Cats Diary

Catlouise83

Hi everyone, I've decided to keep a (hopefully) daily diary to try and keep me on track :)

My name is Cat, and I'm 27 and a little shortass at 5'2 and my start weight was 201lb, which is the biggest I've ever been :(

I've been on ss for 16 days so far (yay) and lost 12 LB so far (+ 9 that I'd lost few weeks before on CD but restarted so counting from 2 weeks ago now.

My first week I lost 10 but my second only 2lb :(

I have had 2 good things happen yesterday though, my first was a pair on jeans that didn't even fit me a month ago I could pull up yesterday without undoing the flies woohoo and my second was cos I weigh in LB I didn't realise I've made it into the 12's yippee.

I've got 60lb to loose which will take me to 10st - still overweight but my first target, so far I've lost 21 so I'm a third of the way there.

I've noticed also I'm craving food I didn't even like before like cottage pie and I can't wait to start cooking again when I've finished CD.

Today I went swimming and swam 64 lengths which is a mile and I've had 3.5l squash - I can't stand water!!! Yuk and I've had 2 cups of tea ( with milk) -I'm trying to cut down - and hoping I can have no more than 5 per day so a little bit of milk each day is like a treat haha

Evenings is where I really struggle- once my daughter is in bed normally the munchies come out lol, but I've been going to bed around 8/9 and watching tv in bed so in distracted from the kitchen

I also start a new job in a few weeks so hopefully that keeps me distracted too

My bad habits come out when I'm bored, I'm not an emotional eater or eat cos I'm hungry- I eat when I'm bored so I'm tsing to do things which keep my hands busy - I did take up cross stitch on my last diet bit on bored of that now :( any tips??

Anyway I think I've done enough rambling for now so I shall go and drink some squash lol

Well I'm off to bed to watch a bit of tv, I've just had some maple porridge for dinner yumyum

I'm trying a new thing where I don't have a bar now ( starting from yesterday) and I'm hoping that'll make a difference to my weight loss. I was never told this no bars till week 3 things so I've had one everyday from day one :s
Hopefully it'll show on the scales, fingers crossed :)

Goodnight all

Also has anyone noticed that you 'notice' food more? like on adverts and tv programmes they always seem to be eating, u don't know if that's always the case or I'm just noticing it now cos I'm not eating food lol

hey , well done on getting this far :) can I just ask what squash you drink , as most squashes contain citric acid which will effect ketosis and this will make your losses lower and make the diet harder to stick to ! CD makes water flavouring which is a really good squash alternative and wont effect ketosis :D

I would avoid squash, from my research, I know salt, squash and even milk in tea can really stop weight loss.

I wish you all the luck with the diet, it is hard sometimes, but when the clothes start getting baggy, that should help spur you on xxx

I've just had a look and my squash does have citric acid (boohoo)

Does any squash sold in supermarkets not contain citric acid??
It's just I thought the CD powder seemed expensive :(

Thanks for the heads up though, it's great 'talking' to other people on CD as u learn so much and get some good tips too :)

Good morning, it's freezing today brrrrrr

I'm gonna try and just have water today (no squash :( ) and see if that kicks my fat into gear lol

I also went 2 days with no bars - that's hard for me, although I'm still gonna try keep it up- got some in the cupboard just incase i need to chew so I won't head for the chocolate draw in the fridge.

My chocolate draw is overflowing which shows how much I'm not eating it, I always tried to convince myself it was there for my daughter to eat it- but it shows she's not much of a fan of chocolate cos it's all still there!!! So it's me that gobbles it all up :(

I've been ready all the other threads and there so inspiring and also knowing that others have blips but get straight back on is great :)

One thing I did read was about TOTM. I'm on the depo injection and not had a period for nearly 5 years but now I'm worried I'll have one- I'll talk to my nurse and see what she says but does anyone have any experience of this??
Also on depo do you get a like 'TOTM' where you might gain? Like every 11/12 weeks or every 4 like 'normal' ?

Thanks for reading

Dinner time....... Curry chips Bargis and samosas........ Mmmmmmmm :) nope a chicken and mushroom soup for me

And I've drunk nearly 2l of plain water today, I hope that's kicked me further into ketosis and it shows on the scales

:)

hi, i I am pretty sure that you wont find any squashes without cotric acid .. its the main thing I struggled with the start with and the CD water flavour really saved me !! It may seem expensive but I found 1 tub did me 3-4 week so not as bad as you may think :) You can only have 1 teaspoon a day and instruction are 1 teaspoon to 1 litre .. but i found 1 teaspoon did 2 litre so I used to make up 3.5 litres a day (using 1.5 teaspoons ) and it didnt effect my losses at all :D

Hope you are still going strong :)

Thanks determinator, I thought that would be the case.

I think I'll have to invest in a tub of flavouring - I really dont like water although I have managed 3l today :)

Dear diary I have managed 1 litre of plain water today. I have invested in orange flavourings will see later if it's any good.

Yesterday I only had 2 packs - I'm never hungry now and cos I've cut out the bars I m finding it hard to have 3 sachets. I'll will try though, I know it's not good to miss 'meals' out. I had porridge at 10 and I'll have something around 5 while my daughter has dinner and then 'force' another down around 8.

I'm off to do some more cleaning- my house has never been so clean thanks diet lol

Well I'm just about to do the school run, but could easily just fall asleep :(

I just done used a ketostix and it's bright pink woohoo- never been more than a baigey colour before- sticking to water and no bars is defiantly helping - hopefully it shows on the scales

Maybe that's why I'm so tired today- I'm firmly in ketosis?

Good morning diary :)

I was looking forward to a lie in this morning, but the lovely dog next door decided he'd like to start barking at 7.30 and hasn't stopped since arghhhhhhh

So anyway I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2.2lb in 2 days yippee so switching from squash to water and cutting out bars is defiantly working

Looking forward to official WI on Tuesday to see what I've lost :)

Well it's the end of the day, I'm so bored and theres pants all on tv

I've had 2.5l water and 3 cups of tea today. I had porridge this morning and a fruits of the forest shake this afternoon, and I'm thinking of having a creme egg instead of a third sachet

I might go to bed soon, going to see toy story 3 and the cinemas kids club in the morn so gotta be up early, although I do want to watch new csi, thank god for sky+ lol

Goodnight all

Back