catthins diary to a slimmer me

Good luck Cathy... and stick with it hunny... :)

1ltr of water weighs 2lbs, so it could easily be just water weight... Besides, the official weigh-in is just a snap shot of our weight, at a teeny moment in time during the week. It fluctuates up and down every day, so your official loss was 2lbs, but it might be much more... it was just earlier that day... or whatever! The point is, you are losing pure fat, and although it's slower for some people than others (I'm a member of the 2lbs a week gang so I know what I'm talking about, see my sig!! LOL), it does add up, trust me!

I'm 6 months in exactly, and suddenly find myself only 4lbs from goal! Trust me, the time flies, and you'll lose quicker on this plan than any other, so if you stop and try something else, it'll only take even longer...

Stick with it, bet you have a great loss next week! :D

xx
Hi Pinkie
Thank you for your reply you are so right and have put it into pespective for me.I am being reall positive now and not going to worry about the amount but just the fact it is moving downwards. I have a goal to achieve however long it takes.
You have done rreally well good luck on the rest of your journey wow only 4lbs to go.
Cathy

Day 15

Well I feel great today looking forward to the weekend to spend with my little grandsons.Really enjoying the shakes and still drinking lots of water.A bit of a problem with my bowels today but now sorted (sorry toilet talk).
Im going to a pop in tomorrow so will see how I get on.
We are going on holiday in two weeks time just Myself and hubby.He was asking me last night if I was going to be eating whilst we were away and I said I would like to stay on my shakes if he didnt mind.We are staying in a cottage in Southern Ireland so no problem with prepared meals.He said so we wont be eating out ,but I told him I didnt mind as long as I could have a shake.After a long chat we decided that I would cook him a nice meal each evening and I would have a savoury packet.
When I came homefrom work tonight he told me he had found a health spa near where we are staying and booked me in for some treatments as he would be saving so much money not going out for meals.He is so thoughfull and supportive I nearly cried.He knows how much losing weight and becoming healthy means to me .i would be lost without him.
Take care everyone
Cathy

Good luck Cathy... and stick with it hunny... :)

1ltr of water weighs 2lbs, so it could easily be just water weight... Besides, the official weigh-in is just a snap shot of our weight, at a teeny moment in time during the week. It fluctuates up and down every day, so your official loss was 2lbs, but it might be much more... it was just earlier that day... or whatever! The point is, you are losing pure fat, and although it's slower for some people than others (I'm a member of the 2lbs a week gang so I know what I'm talking about, see my sig!! LOL), it does add up, trust me!

I'm 6 months in exactly, and suddenly find myself only 4lbs from goal! Trust me, the time flies, and you'll lose quicker on this plan than any other, so if you stop and try something else, it'll only take even longer...

Stick with it, bet you have a great loss next week! :D

xx

Pinkie, you are just fab xxx

Cathy, your hubby sounds fab. lucky lady xxxx

Pinks rocks!! Xx

Aw I wanna a hubby like yours, he sounds so lovely. That's a gab treat to have whilst away, enjoy Hun and good luck today. I have a feeling you will be happy at your drop in!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks LadyT and Gracielou.
I know I am a lucky girl.
Well I went to my pop in today and step on the scales with intrepidation.
I had lost 3 and 3/4 pounds yipeee .Three entered on my log so really cchuffed.
You were all right It will come off in the end,so thank you all for your support to keep going it really helped.
Cathy

Yay thats fabulous, see told you I thought you would be ok. Sometimes we have to have the smaller losses this is a big deal to our bodies and they take time to catch up. I had a STS one week, but never cheated I knew it would come off the following week and it sure did in the form of 4lb! So sometimes you have to focus on the end goal no9t how you get there. xxx

Thank you Lady T you were so right .
Thanks for your support.
Cathy

Well done on ur drop in session!

Well done on your loss!! That is so sweet of your husband to treat you at the spa :) I hope your trip will be wonderful xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

day 18

Hi Ladies hope you are all keeping well.
I have had a good weekend but have struggled with the voices in my head but I won lol.
I am focussed and going to get to goal as it is the one thing I want most is to be slim again and feel good in my clothes.
This morning I noticed that my nails are growing really well and I will treat myself to a manicure on friday.
Today is the first day I have been food shopping since I started LL.I wasnt tempted at all and kept thinking about the times I would have added a pkt of sweets,chocolate and biscuits in my trolley but I was never hungry it was just because I felt I deserved a treat lol.So today I added a bottle of relaxing bath soak and a peel off face mask to my trolley as I wanted to treat myself but I dont need food to do that.
Tonight when everyone has gone home I am treating myself to a nice soak in the bath and put my face mask on.
Take care everyone keep up the good work of Losing lbs and getting smaller.
Cathy

Hi Ladies hope you are all keeping well.
I have had a good weekend but have struggled with the voices in my head but I won lol.
I am focussed and going to get to goal as it is the one thing I want most is to be slim again and feel good in my clothes.
This morning I noticed that my nails are growing really well and I will treat myself to a manicure on friday.
Today is the first day I have been food shopping since I started LL.I wasnt tempted at all and kept thinking about the times I would have added a pkt of sweets,chocolate and biscuits in my trolley but I was never hungry it was just because I felt I deserved a treat lol.So today I added a bottle of relaxing bath soak and a peel off face mask to my trolley as I wanted to treat myself but I dont need food to do that.
Tonight when everyone has gone home I am treating myself to a nice soak in the bath and put my face mask on.
Take care everyone keep up the good work of Losing lbs and getting smaller.
Cathy
Hi Cathy, i doint envy u at all for having to do the shopping trip hehehe:p but its fab how u treated urself to bubble bath and a face mask instead of food.. well done!!! i love the sleep threrapy bubble baths they are so nice! how did ur face mask go??? last time i did a face mask it wouldnt dry properly and took agggeeees to peel off LOL :eek: think i will just get the wash off one next time! xxxx

Hi Gem
thank you for your reply. I didnt manage to do the face pack last night as I realised I had no money or petrol and couldnt find my switch card so was searching for ages and still didnt find it.So OH ended up getting me money out and putting petrol in my car by the time we were sorted it was 11pm so we went to bed.Should get some me time this afternoon. ill have a look out for the sleep therapy bubble bath although if I sleep any more there will be no day left lol.I am sleeping so much better than I have for a long time and feel more rested when I wake up its great .
Take care
Cathyxx

day 20

Wow I am on day 20 almost three weeks since I last ate conventional food.
Cant say I havent been tempted but i have resisted.Feel really proud of myself.Weigh in tonight so feeling a little aprehensive.
I have been worrying last night.
I am due to go in for an operation on 24th June.I was worried whether I will have to stop LL before my op and after to help recovery.
I have a pre op assessment on 20th so will ask then but was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have had an op whilst on LL and what their experience was.
I will be having a Laparoscopy to remove my ovaries and seperate adhesions.If all goes well I will be in overnight.If there are any complications it may be an open wound which would require a few days in hospital.
I keep having nightmares that they make me eat two rounds of toast post op even though I keep telling them I dont eat bread lol.
Any advice would be usefull.
Kind regards Cathy

Last edited:
weigh in went well 3lb off so thats a stone in three weeks.We go on holiday on saturday so I got two weeks supply tonight.
Take care everyone.
Cathy

Well done hun, good luck whilst you are on holiday!

As for the op, discuss it with your surgeon prior to the op, will you need to be on conventinla food whilst you recover, if so I wouldnt worry too much about the toast. If you are plannoing on going straight back to packs and the only conventional food you will have is the toast, explain you are unable to eat bread and ask what te options are, could you take something in with you? Just a thought, not sure you can even do that nowadays lol so many rules etc. xx

Well done Cathy!! :)

Well done hun, good luck whilst you are on holiday!

As for the op, discuss it with your surgeon prior to the op, will you need to be on conventinla food whilst you recover, if so I wouldnt worry too much about the toast. If you are plannoing on going straight back to packs and the only conventional food you will have is the toast, explain you are unable to eat bread and ask what te options are, could you take something in with you? Just a thought, not sure you can even do that nowadays lol so many rules etc. xx

Thanks bb13 and Lady T.
I have planned my weeks holiday as losing a few more pound before my op will be beneficial.
I have my pre op assessment on 20th so will discuss my dietry requirement with them.
It shouldnt be a problem taking my own food in might even take the porridge and ask for hot water.
Three days in work then a whole seven days just me and OH having some well deserved time relaxing.
Cathy

Well done cathy! x hope ur op goes ok xx

day 22

The last two days have been difficult.
My sons ex got taken into hospital so the two littleones needed looking after.Plus the her new baby 8 days old.
I have been trying to support my son who works night shift.So with juggling my own job I have been collecting and dropping off children.
The baby is now with his mum in hospital as it was too much responsibilty looking after a little on as well as my own two grandsons.I have been cooking and looking after them in between going to work and running a small business i have hardly had anything to drink and almost ate chocolate today, but resisted.
The youngest is only 20 months so still a baby really he was upset at 1am this morning and wanted his daddy. We managed to settle him in our bed and he slept welluntill 6am.Needless to say neither myself or hubby slept.I was in work at 10am so dropped the 5 year old off at schhol came home did some washing.Changed the 20 month old then had to wake my son up to look after him so I could go to work.I am shattered but managed to get the afternoon off.So home now with youngest grandson just did his dinner and it smelt so nice.But resisted lol.
I need to up my drinking as only managing abiut 1 and a half litres.Off to school at 3pm and have promised a Mcdonalds to my grandson for being so good.
Hope to get a good night sleep tonight.
Hope the lack of water doesnt effect my weight loss too much.
Sorry for the long post hope everyone is ok.
Cathy

Back