cat bite

missy3

starving!
My kitten bit me whilst i was trying to give him a bath.. do i need some sort of injection or anything? its quite sore still (happened yesterday) but didnt really bleed much or anything.
All help appreciated.
xxxx

Just antiseptic cream and keep an eye on it. You would only need to go to the docs if it became infected - and they would give you some antibiotics.

Cats - gotta love 'em - that's why I've never even attempted to get either of mine near a bath. They'd have my eyes out - I just let them crack on with cleaning themselves.

Is it a really longhaired cat?

Carol x

If you haven't had a tetanus it probably would be a good idea to have one.

Cats mouths are full of germs and they are prone to gum infections. As this is a kitten its mouth is probably cleaner than an older cat (just guesssing here).

Phone NHS Direct and take their advice.

We've never had cats before.. Soour kitten recently had kittens! can't bare to part with them just yet, but we put them in a carry case thing until we got litter tra etc cleaned, but one of them went to toilet in there (to much info lol) and then they all got covered! so had to choice but to bath them lol
Thanx for advice on the cream.. gonna pop out and get some

To be honest - if it's a young kitten that hasn't got outside you'll be fine, just stick with the germolene
(but don't let them lick it off!)
If it gets red and risen or has got swollen and doesn't go down in the next three days go to your gp.
How old is your cat/kittens? If they are very young I would worry about using anything but water on them. Cat skin is very delicate, and you also don't want to change the way they smell to each other.

Hi there, I was bitten by my eight week old kitten three years ago on my index finger. Two weeks later I had a purple,black,green infected finger and swelling that extend up my arm, I lost my finger nail which has never grown back properly and suffer extremely painful stiffness in the first joint. It ended with surgery to open up finger to drain off pus ...not nice at all!
Please go to your doctors and cover yourself with antibiotics asap, yep it might be a bit extreme but better to be safe than sorry

:s oh dear.. thanx for the advice i'll do that xx

Back