catthins diary to a slimmer me

Oh dear what a busy lady you have been, I know its the last thing on your mind at the minute but keep the water going. Well done for resisiting the temptations, you can do this... xxx

Hi Ladies
Im back from a lovely relaxing break.
The good news is I managed to stick to LL total well almost.
When we arrived on the other side of the water OH was looking for a particular bag which had Euros in for Motorway tolls,but he couldnt find the bag ........it then dawnwed on him it was the last bag to go in the car but it didnt get put in!!!!.Trying to think what else was in the bag and he realised my LL supplies for the week were in it.At first I was annoyed but then decided it wouldnt spoil my week and I would be good.So evening meal was planned a chicken fillet with salad.
Later that evening whilst unpacking I came across the bag and yes all my supplies were there.I was really pleased as I was not sure whether I could have resisted all the temptations.
So disaster avoided and the rest of the week worked very well.I had a bar at lunchtime whilst my OH had a light lunch out and in the evening i had a savoury paket whilst OH tucked into a home made dinner. The food smelled lovely but I kept thinking of where i want to be.
I feel really good that I have resisted and stayed abstinent.
My weigh in is on tuesday so hoping its a good one as not been weighed for two weeks.We did lots of walking every day and on Friday I had a lovely spa day .
hope you are all keeping well I will catch up on your diaries this weekend.
Cathy

Well done for keeping to plan whilst away. Well deserved break after the crisis management of the days before.

Keep up the good work xx

day 33

Thanks Clarabow.
i wouldnt have got this far without the encouragement from all you lovely ladies when i was feeling so low in the begining.
So a BIG thank you to you all.
Well I decided to measure myself this morning,my clothes are feeling looser.
I was really amazed at the inch loss in just under 5 weeks.
bust.....loss 3.5 inches
waist....loss 4.5 inches
hips.....loss 3inches.
I love this diet.
Onwards and downwards.
Cathy

Whey hey ... the incredible shrinking woman lol

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today.
I have just come back from my pre-op assessment.
I have been advised to go back onto conventional food as from today :eek:My op is on friday.
I was hoping it would just be advised to have a meal the night before.
So Im feeling very vunerable and scared at the moment and want to cry.
I dont want to put the weight back on I have worked hard at trying to lose.
Im not sure if I should go straight back to eating three meals a day or start by introducing one meal each day.Should I avoid carbs completely and just eat protein based foods.OMG so many things going on in my head.
What ifs about the op,Im having my ovaries removed and separation of adhesions which have been causing me pelvic pain for the last three years.
I was told originally I would be in for the day now Im being told overnight or maybe two nights.
Oh dear will i be able to control myself once Im back on food.:cry:
Sorry for the long post ,Ive tried to contact my LL consultant but no answer so Ive left a message.I have asked her if I can go to see her tonight rather than on my usual tuesday group as I know I will only get emotional in the group.
Will also ask her to weigh me so I can see what I have lost the last two weeks.That should give me a boost.:)
Cathy

Thanks Gracielou
I started to get concerned by 3pm as my LLC hadnt been in touch so I sent an email to LL.
I ended up having two eggs scrambled with chopped onions as there wasnt much else in the fridge.
My LLC had been to a family funeral so wasnt available today or this evening.
I have weighed myself at the local chemist and have lost another 5lbs so really pleased.
LL sent me an email with a 10 day refeed sheet which i need to fast track for 4 days so that I come out of ketosis.Then after my op as soon as I am allowed I wil be back to LLT.
So having a chicken salad for dinner.
Cathy

Glad you have some resolution to this dilema. Not an easy situation xx

Thanks Clara
feeling more positive today.
i have been eating sensibly today although I must admit im not hungry.Im avoiding cheese and choc as I know they are my trigger food.The worse part is i know there is a cadburys easter egg in my sons bedroom and he is away on holiday lol nothing like torturing myself hehe.
I added in bread today it was a slice of wheat soda bread toasted and each time I took a bite I got the hiccups strangely it happened with my chicken too lol.
I have decided to keep posting my feeling on here and reading all the diaries to help keep me focussed untill i can restart LL.
I have been keeping myself busy today by sewing.I am makig four sgnt pepper suits for a wedding in August so need to get a move on.I an feeling in control so far so good.
I have a bit of a fuzzy head today I expect its a reaction to the carbs I have added today.
Back in work tomorrow for two days.Then hospital at 7.30 on friday.
Nothing to eat from midnight on thursday so should be able to manage that easily enough.Then seven days untill i can restart again feeling excited as I want to see the lbs melting away.
My biggest problem is that i dont exercise.I spend a lot of time sitting on my bum either working,sewing or surfing the net.So I am making a promise to myself that as soon as Ive been given the All clear post op i am going back to the gym and joining a zumba class.
Take care everyone
Cathy

Good luck for your op hun xxx

Thank you lovely ladies for your good wishes.
Im looking forward to getting back on LL so I dont have to think about what to eat.
Cathy

Hi Cathy
Good luck for your op.
I've only just seen your diary, sorry I missed it before.
I'm a maintainer and spoke to my LLC before my breast cancer op. last month. She's very supportive but says this isn't the time to worry about what you eat. It is to me because I know I'm vulnerable to comfort eating at a time like this.
Sounds like you've really got your head in the right place. Just eat sensibly, concentrate on small portions of protein, plenty of fresh fruit and veg, keep up the water - you'll be fine.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. xx

Hi SlendaBlenda
thank you for taking the time to read my diary.Hope you are recovering well from your breast operation.
I too tend to overeat when im in a stressfull situation and must admit today has not been too good foodwise I have not made sensible choices,and I know its because I am worrying,but by this time tomorrow it will all be over and all being well.I plan to get back onto LL by next friday.
I agree that my health is more important at the moment rather than losing the weight but I am also aware that my weight is effecting my health so a bit of a double edge sword. LOL.
Tomorrow is a new day Nil by mouth from 12midnight untill after my op.Then its healthy eating.OH is very supportive and he will prepare healthy meals for me.Its just when im let loose I tend t make bad choices or eat more than I really need.This is a real learning curve and I know for me to be successful I will definately have to do RTM or I will just continue with old habits.
Take care
ill be back soon.
Cathy

All the best for tomorrow x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

goodluck hun xxx

Ditto hope all has gone well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back