Cats Diary

Discussion in 'CD Weight Loss Diaries' started by Catlouise83, 16 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone, I've decided to keep a (hopefully) daily diary to try and keep me on track :)

My name is Cat, and I'm 27 and a little shortass at 5'2 and my start weight was 201lb, which is the biggest I've ever been :(

I've been on ss for 16 days so far (yay) and lost 12 LB so far (+ 9 that I'd lost few weeks before on CD but restarted so counting from 2 weeks ago now.

My first week I lost 10 but my second only 2lb :(

I have had 2 good things happen yesterday though, my first was a pair on jeans that didn't even fit me a month ago I could pull up yesterday without undoing the flies woohoo and my second was cos I weigh in LB I didn't realise I've made it into the 12's yippee.

I've got 60lb to loose which will take me to 10st - still overweight but my first target, so far I've lost 21 so I'm a third of the way there.

I've noticed also I'm craving food I didn't even like before like cottage pie and I can't wait to start cooking again when I've finished CD.

Today I went swimming and swam 64 lengths which is a mile and I've had 3.5l squash - I can't stand water!!! Yuk and I've had 2 cups of tea ( with milk) -I'm trying to cut down - and hoping I can have no more than 5 per day so a little bit of milk each day is like a treat haha

Evenings is where I really struggle- once my daughter is in bed normally the munchies come out lol, but I've been going to bed around 8/9 and watching tv in bed so in distracted from the kitchen

I also start a new job in a few weeks so hopefully that keeps me distracted too

My bad habits come out when I'm bored, I'm not an emotional eater or eat cos I'm hungry- I eat when I'm bored so I'm tsing to do things which keep my hands busy - I did take up cross stitch on my last diet bit on bored of that now :( any tips??

Anyway I think I've done enough rambling for now so I shall go and drink some squash lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I'm off to bed to watch a bit of tv, I've just had some maple porridge for dinner yumyum

I'm trying a new thing where I don't have a bar now ( starting from yesterday) and I'm hoping that'll make a difference to my weight loss. I was never told this no bars till week 3 things so I've had one everyday from day one :s
    Hopefully it'll show on the scales, fingers crossed :)

Goodnight all

Also has anyone noticed that you 'notice' food more? like on adverts and tv programmes they always seem to be eating, u don't know if that's always the case or I'm just noticing it now cos I'm not eating food lol

4. determinator

determinator Banned

hey , well done on getting this far :) can I just ask what squash you drink , as most squashes contain citric acid which will effect ketosis and this will make your losses lower and make the diet harder to stick to ! CD makes water flavouring which is a really good squash alternative and wont effect ketosis :D

5. festivalgirl

festivalgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I would avoid squash, from my research, I know salt, squash and even milk in tea can really stop weight loss.

I wish you all the luck with the diet, it is hard sometimes, but when the clothes start getting baggy, that should help spur you on xxx

6. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just had a look and my squash does have citric acid (boohoo)

Does any squash sold in supermarkets not contain citric acid??
    It's just I thought the CD powder seemed expensive :(

Thanks for the heads up though, it's great 'talking' to other people on CD as u learn so much and get some good tips too :)

7. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good morning, it's freezing today brrrrrr

I'm gonna try and just have water today (no squash :( ) and see if that kicks my fat into gear lol

I also went 2 days with no bars - that's hard for me, although I'm still gonna try keep it up- got some in the cupboard just incase i need to chew so I won't head for the chocolate draw in the fridge.

My chocolate draw is overflowing which shows how much I'm not eating it, I always tried to convince myself it was there for my daughter to eat it- but it shows she's not much of a fan of chocolate cos it's all still there!!! So it's me that gobbles it all up :(

I've been ready all the other threads and there so inspiring and also knowing that others have blips but get straight back on is great :)

One thing I did read was about TOTM. I'm on the depo injection and not had a period for nearly 5 years but now I'm worried I'll have one- I'll talk to my nurse and see what she says but does anyone have any experience of this??
    Also on depo do you get a like 'TOTM' where you might gain? Like every 11/12 weeks or every 4 like 'normal' ?

Thanks for reading

8. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Dinner time....... Curry chips Bargis and samosas........ Mmmmmmmm :) nope a chicken and mushroom soup for me

And I've drunk nearly 2l of plain water today, I hope that's kicked me further into ketosis and it shows on the scales

:)

9. determinator

determinator Banned

hi, i I am pretty sure that you wont find any squashes without cotric acid .. its the main thing I struggled with the start with and the CD water flavour really saved me !! It may seem expensive but I found 1 tub did me 3-4 week so not as bad as you may think :) You can only have 1 teaspoon a day and instruction are 1 teaspoon to 1 litre .. but i found 1 teaspoon did 2 litre so I used to make up 3.5 litres a day (using 1.5 teaspoons ) and it didnt effect my losses at all :D

Hope you are still going strong :)

10. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks determinator, I thought that would be the case.

I think I'll have to invest in a tub of flavouring - I really dont like water although I have managed 3l today :)

11. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Dear diary I have managed 1 litre of plain water today. I have invested in orange flavourings will see later if it's any good.

Yesterday I only had 2 packs - I'm never hungry now and cos I've cut out the bars I m finding it hard to have 3 sachets. I'll will try though, I know it's not good to miss 'meals' out. I had porridge at 10 and I'll have something around 5 while my daughter has dinner and then 'force' another down around 8.

I'm off to do some more cleaning- my house has never been so clean thanks diet lol

12. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I'm just about to do the school run, but could easily just fall asleep :(

I just done used a ketostix and it's bright pink woohoo- never been more than a baigey colour before- sticking to water and no bars is defiantly helping - hopefully it shows on the scales

Maybe that's why I'm so tired today- I'm firmly in ketosis?

13. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good morning diary :)

I was looking forward to a lie in this morning, but the lovely dog next door decided he'd like to start barking at 7.30 and hasn't stopped since arghhhhhhh

So anyway I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2.2lb in 2 days yippee so switching from squash to water and cutting out bars is defiantly working

Looking forward to official WI on Tuesday to see what I've lost :)

14. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well it's the end of the day, I'm so bored and theres pants all on tv

I've had 2.5l water and 3 cups of tea today. I had porridge this morning and a fruits of the forest shake this afternoon, and I'm thinking of having a creme egg instead of a third sachet

I might go to bed soon, going to see toy story 3 and the cinemas kids club in the morn so gotta be up early, although I do want to watch new csi, thank god for sky+ lol

Goodnight all

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.