cauliflower 'tater' tots

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
Ok, I think tater tots is purely an American term, but originally these are shredded, deep fried potatos that have been formed into a small cylindrical shape. Found this recipe when googling something else, had it today and it's pretty tasty!

I used

1/2 cauliflower
2 green onions (or chives or dried onion flakes)
salt & pepper
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
garlic powder
2 tbsp oat bran

Break the cauliflower into florets and steam until very tender (steam instead of boil so you don't have to squeeze out the water later, cuz this needs to be dry). Smush them with a fork or put through potato ricer, add chopped green onions, oat bran, salt, pepper, garlic powder and whatever other herbs you like and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and mix thoroughly. Shape into smallish patties or cylinders or whatever, then roll in the remaining nutrional yeast. Those of you on conso can add some reduced fat parmesan cheese!

I baked them for 30 minutes at 200C, but I think next time I'll dry fry them on a non-stick skillet.

Also, I always use up my oat bran allowance in muffins so I just omitted it from my batch of these things:)

sounds nice. Your potato descrip sounds like Potato Croquettes....thats what we call them LOL

Back