Cathy's Atkins Journey!

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Yay I'm finally here (ok a little earlier than planned but, meh - *shrugs shoulders*)

Today has been officially day one, I've been to Tescos and got lots of nice things to have and I've been to my local market and stocked up on eggs and some duck eggs as I can see me going through a lot of them.

Todays food has been:

B - Atkins bar
S - Half a bag of tikka fridge raiders
L - Whitby Crab (yum) and about 7-8oz salad consisting of cucumber, lettuce and 2 sticks celery and some mayo
S - Couple of scratchings (got em from market, too soft! :jelous:) 2 Babybels
D - 2 Eggs Scrambled made with 2tsp double cream and a smidgen of reduced sugar and salt ketchup

W - 3-4 litres
E - Not had much time as had brass band job to do this eve but managed quite a few laps of tescos lol

The snacks seem a lot written down but I haven't been eating all day. I had brekkie about 8:30, fridge raiders about 2:30pm, lunch at 4pm, scratchings and 1 babybel on way to gig about 5:30, other babybel on way home about 10pm and Eggs when I got home at 10:30pm

Does any of this seem an ok first day to you guys? (be gentle please!):D

E - Not had much time as had brass band job to do this eve but managed quite a few laps of tescos lol

Actually just put my walking slowly into My Fitness Pal and an hours walking (trust me I spend that long in tescos!) burned 206cal and best of all aparently playing my Tenor Horn (brass instrument) for roughly 100mins (gig lasted 2.5hours with short interval so took that off and allowed time resting in pieces) burns 275 calories!:D I've never had a better excuse to practise lol!

Hey hun. some people dont log in over the weekend so dont worry they are not ignoring you. It seems like a good 1st day although Jim will say that fridge raiders are frenkenfood. Lol. Some people stall with atkins bars. I dont eat them so cant say from experience but i have asked before. Ans last little bit i promise, try to eat a bit more greenage at dinner time. I hope i was gentle enough, believe me its better to iron out bits now rather than later. Good luck and post menus on the daily menu board, everyone looks at that and can tell you if your going wrong and can get idaes from it too. Also the recipe thread is great for ideas too.

Definately need more greens!! The rest looks ok... don't need to justify eating misses your allowed to! Thats the whole point with Atkins, if yr hungry eat. x

:8855:The trouble is when you're not hungry you still have to eat otherwise you don't lose the fat!

Think that's where I've been going wrong, so from today going to make a concious effort to eat at least 3-4 meals a day and get my water intake back up as it's dropped badly :mad:
Have a good day everybody xx

We'll do it together hun! Is Atkins depression a real thing then??:confused:

Looks good, but like already said a few more greens. You'll find the water really easy coming straight from LT.

I think it is now. A few of us have been feeling it the last few days. As you know yesterday was mine. Still not great today................maybe its the constipation. Lmao

Thanks for posts ladies (Cherl I didn't expect many replies last night lol as they were done about half past midnight and most normal people sleep at that time x)

I realised about the greens as I was writing this last night. I'd loaded my plate with 8-9oz of greens but with being on LT for so long it seems my eyes are way bigger than my belly for the time being so I'm gunna have smaller but more meals or smallish meals (all including some veg) and if need be snack on celery with stilton yum!

Had to share this as found it funny - I'm in that good a mood that I'm eating "real food" again and the scales are still moving that I woke up this morning singing that Doris Day song "How do you like your eggs in the morning?", just made me chuckle as I'm having scrambled with mushrooms this morning!

p.s. what is frankenfoods? x

Oh dear Cathy, you do realise that is sad! Lmao. I will let you off about your "normal" people comment as i think it established a while ago that i am far from normal!

Last edited:
Good start Cathy, keep it up! I hope your family & friends will come 'round when they see how happier & healthier you become eating 'real' foods.

Ah right get ya now thanks for that.

Cherl they'll all soon realise on here too that I'm wierd through and through so if I wierd anyone out ever I apologise in advance lol.

Right, I'm off to Meadowhall now (or MeadowHELL if you're local to South Yorks) to get some smaller pj's from Pradamark/Primarni and have a looksee in Holland & Barrett.... But here's the "not normal" part - Will be going round wearing my New Rock boots (really big and heavy goth boots) as they weigh about 3.5lbs each boot (Yes, I'm sad enough to weigh them!) and figured it would help my excercise!!!

Have a good day all!

That it will hun but you need to walk quickly or you'll only end up with mahoosive leg muscles

Ah right get ya now thanks for that.

Cherl they'll all soon realise on here too that I'm wierd through and through so if I wierd anyone out ever I apologise in advance lol.

Right, I'm off to Meadowhall now (or MeadowHELL if you're local to South Yorks) to get some smaller pj's from Pradamark/Primarni and have a looksee in Holland & Barrett.... But here's the "not normal" part - Will be going round wearing my New Rock boots (really big and heavy goth boots) as they weigh about 3.5lbs each boot (Yes, I'm sad enough to weigh them!) and figured it would help my excercise!!!

Have a good day all!

I have black and silver new rocks lol.

yeah they weigh a ton. like adding leg weights!

I have black and silver new rocks lol.

yeah they weigh a ton. like adding leg weights!

Got em from good old ebay last week for £30 so first time wearing them out and about. I did feel it after a couple of hours, can't see me walking round all day in them.

LOL, everybody is saying eat more green leafy veggies. :D

Thats been my plan of action today, for lunch had duck egg mayo with 3 sticks of celery and cucumber (there was lettuce there too but eyes were bigger than my belly). Tonight I'm making some oopsie rolls to take to work/use as breakfast etc so may have one with something and some mushrooms.

Tell you what I'm starting to get fed up of eggs lol!

Back