cd advice please

XlosingitX

Gold Member
ive restarted cd 13 days ago on day 3 i was in keto i started aam water flavour and cokezero and bars ..on day 3 as was in keto in the morning its the first pink late afternoon its the 4th pink ! but im really and honestly finding it so very hard .

Last edited:
hi night,
so sorry ur finding it hard this time round hun :(.
i may be just clutching at straws here BUT i was thinking.....
u have always said u found it easy first time round.
so many people struggle on restarts, much more so than their first attempts.
i think ( and this is just my humble opinion) when we prepare to start cd for the FIRST time, we tend to prepare more and really psyche ourselves up cause we KNOW its gonna be hard..... and so we are pleasantly surprised that the actual plan isnt so hard really (compared to what we imagined).
then with restarting... we have already done it once and so we know what to expect and so dont prepare mentally the way we did previously. we have a judgement of how it is going to be and therefore we are liable for a harder time than last time.
im finding that i am more hungry than last time and having to be much much firmer with myself.
i caught myself thinking ' i could eat some chicken and salad leaves' earlier and was very tempted.
on day 3 of my first cd journey i never would have even thought about it, it really was an all or nothing stage for me back then.
dont know if this makes much sense really but it does in my head (that doesnt mean much as sometimes the teletubbies make sense in there, lol):)
I really hope this gets easier for u.
sausages and cheese cant beat nightnight!!:)

hey hun,
you know yourself we are both finding it sooooo much harder 2nd time round.
you just really need to take a step back and focus on the main reason you are doing this.
i think that cheryl is right ,that we do psych ourselves up the 1st time round but then know what to expect 2nd time.
i dont know about you but sometimes i feel and i hate saying this but i feel that this diet gives such fantastic results in a short space of time that i think to myself sh@g it if i fail this time and put up weight i know i`ll get it off in no time so that doesnt help with my willpower,but at the moment im hanging in there and you can too hun.
sit down and make a list of why you are doing this and think back to how you felt last time when doing cd.
i got back into my combats after only 2 weeks on cd,have you got any clothes you want to get into,or maybe go and buy a smaller size as an incentive to stick with it,
im sorry i havent been much help but me and you have got to stick together,
elaine x

elaine you have always be a help to me ive got clothes yea lol but no where near gonna fit and ive got a big book here with weigh graphes what il be in 1 month ect its just foooddddddddddddddd i need it lol

its just foooddddddddddddddd i need it lol

maybe then your cdc is right,that you introuduced the bars too early.
i too have had the bars in the 2nd week(through no choice of my own:rolleyes:) and i do notice that i am more hungry than usual which of course makes you want to eat,but we MUST,MUST,MUST focus on the bigger picture,we want to be healthy and look good in clothes,and buy clothes in "normal" shops and in general i dont want to be judged anymore.
i went out to a shopping centre today and my family had stopped to get a KFC:eatdrink023:,and i was so proud of myself for abstaining,if you start eating you will feel much worse and it WILL get out of control and if you are finding it hard now the 3rd attempt will be near impossible for you hun,
please give it your all and if all else fails why dont you try to work down the plans til you feel able enough to cope with ss or ss+,
elaine x

ty elaine tommorow im going to start on 3 shakes a day for a week ( well try) ......and do it properly ill have to find from somewhere when u can add bars and water flavour

you can add the bars and flavouring after 14days and even though yuo are in ketosis i think that the bars do make you more prone to feeling hungry,so just remember that if you do want to eat its all in the mind and not that you are actually hungry,its the demons trying to bring you back to the dark side:devilangel:,
so im sending you lots of :hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:,
be strong,
elaine x

hi, not sure the reasons behind it, but its in the yellow book that your cd should have given you that you add bars and flavours after 2 weeks.

if SS is a bit tough at the moment, why not try ss+ or 810 for a couple of weeks and drop down to SS after you have got used to it?

I have just started 810 after 13 weeks on LT, as i knew i could not abstain from food much longer, and kept picking on protein, and thought sod it, if i want to eat, lets plan for it properly.

see how you go, but consider a food added plan if you are struggling too much, no point making it harder than it is already.

xx

hi, not sure the reasons behind it, but its in the yellow book that your cd should have given you that you add bars and flavours after 2 weeks.

if SS is a bit tough at the moment, why not try ss+ or 810 for a couple of weeks and drop down to SS after you have got used to it?

I have just started 810 after 13 weeks on LT, as i knew i could not abstain from food much longer, and kept picking on protein, and thought sod it, if i want to eat, lets plan for it properly.

see how you go, but consider a food added plan if you are struggling too much, no point making it harder than it is already.

xx

ty for reply xx i have been on ss+ since day 3 been having chicken n salad if i go on 810 ill be out of keto then none of my hunger pangs going to be removed as of now i no some are just not all like before wen i was on it and thats what i want lol

Back