caws diary

Hiya - Thought I'd visited before I went away but didn't - hope all is well with you x

All's good with me Gem, not getting here much now - it's much easier to keep up with people on facebook (except you ;)) Have a lovely time away, I'm taking the girls to Alton Towers on Sunday, they're excited, I'm not !!

I don't think much is happening around here these days caws x

Thought I'd do a quick update, while the going seems good !!

Started Dukan last Sunday after a friend did it and after explaining it to me it seemed fairly similar to the high protein/low carb diet that I did before with quite good results. I've done an 'attack' week of virtually all protein and lost 6lb. I did go to my sister's yesterday and had 2 roast potatoes with my dinner though. I've discovered Activia 0% fat yoghurt and the vanilla one is fantastic (I'm usually a strawberry or raspberry yoghurt person !!)

I'm definitely better at cutting out ALL biscuits, cakes, crisps and snacks rather than trying to ration them or 'just have one' so having food lists suits me. The main problems occur really because I'm a fairly lazy cook and my shopping bill last weekend was massive compared to usual buying chicken, steak, prawns, mussels, tuna and other fish etc but there's probably enough for this week and even next week apart from the odd thing I need to pick up in the week. Tomorrow I'll go shopping for veggies and stuff and make an effort to cook them ! I'm going to make a pot of vegetable soup, with a recipe from teh book aswell as it looks really nice.

Work is going really well, I feel I've really settled in with very little stress at all. No more aching feet, although I sometimes get achey knees or back if I'm doing someone's legs which are taking a while. I think I'm struggling more with working 5 days after doing 4 for so long. I seem to have no time for house work and washing etc (sadly ;)) but I'm definitely not so tired when I get home - just sit down, have a cuppa and then really can't be bothered to get a shift on !!

So all is good in my world :)

Back