cat bite

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by missy3, 18 September 2008 Social URL.

1. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    My kitten bit me whilst i was trying to give him a bath.. do i need some sort of injection or anything? its quite sore still (happened yesterday) but didnt really bleed much or anything.
    All help appreciated.
    xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Just antiseptic cream and keep an eye on it. You would only need to go to the docs if it became infected - and they would give you some antibiotics.

Cats - gotta love 'em - that's why I've never even attempted to get either of mine near a bath. They'd have my eyes out - I just let them crack on with cleaning themselves.

Is it a really longhaired cat?

Carol x

4. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

If you haven't had a tetanus it probably would be a good idea to have one.

Cats mouths are full of germs and they are prone to gum infections. As this is a kitten its mouth is probably cleaner than an older cat (just guesssing here).

Phone NHS Direct and take their advice.

5. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    We've never had cats before.. Soour kitten recently had kittens! can't bare to part with them just yet, but we put them in a carry case thing until we got litter tra etc cleaned, but one of them went to toilet in there (to much info lol) and then they all got covered! so had to choice but to bath them lol
    Thanx for advice on the cream.. gonna pop out and get some

6. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

When you get your cream speak to the pharmacist as they will be able to advise you.

Hope it heals soon.

7. Shadaca

Shadaca Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    To be honest - if it's a young kitten that hasn't got outside you'll be fine, just stick with the germolene
    (but don't let them lick it off!)
    If it gets red and risen or has got swollen and doesn't go down in the next three days go to your gp.
    How old is your cat/kittens? If they are very young I would worry about using anything but water on them. Cat skin is very delicate, and you also don't want to change the way they smell to each other.

8. callysplace

callysplace Member

Hi there, I was bitten by my eight week old kitten three years ago on my index finger. Two weeks later I had a purple,black,green infected finger and swelling that extend up my arm, I lost my finger nail which has never grown back properly and suffer extremely painful stiffness in the first joint. It ended with surgery to open up finger to drain off pus ...not nice at all!
    Please go to your doctors and cover yourself with antibiotics asap, yep it might be a bit extreme but better to be safe than sorry

9. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    :s oh dear.. thanx for the advice i'll do that xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.