Cauliflower Rice

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Poppysparkle, 10 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I found this recipe last night for cauliflower rice, which you probably know about.

So, I'm going into week 3 and can add fat free cooking sauce and have bought some spanish sauce from Tesco which looks very low in fat/cals, etc. I was going to do it with some Quorn.

The cauliflower gets chopped up into rice size pieces in the food processor, then covered and microwaved for 4 minutes I think and comes out slightly al dente and rice like apparently.

So, if I did some and added a little bit to my sauce and Quorn, would this be really bad in week 3??? Not planning on cooking anything else with regard to veg until next week, but would this little bit of slightly cooked veg do any harm if I have it a couple of times in this week 3?

I know that it's not the "rules", but in one way I'm trying to break them ever so slightly in a harmless way to be honest. I am a bit of an obsessive rule follower, and I don't think this is too helpful and was causing me some issues early in RTM.

Thanks again!

Last edited: 10 April 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Sounds good to me

I would go for it Poppy. I didn't completely follow the structure on RTM either, but like you made "good" choices.
    In my mind RTM is all about learning to re-introduce food gradually in a controlled way.
    Likewise, I didn't have all the triggers in trigger weeks because I know mostly what mine are and have decided to permanently avoid a couple of them. Okay so far. xxxx

Good luck. enjoy. xxx

4. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I will try it later SB! You are right, and I need to just go with my instinct and just to the best I can don't I! And I'm quite comfortable trying this later and it will be lovely to have a hot meal!

Will let you know how it turns out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.