Step 1 Sole Source + CC's C diary 2013

Well done cc, truly inspirational! How have you found the gym? Thinking of going back on Thursday. I haven't worked out since coming on the plan bit used to go 3 times a week. Scared! X

Thanks Nat and Kate - it was as real lightbulb moment - a real realisation that 'got' me. I've said the words before, but this time I truly understood them. I dont need toxic people in my life, I really dont. none of us do. i can see so clearly now how some people in my life operate, and how Ive let them, so the ball is in my court to sort it out. My confidence is growing! Happy times :)

So today I've walked to the gym and back, did an hour in the gym as well, and herded my tribe round Tesco. Just sat for a minute to decide on a shake and catch up! I had 2 eggs with mushrooms when I got back from the gym and it was amazing. Really really tasty and I savoured every mouthful.

I do like step 2, but I'm quite aware that the losses are not going to be the same. I feel 'full' and almost a bit piggy but safe in the knowledge I'm within the guidelines.

Nat, I personally love exercise. I need the brain clearing, energising feeling - it makes everything more do-able. I sleep better, My skin is better, I also like to think that there are muscles underneath my fat and I'm getting stronger! When I started CWP, I didn't do much the first couple of weeks, but from then on I do my usual workout 3x a week. Occasionally, I have to do a level down on the cross trainer If I'm tired, but not often. I think the key is to listen to your body and only push yourself as far as you can comfortably go. And drink plenty - I drink at least 1500mls during and after my workout. Id advise anyone starting out to find exercise they like best swimming, walking, cycling, hula hooping, trampolining, dancing, gym or running - and do a bit each day :) you'll be fine if you're already used to going - go for it! :)

Have a fantastic Tuesday everyone :) xx

Thanks CC gonna head back Thursday so will let you know how I get on. I work in London Mon to Wed so getting to the gym early in the week is hard. Thursdays. Fridays and the weekend are my days! Have a good rest of week xx

Morning all!

Been out on a brisk walk early today - feeling a little autumnal already! Planning to have 2 eggs scrambled with 80g mushrooms today, plus a vanilla shake, a lemon bar, and a tomato soup. Again, it feels like a lot of food but that's step 2, and I will enjoy it all!

Size 18 is definitely too big waist wise, but ok thigh wise. Hurry up thighs!! I'm longing to buy some slinky Capri gym pants in Primark, but I only want to buy a size 16 ;)

Have a good day xx :) :) :)

So happy! Met a friend today I hadn't seen in a few months and she hugged me - all the way round - and burst into tears saying how fantastic I looked! I still can't see it myself, but I sobbed too and it felt sooooo good! Good friends are priceless :)

Have had my lovely eggs and mushrooms again, really filling. Still got a shake and bar to go.

Have a happy evening ! Xx

So happy! Met a friend today I hadn't seen in a few months and she hugged me - all the way round - and burst into tears saying how fantastic I looked! I still can't see it myself, but I sobbed too and it felt sooooo good! Good friends are priceless :)

Have had my lovely eggs and mushrooms again, really filling. Still got a shake and bar to go.

Have a happy evening ! Xx

How lovely! :) It's so hard but so amazing to adjust to how others are now seeing us. Does make me realise how 'sizist' society can be tho...suddenly feel like I'm not invisible... But didn't feel like I was in the first place...if that makes any sense?!

Have a great day xx

12 weeks on SS then 2 weeks step 2 (with a few intentional hiccups!!) but still..,60lbs down...25lbs to go!

Hello!

I agree Kate, I'm starting to see how society sees people with new eyes. This is such a learning curve! Nat - thank you - did you get to the gym? :)

Well I've been busy with work, gym, life, etc and am keeping on. Step 2 has given me so much more energy, my gym work out was the best I've ever done last night, so I'm either fitter than ever, or I'm reaping the benefits of more food!

Today it's cottage cheese with spring onions and cress, vanilla shake, chilli soup, and lemon bar. I have a killer headache which I think is weather related as I'm drinking plenty.

Weigh in tomorrow, and I'm hoping for a small loss.

Keep well xx

Hello!

Pleased with step 2 - lost 4lbs :)

I also noticed today that the steering wheel feels further away ;) - weird!

Happy times :) xx

Cupcake you're a star! It was reading your diary that got me over all the 'I can't do exercise' excuses and it's even more motivating that you're still getting great losses on step 2. Just shows how hard you're working. It's fascinating to see other peoples' reactions too isn't it?

Aw thank you Rach - I like writing in my diary as it gives me perspective over time, but if it is being helpful to others too then I'm thrilled and honoured!

I don't really have any explanation for why this is working other than it is, and I'm working hard at it and I just know that I want to lose this weight once and for all - no more excuses.

I'm actually enjoying all the exercise and regularly leap off the sofa in the evening to move about - I don't like sitting still so much anymore whereas I used to be queen couch potato! I'm actually changing, and for the better. :)

This for the support, and encouragement. It means a lot xx :)

I was saying to someone today, the only time I used to get the urge to move off the sofa was to head for the fridge :) We're like a couple of butterflies coming out of our cocoons :)

Hi Cupcake, you are doing so well - your diary is fab, a true inspiration! Keep it up! :)

Morning!

Been a busy weekend, managed to swerve a family treat night of fish and chips, and have been busy pulling up my trousers to stop showing my pants! Been to the gym, cycling, walking, and a game of swingball!

I can't believe August is nearly over, and that the autumn is around the corner. Soon be time for jumpers and jeans - I'm determined to be buying skinny jeans at some point before Christmas ;)

Today I'm having vanilla, choc chewy, and chilli soup. Plus cottage cheese and spinach blitzed with nutmeg and coriander - a ss+ day :) xx

I never thought of adding stuff to my cottage cheese, what a great idea to 'spice it up' a bit!

Yes that is a good idea! I love spinach too x

7lbs gone, 23lbs to go x

Hello!

Been so busy here, the summer is escaping! Been walking, cycling, gyming etc as per usual, and still on ss+ this week as we are so social. All going well.

I've also discovered I have bones in my shoulders that I never knew I had ;)

Today, it's a Cappucino shake, and 2x lemon bars :) plus a chicken and broccoli combo. BTW have I mentioned how much I like lemon bars?! :) :) :)

xx

Back