Cauliflower Pizza Crust

No, but its going on my list now Ive seen it! Ta x :)

I loooooove cauliflower so I am definitely going to try this! I can only imagine that it is delicious! It's cauliflower & cheese, how can it not be?! I tried the smash base one too and didn't like it too much. This is going on the menu for next week! Thanks for sharing BritMum! :eat:

How much mozzarella are you all using? I've bought Asda smart price ones, I think they are 125 g, it's over 2 HEXB A of 42g,so I'm just trying get my head round how you do it? There wouldn't be much for base and top with 84 g ?

Any ideas?

You get 57g of the Tesco Lighter grated mozzarella as a HEX - I use two HEXes of that for one pizza and its still a pretty sparse covering. I couldn't do it with any less than that, so it think Id need 3 HEXes of cheese for a cauliflower pizza, Id just use one in the base and two for the topping.

This is 2 x 57g worth:

6362938067_678b6c4a67_o.jpg

ermintrude said:
You get 57g of the Tesco Lighter grated mozzarella as a HEX - I use two HEXes of that for one pizza and its still a pretty sparse covering. I couldn't do it with any less than that, so it think Id need 3 HEXes of cheese for a cauliflower pizza, Id just use one in the base and two for the topping.

This is 2 x 57g worth:

Is that the cauli pizza? :) bum flaps I never go to Tesco! Lol

Ooo going on the to do list.

yeah you would def need to syn some of the cheese, but between 2 people it wouldnt be too bad syn wise. I have heard it raved about, so am keen to try it

I was thinking more along the lines of using 2 HEXA on a red day, some light mozz for the base and light cheddar for on top. Mmm.

I already live and love cauliflower rice :)

I know this is an old thread but did anyone get around to trying this? If so how much cheese did you use in the base? Do you think strained cottage cheese could be used in the base as an alternative? I'm really keen to give this a go but would like to keep the cheese in the base to a minimum so I can have more on top!

I did it and it was a disaster. :( I used 1 HEX in the base and 2 HEXes for topping but I couldn't get it to come off the (lined) tray, it was a nightmare, wouldn't do it again. Total waste of time for me, but I hear other people have been more successful :D Id rather just spend 5 syns or a HEX on a pitta/wrap. especially if Im using a HEX on cheese in the base anyway :(

Glad I have just read this as I found a recipe this morning (how strang is that) and adapted it (on paper) to try to-day.

Makes one 9-10" pizza
Inspired recipe from Your Lighter Side

Ingredients for crust
1/2 head of a large cauliflower (this will shrink to about 2+ cups aftercooked) 1 large egg ----------- 1 tsp minced garlic ------- 1 tsp oregan
freshly ground pepper
mozzarella cheese 15gms)
Parmesan cheese 15gms) on the original this was measured in half cups and it was American so thought they would use that non fat cheese they can buy there.

Pizza Toppings
Pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese, or cheeses of your choice - 30gms
Favorite pizza toppings

Going to give it a miss and make a proper pizza from Tesco bread mix - going up to get some now !!!! Not really into instant mash base.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've not had a bash at this yet but think I will do some small experiment pizzas to see if I can get something to work. I've done the wrap and smash pizzas which I enjoy so if this doesn't work I'll just go back to them.

Just eaten the real bread based pizza - 1 hex a and 1hex b and veggie topping.

Made a 7" thin base with plenty of topping and when it came to eating it - with salad and a few Actifry chips - it was too much so ate half of it and will the other for lunch tomorrow.

Back