Cauliflower rice.

fuzzyduck

I remembered from an old atkins forum I used to be on.

If you grate cauliflour and then boil it for a couple of minutes then you can use it as a rice substitute.

I used it last night in a stirfry I made with turkey breast (cut up into really small chunks), courgette made into slivers with a veg peeler (I find it looks like I get more this way) and finely shredded cabbage. Used some chinese 5 spice seasoning and threw in the cauliflower rice for the last 30 seconds. Also, if you're on 790 you could use mushrooms too.

It was yummy :D

Sounds Yummy! You can use mushrooms on AAMW too x

Yeah you can. My 1st AAMW I used my Turkey quota, diced small and then skewered onto kebab sticks with mushrooms x

Add-a-Meal
The 'Add a Meal' menu is used as a natural break after four weeks on Sole Source, and is also the first part of the stabilisation process once target weight is achieved. Sometimes referred to as the 'green and white' meal, this menu introduces selected lean protein and vegetables to supplement the Cambridge meal options.
  • 3 or 4 Cambridge meals
  • 3oz (80g) portion of white fish
  • 3oz (80g) poultry meat (without skin or fat)
  • 3oz (80g) quorn or tofu
  • 3oz (80g) skimmed milk cottage cheese
  • 2tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw) such as spring greens, cauliflower, lettuce, mushrooms, cabbage, marrow, broccoli, celery, cress, courgettes or cucumber.

Hi All,

Mushrooms were in the old book, when the new book came out mushrooms were left out (don't know why), they wrote to us CDC saying mushrooms were still allowed on AAM week and 790 as part of the vegatable list.

Fuzzyduck great idea, I'll be giving a try.

CDC

thanks TTey68, also I notice your list says 3oz of poultry, according to Coleys post in the sticky above, it's 2oz. I really hope it's 3oz.

No good asking my CDC, I haven't even had the red and blue book (apparently, she's never heard of it)

1 more thing about the cauli rice. Make sure you use a muslin cloth or fine sieve to drain it, don't use a collander like i did the first time...doh!

thanks TTey68, also I notice your list says 3oz of poultry, according to Coleys post in the sticky above, it's 2oz. I really hope it's 3oz.

No good asking my CDC, I haven't even had the red and blue book (apparently, she's never heard of it)

All CDC can order them. I give them out at all new customer.

CDC

Oh no idea then Fuzzy - just cut and pasted the AAMW from the Official Cambridge page, maybe that, ot the books are wrong? Did 3oz on my AAMW
xx

I remembered from an old atkins forum I used to be on.

If you grate cauliflour and then boil it for a couple of minutes then you can use it as a rice substitute.

I used it last night in a stirfry I made with turkey breast (cut up into really small chunks), courgette made into slivers with a veg peeler (I find it looks like I get more this way) and finely shredded cabbage. Used some chinese 5 spice seasoning and threw in the cauliflower rice for the last 30 seconds. Also, if you're on 790 you could use mushrooms too.

It was yummy :D

Thanx for that Fuzzy sounds lovely, will give it a try....xxx

It used to be 3oz but CHWP changed it fairly recently to 2oz, I'm afraid.

Indulge me, lol... CHWP??

Not sure who they are or what they are, but my book says 3oz and i'm quite happy and content to keep it at 3oz, has worked for many years i'm guessing. See, why fix something that isnt broke? and after all 1oz can make a whole load of difference :)

TT - the 1oz Rebel! lol

mine says 50g, which isn't quite 2oz!

Great recipe, thanks for that - have AAM next week so will give it a go:D

Back