra baggy trousers! I don't have any scales, so will have to wait 'til Wednesday when I pick up some more packs to see if I've lost any.

Ordered Marisa Peer (from celebrity fit club)'s book 'you can be thin' this week and read it voraciously - I'm a bit of a recovering (?) diet book obsessive, but this one really did seem rather good. Repeat after me: grains are for GIRAFFES, biscuits are for BABIES, cakes are for CHILDREN ;)

Oh, and I got a letter from my gym (which is a really horrible leisure centre which is being torn down and rebuilt at the end of the year, so I've never actually been except for the induction two months ago :cry:) today to say they now have a powerplate, AND spinning classes are now available free as part of my membership...it's a sign!

Hi

Reading your diary thread bought a big smile to my face, it makes for a great read:)

Congratulations for getting the first week over and done with, it certainly gets easier from here on!

When do you have your first weigh in?

I'm sure you're flatmates will get used to the chanting:D

Tracey
x

days 9 and 10

First weigh in isn't til Friday Tracey! I've been a bit disappointed with my shrinkage so far to be honest - can't really tell any difference yet with my trousers of truth. I suppose I'm comparing it unfavourably with the difference on lightlife from week to week, but 1. am probably thinking of the last month or so of LL, where even a couple of pounds loss was very noticable, and 2. When I did LL I was gymming alot towards the end, which maybe made more of a difference shape wise than I appreciated.

I've had a stressful coupla days with work realated things - didn't do anything to disgraceful, but have been drinking coffee to excess (usually try to keep intake moderate as I reckon caffeine makes me stall) and even worse have been sucking nicotine lozenges constantly, which as well as the unfortunately *flatulent* side effect, is also (I suppose connected to the first undesirable) making my tummy rumble. Shall wean myself off them a bit over the next few days!

Day 12, and I have a burning question...

The burning question is in relation to a compulsive and irrational shoe buying frenzy I went into during the Office online shoe sale a few months ago...owing to a great deal of annoying shenanigans involving credit card addresses and stupid postal companies that think everybody is at home between 9am and 5pm, they've only just arrived but...

IS IT EASIER TO WALK IN HIGH HEELED SHOES WHEN THINNER?

Because I am a clumsy ankle spraining oaf. :cry:

(have just realised I have implied recent ankle-sprainage - there hasn't been any yet! I have just paraded up and down in New Shoes in bedroom so far, kicking my legs in the air in order to admire them in the non-full length mirror. I daren't take them for a proper walk which is very frustrating!)

Back