Cats pajamas starts LL management

I think it might be an idea for me to write about how this will go for me. I have loved foundation - LL is one of the best things that has ever happened for me and that is not ketosis talking. I dont know how keeping a sort of shared diary will go. I have kept an eye on the forum over my 4 months and am grateful to all for the info and words of support. Feel welcome to ask if you have any questions.
Cat :D

Good luck with it all. I am rapidly approaching RTM PROPERLY this time so will look forward to reading about how you are getting on!! xx

RTM - days 1 and 2

Hello, Today is my third day of RTM.

I have shed 44lbs since 25th of May and my BMI is now just under 25, where I would be very happy for it to stay. :cool:

I have had 3 food-packs on each day and a Sainsbury’s seafood medley, which was lovely. The first day, I mixed it with some mushroom soup. Last night, I made a point of putting it on a plate and savouring each different type of fish. Tonight I am going to have some smoked salmon.

It has felt fine. I haven’t been hungry. :D

It is possible that I’m still losing weight as one of my friends said I look a little gaunt today; that was a feature of my weight loss – I would lose weight, look gaunt and then it would settle.

I am trying to exercise more by running/walking the 3 miles to work in the morning and, apart from a little breathlessness and redness of the face, I am enjoying it a lot.

I have just joined the website resources at http://management.lighterlife.com/ which looks pretty helpful.

My biggest challenge seems to be alcohol. :break_diet:
I did a very good job of abstinence (even if I say so myself) and then hit a big hurdle as I tried to start RTM at the same time as I was supposed to be having 3 weeks away for my brothers wedding.
I did Ok for a week but then just went with the flow and did as everyone else was doing, albeit with more exercise and, more often than not, more healthy food choices.
Alcohol was a key player though and has always been a big part of my relationships and life in general.
Three days ago on my first day of RTM, I was on a date and drank some wine – but I did steer clear of the peanuts. I think it is fair to say I can’t afford to sabotage myself with alcohol and I’m clear on that now but I am a little scared so I should do a through record on it in a while. :rolleyes:
I was perfectly fine without it while the weight was coming off but now that I’m all slim, confident, flirty and sociable, it seems to be harder.
I’m going to see a band later and likely to drive. At the very least I have told people that I am checking out my food sensitivities with a special diet at the moment so that they don’t think I am still trying to lose more weight and this is true in a way.

Will update soon with news on the excitement of adding the green leaves. ;¬)

All the best,
Cat

Hello All,

So tonight I will be going back to class at the end of week 1 in RTM and I think I have had an OK week, apart from the one night where alcohol made an early unscheduled appearance.

I have to say, it has been a pleasant surprise to enjoy salad leaves so much. I have always shied away from them thinking they didn’t taste so great but wow, rocket really rocks! The salad dressings were a real treat since day 3. I think I am more surprised that I expected because I did take a sort of planned 3 week lapse just as I finished the foundation so I wasn’t expecting the heightened taste sensations that I had heard some others describe.

I have had various fish every evening, possibly in larger than required portion sizes.

The hardest thing was probably sitting down with a plate and cutlery to make a proper meal of it.

I don’t think I have been hungry as such but I do need to make sure I drink enough water. I have been having some Coke Zero, which some of my friends doing The Cambridge Diet have told me is acceptable to them although I know strictly speaking diet drinks aren’t part of our program at this stage.

I think the weight loss has continued slightly.

I went to M and S and got three pairs of cute trousers and 3 tops in size 12. OMG!!! Its scary but so lovely to wear clothes that I fell I can look good in.

The only thing that worries me is that I haven’t been doing the thought records etc but I will talk to my counsellor tonight to get some motivation on this.

Warm wishes,
Cat

I lost 4 lbs in week one of RTM. can start to add in low fat dairy now and the diet drinks are allowed. Went for a run with a friend tonight and it felt great. Need to focus on thought records. Very tired.
Cat

Hi CJ

Reading your posts (having read the first one before you posted the second) and was wondering how you would get on after weigh in.
Very pleased to see that, even though you did not stick ridgidly to the plan, you acheived the desired results.

When you say that you had fish in larger portions, how much larger, and if you dont mind me asking what form did the alchohol take and how much.

I am still 4 weeks away from RtM and am dreading it because i worry about the 'it wont do any harm to' state of mind that i might adopt.

Have only recently registered to this site after coming across it by chance, but feel it would be good if councilors (although I realise they wont post) made people aware. I have found a lot of the info, even on old threads, very helpful.

My only complaint is that it is very underused. would be handy if there was a chat facility as you could get info instantly.

Am well pleased with the way it is going so far, started at 16.3lbs and now (after 22days) 14.1lb. I am male by the way, there seem to be so few willing to come on here, and have 25lbs to go to target.

I come on here every night now so any reply should have a response fairly quickly.

Congrats on your massive acheivement (unless you have attempted this you have no idea how hard it is) and good luck for the future

Hello, Thank you for the words of encouragement and well done to you!

The fish portion was prob twice the size of a portion that one of my slim friends would have (a packets of seafood designed for 2 for example). It did not look huge by any stretch of the imagination. Interestingly my counsellor talked about portion size last night and warned against returning to old habits. I just had salad and a piece of salmon at a friend's house and it was unheard of for me to be satisfied by one piece before I started all this but tonight I felt nicely full.

When I drank the alcohol, I managed to put away a bottle and 1 glass which now that I look back was absolutely crazy although I don't think I was any drunker than I would have been before (and it was fun). The risks to us while we are in ketosis are potentially not to be scoffed at, in part due to the fact that our bodies have a reduced insulin production so I think such a large amount of 'sugar' can be quite a shock that our bodies are not ready for. I'm no expert though...

Best wishes,
Cat

BTW, I think there are big differences between planning a lapse (like for a holiday or a wedding) and breaking with the plan because of a stressor (which we can then learn from, predict and plan to avoid). Not everyone might agree with me here though, but I have clearly done both - one is much more child/rebel than the other in my mind.
I have surprised myself, not least of all in my desire to eat healthy things and take care of myself by getting fit. Eating less is not as hard as I thought it was going to be. It is possible that 'getting away with' deviations from the programme may not the be the challenge you expect.
TTFN,
Cat

Well, I didn't exactly stick to the plan at the weekend :break_diet:and it has thrown me but I have just had a look at Mrs Lards thread on how not to do LL RtM and will take her advice so still feeling hopeful.:eek:

Kaalin said:
Hey Cats, how's it going? Would love to hear how you're progressing :) xx

Hi there. I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier - I haven't logged on for ages. Sadly, I couldn't stick to it so I'm back where I started. Today I'm making a fresh start with Diet Chef so fingers crossed. I hope you're doing well? Catx

Back