Cauliflower Rice

Babysham80

I love cauliflower rice - it's not the same as normal rice but I prefer it. I make mine using frozen cauliflower because it's often cheaper. I just cook the cauli and then chop it up finely, then serve like normal rice.

Oh YUM. I'd never have thought of that but it sounds magic. Think I'll try that tonight, with Chick Pea Dahl. mmmm. (How long til tea time?! )

It is nice, but it can (in my experience!!) cause VERY smelly wind. Do try it because it's lovely - but make the first time on a day where you can risk having this side effect the next day (not before you go to a funeral or wedding or a long coach journey for example!).

x

Thanks for the advice Lucky7! I'm having this tonight with the salmon curry from the new Curry Heaven book. As I'm doing red this will be a fab alternative to synful rice!

I did try this and it was nice. I don't have a microwave so decided to steam it. The holes in my steamer weren't fine enough, so I placed the 'rice' in a seive (sieve?sp) above a pan of water and popped a lid on. Once melted sieve later, I had a great portion of 'rice'.
I thought it was nice, and can't say my wind was any worse than normal ;-) lol My only thought was that I wouldn't ordinarily scoff a whole head of cauli, but made into 'rice' I easily polished it off.

allie, have you tried roasted cauliflower? It's LOVELY (imo!)

oooh, it is honestly worth trying. It goes all nutty and scrummy ♥

Back